These iPhones are shipping straight out of the manufacturing plants in China.

I hope they're getting a legit QA job over there before they packed them up!
    10-10-2011 08:47 PM
    These iPhones are shipping straight out of the manufacturing plants in China.

I hope they're getting a legit QA job over there before they packed them up!
    We're talking about Apple. They arn't going to do anything wrong.. Even in China.
    10-10-2011 08:48 PM
    My iPhone I preordered last year shipped out of China too. This isn't anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    10-10-2011 08:49 PM
    We're talking about Apple. They arn't going to do anything wrong.. Even in China.
    The iPhone 4 had a few issues even after it was shipped. iPhone 4 issues begin mounting up prior to launch - Neowin.net
    10-10-2011 08:54 PM
    The iPhone 4 had a few issues even after it was shipped. iPhone 4 issues begin mounting up prior to launch - Neowin.net
    Yeah, but they made some in America that we're probably like that. Also that doesn't mean that person in China made the device. It was who created the devices and made the device's fault.
    10-10-2011 08:57 PM
    Yeah, but they made some in America that we're probably like that. Also that doesn't mean that person in China made the device. It was who created the devices and made the device's fault.
    First, my point was that there were issues with the iPhone 4 at launch, it wasn't to place blame anywhere. Secondly, QC could and should have caught these issues before they were ever shipped out.
    10-10-2011 09:09 PM
    First, my point was that there were issues with the iPhone 4 at launch, it wasn't to place blame anywhere. Secondly, QC could and should have caught these issues before they were ever shipped out.
    Oh, alright. I thought you were saying they we're made in China,
    10-10-2011 09:10 PM
    Many times Apple products will ship directly from their point of origin. My wife's 11" MacBook Air shipped directly from China as well (ordered it the first day the core i5s went on sale, so maybe that's why it came from China).

I don't think these things are being packed up and shipped to doorsteps without Apple having a hand in QA.
    10-10-2011 09:28 PM
    I guess it doesn't really matter where they are manufactured but I always thought for some reason they were made in the United States.
    10-10-2011 09:31 PM
    Maybe it was the "Designed by Apple in California" that lead you to believe the iPhone was US made.

It is made in either China, possibly Taiwan (I know iPods were made here, not certain about iPhones) and soon (if not already) Brazil.

Apple has a close working relationship with the factories that produce it's products so the quality will be as high a standard as one could hope for.
    10-10-2011 10:20 PM
    Maybe it was the "Designed by Apple in California" that lead you to believe the iPhone was US made.

It is made in either China, possibly Taiwan (I know iPods were made here, not certain about iPhones) and soon (if not already) Brazil.

Apple has a close working relationship with the factories that produce it's products so the quality will be as high a standard as one could hope for.
    Exactly.

And this is working out like every other Apple product launch. Nothing new here - except the product itself.
    10-10-2011 10:23 PM
    But dont they say on them assembled in China or something?
    10-10-2011 10:50 PM
    But dont they say on them assembled in China or something?
    Right on the back:

Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China
    10-10-2011 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD