Sprint iPhone 4S, no delays?

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've never understood how all this shipping business works. But, Sprint is being very careful about making it clear that just because there is a tracking number assigned, it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to ship out "today". In the shipping email I received, the following statement shows up under my tracking number:

Please note: If you pre-ordered an iPhone, your device is waiting to be shipped. Excluding extreme circumstances, we will do our best to get it to you Friday, October 14 or Saturday, October 15. Your tracking number included above may not be updated until Friday, October 14. Questions? Visit sprint.com/preorder

Well, being a Sprint customer for almost 8 years, I've seen nightmares with pre-orders being "mis-queued" per say. So, I can see why they would put that message there to CYA.... especially now with the iPhone. I tried calling today while at work... but the freakin hold time for the order dept was way too long. I'll have to callback later tonight.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh and I also recieved my 2nd email with tracking number for Sprint this morning :) Hopefully tomorrow it will be updated and actually work lol but at least I have one so it means even if it doesn't arrive till the 14th I am not on a backorder which happened to me with the BB Tour despite ordering it at midnight.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
...I am not on a backorder which happened to me with the BB Tour despite ordering it at midnight.

This ^^^

I remember this fiasco when the Tour launched. OMG there were some seriously peeved people out there, and rightfully so too! :p

And I'm really hoping this didn't happen to me. I will not be a happy camper.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered mine around 6:30am EST Friday morning. Received the confirmation email then, but no tracking number as of yet.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This ^^^

I remember this fiasco when the Tour launched. OMG there were some seriously peeved people out there, and rightfully so too! :p

And I'm really hoping this didn't happen to me. I will not be a happy camper.

I was beyond furious, I still remember having to go in my back yard because I had people over for dinner so I thought it would be best to go outside lol. It got better for me, the one I finally was supposed to recieve was lost by UPS and then the one I wound up getting didn't work! By the time all was said and done I got a substantial credit from Sprint for all my hassle and phone calls BUT I would have rather had my phone the day it was suposed to arrive and just paid for it with money instead of time and frustration lol.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 2 32GB's Friday afternoon and got my tracking information this morning as well.

Wow... now I'm worried. So, when I pre-ordered, I ordered one for me, and ordered one for my boyfriend... but I'm porting his number in from Verizon. Friday night around 8 or so (CST), I got a order confirmation email (I ordered 7:30am CST mind you) saying my original order was canceled and a new order number was generated. I really hope that my new "place in line" for the pre-order wasn't pushed back because of this. Otherwise, heads will roll :mad:

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i ordered from apple 16gb and still prepping for shipment, it seems most of the ones that have tracking are 32gb, im not really worried about it, although the tracking #'s would make me feel better ;0 but if apple says ill get it on the 14th im willing to bet i will.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing that Verizon is having some delay problems, or that may be a glitch. I ordered mine around 6pm on 10/7 and it still says to be delivered on 10/14, anyone experiencing a 10/21 delay? Is the cutoff only for Verizon? Sorry if this is redundant.

Sprint seems pretty stuck on the delivery dates being the 14th. I wonder why though?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i ordered from apple 16gb and still prepping for shipment, it seems most of the ones that have tracking are 32gb, im not really worried about it, although the tracking #'s would make me feel better ;0 but if apple says ill get it on the 14th im willing to bet i will.

It's not really Apple that says you'll get it the 14th. It's Apple saying it releases that date and Sprint is saying you'll receive it that date. As long as AT&T as of now. Verizon is the 21st apparently.

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It's not really Apple that says you'll get it the 14th. It's Apple saying it releases that date and Sprint is saying you'll receive it that date. As long as AT&T as of now. Verizon is the 21st apparently.

im confident i will recieve it on the 14th. (trying to be positive here! :) considering i spent all night trying to order and finally at 6 am got it through im going to be peeved if it doesnt ;)

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
im confident i will recieve it on the 14th. (trying to be positive here! :) considering i spent all night trying to order and finally at 6 am got it through im going to be peeved if it doesnt ;)

Yeah, you should get it on Friday, it says on Sprint.com " We will try our hardest to get a new shiny iPhone in you're hands by October 14th to October 15th." So hopefully one of those days. Well actually you can't get it on the 15th because its a Saturday so you'd have to wait until Monday the 18th.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow... now I'm worried. So, when I pre-ordered, I ordered one for me, and ordered one for my boyfriend... but I'm porting his number in from Verizon. Friday night around 8 or so (CST), I got a order confirmation email (I ordered 7:30am CST mind you) saying my original order was canceled and a new order number was generated. I really hope that my new "place in line" for the pre-order wasn't pushed back because of this. Otherwise, heads will roll :mad:

Called Sprint last night, they told me not to worry about the order cancellation/recreation, and that shouldn't move me back in line, and she assured me I'd get my phones Friday or Saturday. I figured I'd let it go, and if I got tracking numbers Tuesday, I wouldn't call back. Well, wouldn't ya know, I got tracking numbers this morning. Yee haw!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope there aren't any delays on December 1st. I hate having to wait, but it is truly worth it. Just a little over a month until I jettison Android. I have to decide if I want to go to the Apple Store or Best Buy. I don't want to go to the Sprint store. My experiences there in the past have left me wanting to drink alcohol. LOL!!!

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Finally got an email this morning about my iphone being shipped from sprint. Although the trcking number doesn't work (figures). I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was up all night trying to order, and I finally ordered at 11AM. I do have my tracking info and it says 2nd Day Air (wondering if anyone else sees this as well. If so, has yours shipped?); mine hasn't been shipped yet. I'm still waiting for that email saying it has left the facility! It'll probably be later tonight or tomorrow, I hope!!!! Guess it depends on your location. I'd love to get my phone Friday.

I don't want to go to the Sprint store. My experiences there in the past have left me wanting to drink alcohol. LOL!!!

LMAO!!! This is why I usually go to their Ready Now stores instead of the official retail stores!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW