1 million pre-ordered Iphone 4S's in 24 hours, wow

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
AT&T sold 200,000 i think. That's a pretty major part of what happened. But we also have carriers all over the world who did their part as well! I'm just happy to see Apple doing well considering the loss that they (we ALL) have suffered lately. I read that Steve left 4 years worth of products in the pipeline! That makes me really happy!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome numbers since everyone was so dissappointed at the upgrades or lack thereof in the 4S.... Apple products will always sell!

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually surprised it was that high with the limited upgrade it was. If the iPhone 5 turns out to be a total redesign the numbers are going to be insane.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually surprised it was that high with the limited upgrade it was. If the iPhone 5 turns out to be a total redesign the numbers are going to be insane.

Limited? It has iPhone 5 parts in a iPhone 4 body.. It's a huge upgrade considering the processor and graphics and camera

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Limited? It has iPhone 5 parts in a iPhone 4 body.. It's a huge upgrade considering the processor and graphics and camera

Yeh it technically is a huge redesign. It just has a small 3.5 inch screen. If it came with a 4 to 4.5 inch screen it would be considered a huge upgrade by people. But I don't think Apple realizes they could have doubled sells with a bigger than 3.5 inch screen but oh well.

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
But I don't think Apple realizes they could have doubled sells with a bigger than 3.5 inch screen but oh well.

I'm guessing their giant marketing department(s) didn't come to the same conclusion. lol Apple has a reason for everything they do. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 3G/3GS & 4/4S pattern continuing for several more years. Apple has to be saving cash by redesigning the shell every 2 years, instead of every year.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No disrespect intended...

i wonder how much effect of the passing of Steve Jobs had on these numbers. B4 the news, people didnt seem that interested.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No disrespect intended...

i wonder how much effect of the passing of Steve Jobs had on these numbers. B4 the news, people didnt seem that interested.

I think it had some to do with it. The iphone would have sold regardless but you see it all the time when a celebrity or someone high up who endorses something passes the sales usually rise right away. Not saying this wouldn't have sold but don't think it would have as well if Jobs was still here JMO.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not gong to happen. Apple believes this screen size is the sweet spot for mobile handsets. Sales support their position.

Apple wants alot of stuff the public or the majority doesn't want. Apple as a whole is great. But can be better. Change is good. Any pole asking whether they want a 3.5 screen vs 4 inch screen. I think you know which one wins. I don't know who has the ability to post Polls on here. But would love to see the results out of 1,000 to 2,000 users on here concerning what size screen they want. Its been all over the internet how disappointed people were they didn't increase screen size. Its not just my opinion its the majority. Sure there are many people happy with a 3.5inch screen but alot happier people with a 4inch screen. Do you really think Apple or the public would be pissed they came out with a 4inch screen, no. Apple fought jailbreaking for years and said it bricks phones, and a whole bunch of false information too and the majority won on that.

To add. Apple based this year off of software not a new shell design. The 5 will be a bigger screen, to many people were disappointed it didn't happen. Apple is a great company with great technology with dictatorship type heirarchy

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple wants alot of stuff the public or the majority doesn't want. Apple as a whole is great. But can be better. Change is good. Any pole asking whether they want a 3.5 screen vs 4 inch screen. I think you know which one wins. I don't know who has the ability to post Polls on here. But would love to see the results out of 1,000 to 2,000 users on here concerning what size screen they want. Its been all over the internet how disappointed people were they didn't increase screen size. Its not just my opinion its the majority. Sure there are many people happy with a 3.5inch screen but alot happier people with a 4inch screen. Do you really think Apple or the public would be pissed they came out with a 4inch screen, no. Apple fought jailbreaking for years and said it bricks phones, and a whole bunch of false information too and the majority won on that.

To add. Apple based this year off of software not a new shell design. The 5 will be a bigger screen, to many people were disappointed it didn't happen. Apple is a great company with great technology with dictatorship type heirarchy

The sales figures don't support that statement, but I know what you mean! ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73