Talk about "Under the gun". ...

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
These iPhones are shipping straight out of the manufacturing plants in China.

I hope they're getting a legit QA job over there before they packed them up!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone I preordered last year shipped out of China too. This isn't anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but they made some in America that we're probably like that. Also that doesn't mean that person in China made the device. It was who created the devices and made the device's fault.

First, my point was that there were issues with the iPhone 4 at launch, it wasn't to place blame anywhere. Secondly, QC could and should have caught these issues before they were ever shipped out.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
First, my point was that there were issues with the iPhone 4 at launch, it wasn't to place blame anywhere. Secondly, QC could and should have caught these issues before they were ever shipped out.

Oh, alright. I thought you were saying they we're made in China,

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Many times Apple products will ship directly from their point of origin. My wife's 11" MacBook Air shipped directly from China as well (ordered it the first day the core i5s went on sale, so maybe that's why it came from China).

I don't think these things are being packed up and shipped to doorsteps without Apple having a hand in QA.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess it doesn't really matter where they are manufactured but I always thought for some reason they were made in the United States.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it was the "Designed by Apple in California" that lead you to believe the iPhone was US made.

It is made in either China, possibly Taiwan (I know iPods were made here, not certain about iPhones) and soon (if not already) Brazil.

Apple has a close working relationship with the factories that produce it's products so the quality will be as high a standard as one could hope for.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it was the "Designed by Apple in California" that lead you to believe the iPhone was US made.

It is made in either China, possibly Taiwan (I know iPods were made here, not certain about iPhones) and soon (if not already) Brazil.

Apple has a close working relationship with the factories that produce it's products so the quality will be as high a standard as one could hope for.

Exactly.

And this is working out like every other Apple product launch. Nothing new here - except the product itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711