Preorder Drama!

MikeyGee19

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So not really drama but, just a question lol...I pre-ordered the 4s but did it late on Friday so im looking at a shipment date of the 21-28th... I was contemplating on just going to the Sprint store to get one on launch day. Assuming Apple wont ship my pre-ordered 4s before friday, i was wondering how long do you think it will take Apple to refund me? And, is it a good idea to do this?....Sorry im just one of those annoying impatient people that need things on the first day hehe.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So not really drama but, just a question lol...I pre-ordered the 4s but did it late on Friday so im looking at a shipment date of the 21-28th... I was contemplating on just going to the Sprint store to get one on launch day. Assuming Apple wont ship my pre-ordered 4s before friday, i was wondering how long do you think it will take Apple to refund me? And, is it a good idea to do this?....Sorry im just one of those annoying impatient people that need things on the first day hehe.

This should be an instant refund from Sprint and they will put you're upgrade back on and charge your 199$ as an Account Credit. Just go in the store and use the credit towards the iPhone.

Reactions: MikeyGee19

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Wait how do you know your looking at the week of 21-28? I pre-ordered a 32gb 4S through sprint.com this morning and confirmed i will be getting it on the 14th or 15th.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you order through Apple, and did you also pay with a CC or a debit card? Refunds usually take 3-5 days to show up on a debit card, so your refund might be there by Friday it just depends on how fast it's processed on both the company and the banks end. I'm not really familiar with CC terms, I don't buy anything I can't pay for outright so I don't use my CC for purchases but I do always see it takes 1-2 billing cycles for your refund to show up on a return form so just by going off of that I would say it wouldn't get to you by Friday. If you bought it through Sprint I would ask how long it would take for basicaly a store credit to show up on your account before asking for that so you don't wind up being stuck with no phone and no money.

Last edited:

MikeyGee19

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you order through Apple, and did you also pay with a CC or a debit card? Refunds usually take 3-5 days to show up on a debit card, so your refund might be there by Friday it just depends on how fast it's processed on both the company and the banks end. I'm not really familiar with CC terms, I don't buy anything I can pay for outright so I don't use my CC for purchases but I do always see it takes 1-2 billing cycles for your refund to show up on a return form so just by going off of that I would say it wouldn't get to you by Friday. If you bought it through Sprint I would ask how long it would take for basicaly a store credit to show up on your account before asking for that so you don't wind up being stuck with no phone and no money.

Yes i did go through apple and i did pay with my debit card... ug i guess ill just wait the extra week

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry! Maybe you will get a surprise on the 14th. Apple might have sold out but I honestly don't think they did because EVERY model gives the same ship estimate and it's hard to believe every gb size on every carrier is completely sold out. Good luck with your phone :)

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Mikey-did you order the 16gb or 32gb? i was gonna order the 16gb but it was sold out and i didnt wanna stand in line friday so i found an extra hundred and got the 32gb because it was still available for pre-order, so hopefully like the others said youll get a nice surprise this weekend.

MikeyGee19

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mikey-did you order the 16gb or 32gb? i was gonna order the 16gb but it was sold out and i didnt wanna stand in line friday so i found an extra hundred and got the 32gb because it was still available for pre-order, so hopefully like the others said youll get a nice surprise this weekend.

Yes i got the black 32gb, and yes Im hoping for an early surprise lol. Its my first iPhone so im just excited and dont want to wait any longer than i have to. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711