This is remarkable about all the complaining that everybody did, that many people still pre-ordered the device!
    10-11-2011 02:06 PM
    This is remarkable about all the complaining that everybody did, that many people still pre-ordered the device!
    Can only speak for myself, but I ordered the 4S as soon as I got over my own shallow vanity that was wanting the phone to "look" different and be called 5.
    10-11-2011 02:18 PM
    Maybe this will throw some proof to my opinions. From the wikipedia ......

The initial reception to the iPhone 4S was very favorable with many users being impressed with its Siri voice recognition and dictation software. However, with no drastic changes and few new features apparent, the unveiling of iPhone 4S failed to impress some critics.

Reuters suggests this could open new market opportunities for rivals.[15] Shares of Samsung Electronics, HTC and Nokia gained on Wednesday after the 4S was announced, while Apple stock dipped sharply. However, later in the day Apple shares rebounded, ending at a 1% gain.[16] [15] Analyst C. K. Lu of Gartner believes that Apple no longer has the leading edge and 4S will only sell due to brand loyalty, as fans were expecting an iPhone 5 with a thinner profile, bigger screen, and stronger features.[15] Some of these same people also wanted a cheaper stripped down iPhone 4.[14]

These are good sources. The announcement of the 4S and Samsung,HTC, Nokias stocks gained the same day. And Apple no longer has the leading edge and 4S will only sell due to brand loyalty because fans were expecting a Iphone5 bigger screen thinner profile and stronger features. This is from the experts.

Here is the link..... iPhone 4S - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm buying off of brand loyalty myself
    10-11-2011 03:10 PM
    Maybe this will throw some proof to my opinions. From the wikipedia ......

The initial reception to the iPhone 4S was very favorable with many users being impressed with its Siri voice recognition and dictation software. However, with no drastic changes and few new features apparent, the unveiling of iPhone 4S failed to impress some critics.
    This was posted on another board:

Critics are hard on this new iPhone.

After building feature wish lists for months, furiously posting rumors in forums, and even mocking up Photoshopped prototypes of the new iPhone, Mac fans were today rewarded with a slightly better iPhone. If the leap from first-gen iPhone to second could be considered a baby step, consider this one a fetal heart murmur, because Apple clearly had no idea how to shine up the product it launched a year ago.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/apple-iphone-disappoints/

Sound familiar?

That article is from over two years ago and talking about the 3gs which still outsells almost everything except the iP4 as of a month ago..
    10-11-2011 04:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD