Has anyone ever in the history of iphone ever gotten their phone a day early?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Like maybe on the 13th? The reason I ask is because I know this does happen with android pre orders from time to time.

With the launch of the iPhone 4, there were reports of early delivery - as much as 2-3 days early. As far as I can recall, that was the first time it happened with Apple products - they typically ask the carriers to hold delivery until the official releas date.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
As mentioned above, with iPhone 4, most of us who order from Apple Store got it 1-2 days before release date. I got mine on 2 days prior to the actual street date.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The carriers only deliver early if it saves THEM time and fuel.

(If there are other packages heading out to people in your neighborhood, and your package is ready, they might toss it onto the truck and just deliver it that day.)

Otherwise, they'll wait as long as possible and just focus on delivering the due date stuff on time. A lot depends on where you package is and what else is being delivered in your neighborhood.

But shipping method/due-date takes precedence over delivery convenience.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I talked to someone last night who told me he got the VZW iPhone a day early. If I get mine on Thursday, I'm going to the Apple store Friday morning before it opens and use Siri in front of everyone waiting in line. :D

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When I got the Verizon iPhone 4 last year, I got it 2 days before release (purchased from Verizon), and my sister got hers 1 day before release (purchased from apple). So, a lot of times they do come a day or so early.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know at least one person who got the verizon iphone 4 a day or two before the release date.

When I got the Verizon iPhone 4 last year, I got it 2 days before release (purchased from Verizon), and my sister got hers 1 day before release (purchased from apple). So, a lot of times they do come a day or so early.

Yes, this. I got mine 2 days early through VZW online when I got the iPhone 4. Hoping for similar luck this go round, but who knows.

I do share the sentiment that if you are looking to get one prior to Friday and have not made the pre-order yet, your best bet is to start dating someone at your local Apple or VZW store, online ordering is probably off the table for an early delivery.

cdf619

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
My 4 arrived a day early last year! Went to apple store the following morning for the launch and picked up a bumper while everyone else waited in line:).

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow! This is very interesting! I might as well pre-order the iPhone then.
You will NOT get your "pre-order" early if you order today, in fact you most likely won't see your 4S for a week or two...go to your local carrier on Friday..

And to answer the original question..I pre-ordered my iPhone4 from Verizon at 11:58pm and received it 2 days early from FedEx..

But, because iOS5 is being released tomorrow, I don't think anyone will receive theirs any sooner than Thursday..time will tell..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice