Transferring apps from iPod Touch 4G to iPhone 4S

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the best way to do this?

Just synch everything off the iPod to iTunes and then plug in the iPhone 4S and manually drag apps from iTunes back over to the iPhone 4S?

(Using the same Apple ID account for everything)

That's it, right? (I'm assuming all the iPod apps are iPhone 4S compatible)

I don't have much to port over. Mainly some games and Social Networking stuff.

Just curious if that's all I'll have to do.

Thanks!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
1. Connect iPhone 4S to computer.
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Sync apps in your iTunes library to iPhone 4S. No need to drag them, go to the Apps tab on the iPhone page and you can check off all the ones you want to put on the iPhone.
4. Enjoy apps on your new iPhone 4S.

As long as you have signed in with the same AppleID you can put all the apps you bought on an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches.

Actually, you don't even need the computer. Launch the App Store (login with the same AppleID) app on your iPhone 4S and go to purchases and you can just see all the apps you have downloaded before at any time and download them directly on the iPhone right there.

Last edited:

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
should be the easiest way.

Personally, I find the 'Auto Sync' for iPhones and iPod Touch's a little tedious, but drag & drop via iTunes seems to be the easiest way for me, FWIW...

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Sync apps in your iTunes library to iPhone 4S. No need to drag them, go to the Apps tab on the iPhone page and you can check off all the ones you want to put on the iPhone.

As long as you have signed in with the same AppleID you can put all the apps you bought on an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches.

Actually, you don't even need the computer. Launch the App Store (login with the same AppleID) app on your iPhone 4S and go to purchases and you can just see all the apps you have downloaded before at any time and download them directly on the iPhone right there.

Completely agree!

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
2. Launch iTunes.

The last option seems like the one I would personally do if I already had an iPhone. Very much like how the Android Market works. As long as you log in with the same email account then you're good to go.

I imagine saving data, like game levels, would probably be done using the computer though, right? Would you need to transfer saved data between devices themselves?

Thank you :)

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My plan is to move everything from my iPod over to iTunes on my home PC, transfer it all over to my iPhone 4S and then reset my iPod Touch 4G and give it to my wife.

She has her own iTunes account/Apple ID, so she'll just go from there.

Can't wait until Friday! (or sooner -hint -hint UPS....)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234