Ok, so I think I said before that my ip4 got stolen last weekend. My friend lent me her upgrade so I didn't shell out $700 on vacation. I was going to just return it and reverse everything when my ip4s showed up, but right now it's sounding more like it would be a lesser pain in the keester if I just send her this phone and not bother reversing it, since its on her account and I paid ATT for it.

If I just sent this back to her, she can pop her iP4 sim into it and right as rain, back on her number on her account and like it never happened and she just upgraded on her own? Then my new phone goes to my account, my number?
    10-10-2011 04:41 PM
    In a word, yes. She will have to replace your data (contacts/calendars, etc) with hers, but as far as setting "your" phone up on "her" account, it's as simple as changing out the SIM card.
    10-10-2011 04:51 PM
    Ok, so I think I said before that my ip4 got stolen last weekend. My friend lent me her upgrade so I didn't shell out $700 on vacation. I was going to just return it and reverse everything when my ip4s showed up, but right now it's sounding more like it would be a lesser pain in the keester if I just send her this phone and not bother reversing it, since its on her account and I paid ATT for it.

If I just sent this back to her, she can pop her iP4 sim into it and right as rain, back on her number on her account and like it never happened and she just upgraded on her own? Then my new phone goes to my account, my number?
    Well it depends if you guys are on different plans. Are you on the same plan? Or are you on a different plan and you are saying she had an upgrade and shes just shipping the phone to you. If you're on the same plan yes, it should work. She will get all her information back except maybe Calenders. All she needs to do is switch the sim card out of the iPhone 4 and put the sim card in the new iPhone 4S. If she is not on you're plan than you could send her the phone still and she just has to put the sim card in it and it should work like last time. So it doesn't really matter which plans you guys are on as long as the phone gets to her.
    10-10-2011 05:58 PM
    I bought the phone on her plan using her upgrade, meaning it's got my number on her plan temporarily. We're authorized on each other's plan til the new phone shows up in my possession, in which case I will send her this one, and she will put her SIM card into that, and sync her phone back to normal after wiping it.

I just wanted to make sure that would work fine. I don't want to make a bigger hassle for her than I already have.
    10-10-2011 06:07 PM
    I bought the phone on her plan using her upgrade, meaning it's got my number on her plan temporarily. We're authorized on each other's plan til the new phone shows up in my possession, in which case I will send her this one, and she will put her SIM card into that, and sync her phone back to normal after wiping it.

I just wanted to make sure that would work fine. I don't want to make a bigger hassle for her than I already have.
    Yeah, then things should work. She will put the SIM in and it should go on her number.
    10-10-2011 06:18 PM
    Well it depends if you guys are on different plans. Are you on the same plan? Or are you on a different plan and you are saying she had an upgrade and shes just shipping the phone to you. If you're on the same plan yes, it should work. She will get all her information back except maybe Calenders. All she needs to do is switch the sim card out of the iPhone 4 and put the sim card in the new iPhone 4S. If she is not on you're plan than you could send her the phone still and she just has to put the sim card in it and it should work like last time. So it doesn't really matter which plans you guys are on as long as the phone gets to her.
    Wow. Where's that damn ALFAC duck when you need him?
    10-10-2011 06:20 PM
    Wow. Where's that damn ALFAC duck when you need him?
    Hahaha, that's kind of funny..even though it was rude.. Lmao
    10-10-2011 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD