Sprint sells about 32,000 iPhones in 24 hours.

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
at&t announced how many they sold so how do you know this rep wasn't briefed on this particular info? Most likely they weren't but you never know it is sprint.

briefed on information this bad? 30K iphone 4S sold? come on now. Anyway, I will stop responding to this thread as it really is a useless thread.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
briefed on information this bad? 30K iphone 4S sold? come on now. Anyway, I will stop responding to this thread as it really is a useless thread.

Well info is info you can't just always say the positive I mean it could show how bad of a decision they made investing all that money into iphones over the next few years.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't be right, if AT&T sold 200,000 and Sprint sold 32,000 that means Verizon had to sell roughly 768,000 iPhones for that magic 1,000,000 pre-order figure. I doubt Big Red did that....:rolleyes:

hausaufgaga

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sprint only sold upgrades for the first 48 hours, most people are up for upgrades in Oct - Dec. So they will sell a lot more as holidays near. Also you have to think that Sprint offered no incentive to upgrade like Verizon and AT&T did, they did not give people who a chance to early upgrade or discount something off the price so people are waiting for their upgrades. I have a yearly upgrade (my dad and me are exactly one year apart and he never upgrades or he takes my old phone) but most are not that lucky. Christmas also plays a huge part, it is less than 3 months away so parents are going to a) save the upgrade till then or b) wait till christmas before they pay full price.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Can't be right, if AT&T sold 200,000 and Sprint sold 32,000 that means Verizon had to sell roughly 768,000 iPhones for that magic 1,000,000 pre-order figure. I doubt Big Red did that....:rolleyes:

I think those numbers are what the carriers sold alone. Then add what Apple sold and that probably makes a million. Just my thought.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
There is a Sprint guy posting who says he estimates 125,000 iPhones sold, but he says Sprint does not release numbers.... The sales guy would not know.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint had the lowest numbers, since they have the least amount of customers of the 3 carriers. Also, I believe Vzw and AT&T are taking back orders as well. Sprint said they aren't taking back orders because they want all pre-orders to arrive on the 14th or 15th, rather than get pushed back an extra 1 or 2 weeks.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the exact numbers, I believe them to be higher but I wouldn't try to guess what they actually were. I do know that a low level retail associate in whatever city you live in wouldn't have the inside knowledge of Sprints sales figures since they didn't announce it to the public. It is all speculation until an offical statement comes. I will agree that with it being so close to the holidays that there are probably quite a few people that are holding out to be able to give as gifts. Whatever the number may be, there are that many excited people that can't wait to get their phone haha.

Last edited:

the weasel

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Sprint a while now and I know they came out with the Pre in June 09, The Evo 4g, June of 10, and I think the Evo 3d was around the same time in 11. So I would guess the majority of the smart phone users for Sprint aren't up for an upgrade until April or later. Also the SGS2 just came out, so those buyers are locked in now. Just my two cents.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Good. There should be plenty available on December 1st. I can't wait to bail on this buggy, laggy, annoying nerd OS, Android. I can't believe how annoying this thing is. OH THANK GOD Sprint got the iPhone. I am counting the days. Merry Christmas to me on December 1st. The nerds can have their nerd OS. I'm done. Hello Apple. :D

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Good. There should be plenty available on December 1st. I can't wait to bail on this buggy, laggy, annoying nerd OS, Android. I can't believe how annoying this thing is. OH THANK GOD Sprint got the iPhone. I am counting the days. Merry Christmas to me on December 1st. The nerds can have their nerd OS. I'm done. Hello Apple. :D

Lol, you aren't my son, are you? ;) Your comment sounds like something he would say. Of course, he has a mid-range Android and it isn't as snappy as he'd like. He has been eagerly anticipating the iPhone 4S coming to Sprint. We don't have an upgrade yet we can use. I very much want to surprise him with one. He asked me yesterday evening if he used some money he already has saved and saves more by December if I could help him with the rest. I am hoping to come up with the money so I can get him one now because he would never expect it.

Good luck! I know that for you December can't get here fast enough! :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe the number of iPhone users on Sprint is going to be much higher once Sprint gets it into their stores.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Lol, you aren't my son, are you? ;) Your comment sounds like something he would say. Of course, he has a mid-range Android and it isn't as snappy as he'd like. He has been eagerly anticipating the iPhone 4S coming to Sprint. We don't have an upgrade yet we can use. I very much want to surprise him with one. He asked me yesterday evening if he used some money he already has saved and saves more by December if I could help him with the rest. I am hoping to come up with the money so I can get him one now because he would never expect it.

Good luck! I know that for you December can't get here fast enough! :D

Why don't you just open another line so you can buy it for $200? Even if you canceled it after you got the phone you would still only be paying roughly $570 for iP4S as opposed to $700 just buying it off contract. If you didn't have the $350 right now you could let it stay open for a few months while you got it together and just put a simple phone on the line so it would only be $20 a month instead of $30 and I'm not sure but if you have a simple phone on the line at the time of cancelation it might make the ETF go down to the $200 it used to be but is now only on lines not using a smart phone. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarrieMK

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just open another line so you can buy it for $200? Even if you canceled it after you got the phone you would still only be paying roughly $570 for iP4S as opposed to $700 just buying it off contract. If you didn't have the $350 right now you could let it stay open for a few months while you got it together and just put a simple phone on the line so it would only be $20 a month instead of $30 and I'm not sure but if you have a simple phone on the line at the time of cancelation it might make the EFT go down to the $200 it used to be but is now only on lines not using a smart phone. Hope this helps.

What you said makes perfect sense. The problem is I already have five lines. One is mine, two are my parents', one is my son's and one is my daughter's. I don't think they would let me add another. If it weren't for my employer's generous discount I wouldn't be able to afford the lines we have.

It does look like we may be closer to getting one... my parents said they would pitch in $300 and his other grandparents are in for $200.

I really appreciate all the help and advice you all are giving me. If I like my son's I may end up with an iPhone myself come Spring. If the iP5 is out by then I may upgrade to it, give it to my son, and take his 4S. Lol, thank goodness all my daughter cares about right now is if her phone texts and has Facebook! She would be happy with my NS4G. She is the social butterfly while my son is quiet and studious.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What you said makes perfect sense. The problem is I already have five lines. One is mine, two are my parents', one is my son's and one is my daughter's. I don't think they would let me add another. If it weren't for my employer's generous discount I wouldn't be able to afford the lines we have.

It does look like we may be closer to getting one... my parents said they would pitch in $300 and his other grandparents are in for $200.

I really appreciate all the help and advice you all are giving me. If I like my son's I may end up with an iPhone myself come Spring. If the iP5 is out by then I may upgrade to it, give it to my son, and take his 4S. Lol, thank goodness all my daughter cares about right now is if her phone texts and has Facebook! She would be happy with my NS4G. She is the social butterfly while my son is quiet and studious.

Oh yeah, they have a max of 5 lines per account. You could probably open another line but it would be on a seperate plan or just cancel his line now and open a new one and get the phone at the discounted price. Either one would kind of be a hassle and the 2nd option he would have to change his number but if you really absolutely wanted to get it for him and didn't have all the funds it would be something to consider

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice