They need to copy this from blackberry urgently!

Shaunsimons

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been a blackberry user for a decade and am about to make the jump to iPhone. One question I need help with is...... I have over 100 folders in my email account where I file messages as and when they are received, on the blackberry you can type the first letter of the sub folder and it takes you straight there where as on the iPhone/iPad you need to scroll through the entire list which when you have a lot of folders can be very annoying. Is IOS5 going to have this option?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Probably not...email is not a primary function when it comes to iPhone, where as it is pretty much the only solid feature of Blackberry handsets. If email options of this sort are a make or break...the iPhone is probably not for you.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any big changes I how iOS handles mail folders (which are set up outside the mail app btw). I have to ask, though: over a hundred folders?? I don't think I could come up with that many ways to file my mail. Can I ask how you file things?

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been a blackberry user for a decade and am about to make the jump to iPhone. One question I need help with is...... I have over 100 folders in my email account where I file messages as and when they are received, on the blackberry you can type the first letter of the sub folder and it takes you straight there where as on the iPhone/iPad you need to scroll through the entire list which when you have a lot of folders can be very annoying. Is IOS5 going to have this option?

Or you can just use Universal Search on the iOS

Shaunsimons

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am in real estate and I have a sub folder for all the separate buildings I deal with.

Is there any suggestions you guys have?

Also is a 64GB IPhone necessary?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am in real estate and I have a sub folder for all the separate buildings I deal with.

Is there any suggestions you guys have?

Also is a 64GB IPhone necessary?

Stick with Blackberry if such options are a necessity to your work, or give the iPhone a shot and see if the email options it offers are useful in your situation...nobody really knows just how far you need it to go besides you, perhaps there are work arounds you can find within it to make it work.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

If you set your email up through microsoft exchange all your folders will appear within your host mail, just like it does on my gmail thru exchange.... if you add or delete a folder on your host it'll do it within all your iOS devices

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
They don't need to do anything. It's fine the way it is. Don't like it? There's ways a treo 650. There's going to be a few things you won't like. Oh well.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
A 32 gb will do for most people. If email is your main concern, I'd stick and get a bold 9900. Try the iPhone as most carriers have at least 14 if not 30 days to return or exchange

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Im in agreement with others and iPhone might not be the phone for you...I like to organize my email too but over 100 folders on your cell phone? I organize my email folders on my MacBookPro, not my iPhone.

You may want to stick with the Blackberry...I don't see email organization as a priority in an iPhone..

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think email is fine on the iphone. New for ios5 is below.....

Your inbox is about to receive some great new features. Format text using bold, italic, or underlined fonts. Create indents in the text of your message. Drag to rearrange names in address fields. Flag important messages. Even add and delete mailbox folders on the fly. If you?re looking for a specific email, you can now search in the body of messages. And with iCloud, you get a free email account that stays up to date on all your devices.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

If you are looking for a specific email you can search in the body of messages. I have no experience with the blackberry email UI but Iphone is definately not behind and ios5 added some features to it.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I organized on my computer.

If I'm looking for something, I use Spotlight Search.

Mistress of Mischief

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711