Cancelled Verizon Pre-Order

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's customer service/ordering info is so bad. As of this morning, they couldn't tell me when it was shipping. The date said the 21st but I found that hard to believe and wanted confirmation. It's almost like the phone reps don't even work for the same company. How can they be so clueless/disorganized. I will just go to the Verizon store Friday morning. I'm sure there will be plenty. If their coverage wasn't so good, I'd switch to Sprint.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why did you call Verizon to find out when Apple was going to ship your phone?

Really???? I'm a Verizon customer, and for the iP4, I ordered on Verizon's web site, and the phone was shipped via Verizon's fulfillment. I suspect many other people did the same thing. Yeah, at one point the phone did ship from Apple to Verizon - but once it was in Verizon's hands, Apple was not responsible for fulfillment - Verizon was.

Reactions: General Tso

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Really???? I'm a Verizon customer, and for the iP4, I ordered on Verizon's web site, and the phone was shipped via Verizon's fulfillment. I suspect many other people did the same thing. Yeah, at one point the phone did ship from Apple to Verizon - but once it was in Verizon's hands, Apple was not responsible for fulfillment - Verizon was.

On a pre-order placed online and shipped to your home/office/wherever...Apple would be responsible for shipping, not Verizon.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On a pre-order placed online and shipped to your home/office/wherever...Apple would be responsible for shipping, not Verizon.

I pre-orderd from Verizon, My iP4 come from Verizon's shipping, not Apple. You are flat out totally spewing a lie.

glitchy74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If their coverage wasn't so good, I'd switch to Sprint.

Since they use the same technology, don't they essentially have the same coverage? I always thought you just connected to a VZW tower if out of range of a Sprint one? Where I live I noticed no change in coverage switching from Verizon to Sprint.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The reps probably don't have a clue when the phone will actually ship. If you pre-ordered and didn't cancel the order, you will get it by Friday.

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Since they use the same technology, don't they essentially have the same coverage? I always thought you just connected to a VZW tower if out of range of a Sprint one? Where I live I noticed no change in coverage switching from Verizon to Sprint.

Negative. If Sprint is available in your area, but the tower is further away than a Verizon tower - you do not connect to the Verizon tower because it is a better signal.

AFAIK Sprint only uses a Verizon tower if there is absolutely NO Sprint coverage in an area. They have a deal worked out where, in those cases (and vice-versa) it would 'roam' on the other carrier's network.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I pre-orderd from Verizon, My iP4 come from Verizon's shipping, not Apple. You are flat out totally spewing a lie.

Really? So the fact that Verizon has ZERO allotment before the phone officially comes out means that some how, magically, they'll have iPhones to ship out to pre-orders before the iPhone is officially shipped to Verizon itself?

LoL...good logic. The iPhone 4 was different because it was already a released phone, and from what i remember, Verizon actually got their shipment of the iPhone 4 well before they started selling them.

Like i said...when the iPhone has a NEW MODEL RELEASE (clarified for the dense), pre-orders ship from Apple before release date, not the carrier...because THE CARRIER DOES NOT HAVE PHONES YET.

If a carrier has stock, then yes, shipment can come from the carrier or apple, but when there is no stock, shipment comes directly from Apple, thus making it a matter of contacting Apple themselves to find out about shipment times, etc.

Reactions: j7469

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The reps probably don't have a clue when the phone will actually ship. If you pre-ordered and didn't cancel the order, you will get it by Friday.

How sure are you? I pre ordered mine at about 6am eastern time! And still my status says expected ship date as 10/14/11. If this is the case we won't be getting them until the day after or later. I am on the verge of canceling my order as well and waiting in line at a apple store or going to a Verizon store. Im pretty sure out of all carriers Verizon will be the easiest. You don't want to go with sprint or you'll just be waiting longer. They will be the highest demand.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon's customer service/ordering info is so bad. As of this morning, they couldn't tell me when it was shipping. The date said the 21st but I found that hard to believe and wanted confirmation. It's almost like the phone reps don't even work for the same company. How can they be so clueless/disorganized. I will just go to the Verizon store Friday morning. I'm sure there will be plenty. If their coverage wasn't so good, I'd switch to Sprint.

IM CANCELLING MY ORDER! :mad:

Then you say..."If their coverage wasnt so good, id switch to Sprint."

WHAT???

Dont feed him.

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
IM CANCELLING MY ORDER! :mad:

Then you say..."If their coverage wasnt so good, id switch to Sprint."

WHAT???

Dont feed him.

Dude, I'm not a troll. Just a frustrated long time Verizon customer. I was just seeing what experiences you all have had with the CS reps regarding the 4s. I just find it hard to believe that the CS reps really have no idea about a phone this big. My point is that I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon. I live in a rural area so Verizon is my only option. Stop with the troll nonsense.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude, I'm not a troll. Just a frustrated long time Verizon customer. I was just seeing what experiences you all have had with the CS reps regarding the 4s. I just find it hard to believe that the CS reps really have no idea about a phone this big. My point is that I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon. I live in a rural area so Verizon is my only option. Stop with the troll nonsense.

Should have called Apple...then again, what would i know, I'm spewing lies. LMAO... :D

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I am also a Verizon customer. I went to the Verizon page last Friday morning to pre-order, but then I realized that I should probably go ahead and order from the Apple website. So before I completed my order I went to the Apple website and ordered it from there. After hearing your story, I am glad I did that. :)

Reactions: General Tso

atlawson

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My order confirmations says: Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11.
From Verizon. Doesn't say where it is coming from, but on the telephone there automated systems make it sound like it is coming from their warehouse and not apple to me.

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Really? So the fact that Verizon has ZERO allotment before the phone officially comes out means that some how, magically, they'll have iPhones to ship out to pre-orders before the iPhone is officially shipped to Verizon itself?

LoL...good logic. The iPhone 4 was different because it was already a released phone, and from what i remember, Verizon actually got their shipment of the iPhone 4 well before they started selling them.

Like i said...when the iPhone has a NEW MODEL RELEASE (clarified for the dense), pre-orders ship from Apple before release date, not the carrier...because THE CARRIER DOES NOT HAVE PHONES YET.

If a carrier has stock, then yes, shipment can come from the carrier or apple, but when there is no stock, shipment comes directly from Apple, thus making it a matter of contacting Apple themselves to find out about shipment times, etc.

I preordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T last year and it shipped from...AT&T!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Should have called Apple...then again, what would i know, I'm spewing lies. LMAO... :D

You are. Apple has nothing to do with orders placed with Verizon, other than making the phone, and providing it to Verizon for fulfillment via Verizon's normal channels.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are. Apple has nothing to do with orders placed with Verizon, other than making the phone, and providing it to Verizon for fulfillment via Verizon's normal channels.

facepalm.jpg

I bow out of this one for the sake of sanity...ask yourself this though, why would a Verizon CSR know anything about pre-release shipping FROM Apple to ANYWHERE (house, carrier warehouse, igloo)? If they aren't in the carrier's possession, a CSR would simply know they were coming...sometime...from Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro