Question about Siri

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe to assume that Siri will be slower on Verizon than AT&T since it processes info thru Apple servers? I average about .7-1.5mbps and my buddy with AT&T averages 3.5-4.0mbps. Im thinking of making the switch to AT&T from Verizon for the data speeds. Both carriers work well in my area but the only burn I guess is I have unlimited data with Verizon now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine anything that is needed to access the internet for would be the only thing affected and would be negligible in terms of difference anyways (obviously, depending on where you're located when you use the feature).

As far as Siri itself though, i don't think the performance speeds would be different at all.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
if it does i wouldnt see it being a huge difference. maybe a half a second to a second slower. i would think with the dual core it will be speedy on both.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
We don't know how much of Siri takes place server-side vs on-device. My guess is it that we won't be able to tell the difference most of the time.

On the question of Verizon vs AT&T data speeds, it depends a lot on where you live and travel. AT&T might have slightly faster data speed at my home, but when I visit certain family and friends, the signal becomes very erratic while Verizon stays solid. It's a compromise either way.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
We don't know how much of Siri takes place server-side vs on-device. My guess is it that we won't be able to tell the difference most of the time.

On the question of Verizon vs AT&T data speeds, it depends a lot on where you live and travel. AT&T might have slightly faster data speed at my home, but when I visit certain family and friends, the signal becomes very erratic while Verizon stays solid. It's a compromise either way.

exactly which brings you back to making sure a carrier is good for you based on coverage. thats always my #1 concern when choosing a carrier. you may save some $ going with a cheaper carrier but alot of times you are paying less for more dead spots.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2