View Poll Results: How is your iPhone 4S being shipped?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal Express (FedEx)

2 20.00%
  • United Parcel Service (UPS)

7 70.00%
  • United States Postal Service (USPS)

1 10.00%
  • Other (please identify shipper in the thread)

0 0%
    I'm curious. I've seen one post about Apple shipping the iPhone 4S via the US Postal Service (USPS). However, in all my time of using/buying Apple products, I've never known them to use any carrier except United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx

Question: Has anyone ever know Apple to use the US Postal Service?
    10-10-2011 12:25 PM
    UPS for me
    10-10-2011 12:33 PM
    I've never heard that either...but it is possible for UPS/FedEx to basically do a hand off to USPS for local routes, especially in rural areas. It saves money for the shipping companies and gives a little to the local postal service that would be running that rural route anyways.
    10-10-2011 12:36 PM
    I just got off the phone with a Sprint customer service rep and they confirmed my 4S will be shipping via UPS.
    10-10-2011 12:36 PM
    I've never heard that either...but it is possible for UPS/FedEx to basically do a hand off to USPS for local routes, especially in rural areas. It saves money for the shipping companies and gives a little to the local postal service that would be running that rural route anyways.
    That makes sense, I suppose. The post that I saw, the guy was in Baltimore - hardly a rural area, tho.
    10-10-2011 12:41 PM
    I don't think its specific only to rural areas...that's just the only example i've ever seen of it.
    10-10-2011 12:43 PM
    I don't think its specific only to rural areas...that's just the only example i've ever seen of it.
    DHL and FedEX do that around here. I've heard at times it is due to volume... I've personally experienced it during the holidays.
    10-10-2011 12:53 PM
    My tracking is through UPS
    10-10-2011 02:49 PM
    My shipping status says "Standard Shipping" with Delivery on October 14.

It does not specify any shipping carrier though. I'm hoping to get a tracking # soon so I know which color truck to look for on Friday.
    10-10-2011 02:57 PM
    UPS for me ordered through Apple.com. Even if Apple did ship through USPS by way of a hand off; it looks like the phones are coming from China. The guy posting that his phone is in Baltimore is most likely pulling our leg.
    10-10-2011 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD