New AT&T customer awaiting iPhone 4s?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to how the porting your number process will work. I currently have a pre-order for the iPhone 4S with AT&T. During checkout I chose to have my number ported from T-Mobile to AT&T. I am curious to how this process will work?

When I get the phone do I insert the sim and call an activation number and presto?

Would really love to hear from those who did this last year with AT&T. Thanks

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
When getting a new iPhone, you don't swap sim cards. The phone comes with a sim card and you activate the new one via instructions.

This is how it has been done when I bought my 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. Just spoke to an AT&T rep and they said you just pop in the AT&T sim card into the iPhone and then call the activation number and that initiates the porting process. Hopefully its that easy.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You will want to call AT&T after activating your new iPhone. There are too many people who want to test the service for a few days prior to porting to have it work automatically.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
First, attempt to activate the phone on your own- it SHOULD activate with your ported number. Now, the key word in that phrase is "should". Friday will be a pretty crazy day for AT&T not only on the network but with their customer service lines. But in the past, It was pretty seamless activating a ported number on a new iPhone.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Had a friend port his number over after having a iPhone on t-mobile for a year. They just set him up with a new account, ported his number over, gave him a sim card and we went on our way.
Simple as that.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
It's super easy! You shouldn't be on the phone with AT&T for any longer than 15 minutes. After that it may take up to an hour for your T-Mo phone to stop ringing when people call you. But that's worse case! I've seen the entire process happen instantly! It's really nothing to worry about though.

cchs227

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Easy as pie. You'll have no problems! Follow the instructions on the pamphlet they provide you or visit att.com/activations.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234