Is there a charge to re-download from iTunes?

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I may know the answer to this question, but I figured I would ask just to make sure. If this is a "DUH!" question, I apologize in advance. I currently have an iPhone 4 and I am thinking about not restoring my iPhone 4S to my current iPhones state. I have all my contacts and other information through Google so none of that is a big deal. But when it comes to all of my apps if I go to the store to download them, will it charge me again? Or as long as I use my current apple id will it matter?

Thanks

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are logged into the apple ID you used to purchase the apps previously, the apps will download to your phone for free.

That said, its much easier to sync apps through iTunes than re-download every app individually (depending on how many apps you want back).

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
But when it comes to all of my apps if I go to the store to download them, will it charge me again? Or as long as I use my current apple id will it matter?

Thanks
As long as you back up/sync your CURRENT iPhone to iTunes prior to a reset/restore the device..iTunes has all your apps backed up.

Open up your iTunes account, on the side bar you will see "Apps" listed under "Library"..that is where your Apps are all neatly stored/saved. See photo below..

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are logged into the apple ID you used to purchase the apps previously, the apps will download to your phone for free.

That said, its much easier to sync apps through iTunes than re-download every app individually (depending on how many apps you want back).

That is true, that is why I don't want to resync because I know there is apps that I don't use so this way I download the ones that I need. But that would make things easier.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That is true, that is why I don't want to resync because I know there is apps that I don't use so this way I download the ones that I need. But that would make things easier.

If there are Apps that you no longer use, then simply delete/move to trash in iTunes before syncing your Apps. I go through my Apps periodically and completely delete the ones I no longer want or use or need.

In iTunes right-click the App and choose "delete"..

Last edited:

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I may know the answer to this question, but I figured I would ask just to make sure. If this is a "DUH!" question, I apologize in advance. I currently have an iPhone 4 and I am thinking about not restoring my iPhone 4S to my current iPhones state. I have all my contacts and other information through Google so none of that is a big deal. But when it comes to all of my apps if I go to the store to download them, will it charge me again? Or as long as I use my current apple id will it matter?

Thanks

You're Apple ID will allow you to download all you're current Apps, if that fails due to anything, you can always go on iTunes and do it the old fashion way,

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
When logged into the app store on your iPhone it shows all the apps you have bought. The current ones on your phone and the ones not installed.
I imagine getting a new phone and logging into the app store would show that you have non of them installed.
Its free of charge to redownload them.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The key here is to sync your current iPhone to your computer before syncing your new iPhone. Anything purchased on your iPhone will transfer to iTunes on the computer. I think it is a smart idea for anyone who already has an iPhone and is getting a new one to do this- and then sync with a cable. We are talking about gigabytes of data here!

As for the songs: yes, you can re-downlaod any you missed. You can do this from your iPhone or in iTunes. Look under the "purchased" tab in the iTunes store App on your iphone or in iTunes look at your source list on the far left side and the heading "STORE" there is a sub-heading that reads "Purchased". It will have your entire purchase history (Including apps and books all with the same ID) and you will be able to re-download any and all.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I may know the answer already, but if my son has music on his iPod he will be able to download them to his IP4S without having to purchase them again, right? Thank you.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: CarrieMK

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has been so nice and helpful. I really appreciate it :) I'm sure you all have seen the same questions a million times. I have been reading all I can but of course I had to work today so I am a bit behind.

Reactions: zackawee27

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has been so nice and helpful. I really appreciate it :) I'm sure you all have seen the same questions a million times. I have been reading all I can but of course I had to work today so I am a bit behind.

Yeah, I know you're problem I have to work and I look back and there's like 50 new threads. Haha, I think I keep up pretty good though, don't you? :)

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know you're problem I have to work and I look back and there's like 50 new threads. Haha, I think I keep up pretty good though, don't you? :)

I know! I can't believe how many posts there are since lunch time :) I am trying to learn as much as I can because this will be our first iPhone. Actually it will be for my son and I want to be educated about it. I am much more familiar with Android but am finding the iPhone very intriguing. I may end up with one myself when my upgrade comes up this Spring.

Reactions: zackawee27

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I know! I can't believe how many posts there are since lunch time :) I am trying to learn as much as I can because this will be our first iPhone. Actually it will be for my son and I want to be educated about it. I am much more familiar with Android but am finding the iPhone very intriguing. I may end up with one myself when my upgrade comes up this Spring.

You should! You deserve it. But, if you're upgrade is in the Spring you may want to hold out until Fall for the iPhone 5 on Sprint :)

Reactions: CarrieMK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711