Cancelled Verizon Pre-Order

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's customer service/ordering info is so bad. As of this morning, they couldn't tell me when it was shipping. The date said the 21st but I found that hard to believe and wanted confirmation. It's almost like the phone reps don't even work for the same company. How can they be so clueless/disorganized. I will just go to the Verizon store Friday morning. I'm sure there will be plenty. If their coverage wasn't so good, I'd switch to Sprint.
My Verizon confirmation says the 21st as well. However, I never called them and have just been checking my order status online every few hours.

Did you maybe piss off the Verizon rep that you said was "clueless/disorganized"? I could easily see a rep "accidentally" canceling the phone order of a disrespectful customer. Not saying you were, just an idea. I'm sure those phone reps have to deal with a ton of pissed off customers and more than a few of them are stressed near their limits.

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You are. Apple has nothing to do with orders placed with Verizon, other than making the phone, and providing it to Verizon for fulfillment via Verizon's normal channels.
Does Apple ship them to Verizon from China, who then ships them to the customer? If so, that seems rather inefficient.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I do understand what he is saying...but the point I'm making is being missed (or overlooked or whatever)...I'm simply saying that if there is no stock in a carrier warehouse or store or whatever applicable carrier storage source, it would come from Apple, which means, if you order a phone that is not in stock (pre-orders during a pre-release), Apple would be the appropriate outlet for information on when the phone would ship FROM APPLE (to wherever its going, whether that be a carrier warehouse, or a home, or an apartment or a cardboard box in an alley).

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I understand the original post to state they ordered the 4S from VERIZON, if so then the phone ships from VERIZON, if you ordered through Sprint then it ships from Sprint, etc...each carrier is given so many phones to sell for pre-order, once that allotment is sold via pre-order/online they are then backordered...

So if your pre-order ship date was moved to 10-21 then I think you did the right thing canceling your pre-order and just picking up a 4S on Friday..I would have done the same thing..

Reactions: General Tso

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand the original post to state they ordered the 4S from VERIZON, if so then the phone ships from VERIZON, if you ordered through Sprint then it ships from Sprint, etc...each carrier is given so many phones to sell for pre-order, once that allotment is sold via pre-order/online they are then backordered...

So if your pre-order ship date was moved to 10-21 then I think you did the right thing canceling your pre-order and just picking up a 4S on Friday..I would have done the same thing..

But if he wanted information about shipping of the iPhone BEFORE the carrier is even given any allotment, the best bet would be to call Apple to find out about shipping statuses, dates, etc, since the carrier would have nothing TO ship, and thus would have no information about when they would ship...no?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
But if he wanted information about shipping of the iPhone BEFORE the carrier is even given any allotment, the best bet would be to call Apple to find out about shipping statuses, dates, etc, since the carrier would have nothing TO ship, and thus would have no information about when they would ship...no?
Agreed BUT honestly my bet is, once they are backordered no one will give you an exact date, hundreds or thousands of iPhones being shipped to carriers, etc...you won't get a solid answer from a carrier or Apple...

FYI if you cancel your pre-orders that doesn't guarantee that the money you spent already on your pre-order will actually be credited to your bank account/credit card before Friday the 14th...retailers usually say allow 5-10 days to receive a credit...just something to consider when canceling a pre-order..

ainslee_AU

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
FYI if you cancel your pre-orders that doesn't guarantee that the money you spent already on your pre-order will actually be credited to your bank account/credit card before Friday the 14th...retailers usually say allow 5-10 days to receive a credit...just something to consider when canceling a pre-order..

Verizon normally doesn't charge your payment until they actually ship your device (word from a rep when I called today inquiring why my cc hadn't yet been charged), so he should be in the clear.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
My understanding was ... It ships from outside the US in to the warehouse (in the US) of either the carriers, retailers or manufacturers.

You'll be able to verify through ups where it ships from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
jesus christ sooooo much misinformation in this thread. let me make this perfectly clear:

IF you preordered the phone between 10/7 and 10/8 @ 10AM EST then the order will ship on 10/12 or 10/13 to be delivered on 10/14 (which is launch day)

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)

IN THE MEANTIME, what we (VZW) do for a pre-order is charge your credit card a $0 charge to basically "hold" your order in the warehouse. When the item actually ships from the warehouse (i.e a fedex tracking number is generated) THEN your credit card is charged for the amount of the purchase.

We (VZW) have the iphones in our warehouses across the country. Apple ships the devices to our warehouses and then when our customers order the devices, WE ship them the device.

Hope this makes things perfectly clear.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
jesus christ sooooo much misinformation in this thread. let me make this perfectly clear:

IF you preordered the phone between 10/7 and 10/8 @ 10AM EST then the order will ship on 10/12 or 10/13 to be delivered on 10/14 (which is launch day)

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)

IN THE MEANTIME, what we (VZW) do for a pre-order is charge your credit card a $0 charge to basically "hold" your order in the warehouse. When the item actually ships from the warehouse (i.e a fedex tracking number is generated) THEN your credit card is charged for the amount of the purchase.

We (VZW) have the iphones in our warehouses across the country. Apple ships the devices to our warehouses and then when our customers order the devices, WE ship them the device.

How sure are you?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

It was clear to me all along. However, there's someone else here that's convinced everything he's said is fact, when it's clearly not.

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It was clear to me all along. However, there's someone else here that's convinced everything he's said is fact, when it's clearly not.

the post wasnt directed at everyone in the entire thread, only the select few who seemed to think otherwise.

however, it is good information for all parties to know.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You've got a severe comprehension issue if you still do not understand what my point was...but since I've explained it several times here, i'll let you either go back and read it again and understand or just continue to be thick headed, either way, no big deal lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro