I understand the original post to state they ordered the 4S from VERIZON, if so then the phone ships from VERIZON, if you ordered through Sprint then it ships from Sprint, etc...each carrier is given so many phones to sell for pre-order, once that allotment is sold via pre-order/online they are then backordered...

So if your pre-order ship date was moved to 10-21 then I think you did the right thing canceling your pre-order and just picking up a 4S on Friday..I would have done the same thing..
    But if he wanted information about shipping of the iPhone BEFORE the carrier is even given any allotment, the best bet would be to call Apple to find out about shipping statuses, dates, etc, since the carrier would have nothing TO ship, and thus would have no information about when they would ship...no?
    10-10-2011 01:57 PM
    But if he wanted information about shipping of the iPhone BEFORE the carrier is even given any allotment, the best bet would be to call Apple to find out about shipping statuses, dates, etc, since the carrier would have nothing TO ship, and thus would have no information about when they would ship...no?
    Agreed BUT honestly my bet is, once they are backordered no one will give you an exact date, hundreds or thousands of iPhones being shipped to carriers, etc...you won't get a solid answer from a carrier or Apple...

FYI if you cancel your pre-orders that doesn't guarantee that the money you spent already on your pre-order will actually be credited to your bank account/credit card before Friday the 14th...retailers usually say allow 5-10 days to receive a credit...just something to consider when canceling a pre-order..
    10-10-2011 02:13 PM
    FYI if you cancel your pre-orders that doesn't guarantee that the money you spent already on your pre-order will actually be credited to your bank account/credit card before Friday the 14th...retailers usually say allow 5-10 days to receive a credit...just something to consider when canceling a pre-order..
    Verizon normally doesn't charge your payment until they actually ship your device (word from a rep when I called today inquiring why my cc hadn't yet been charged), so he should be in the clear.
    10-10-2011 02:19 PM
    My understanding was ... It ships from outside the US in to the warehouse (in the US) of either the carriers, retailers or manufacturers.

You'll be able to verify through ups where it ships from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 03:09 PM
    jesus christ sooooo much misinformation in this thread. let me make this perfectly clear:

IF you preordered the phone between 10/7 and 10/8 @ 10AM EST then the order will ship on 10/12 or 10/13 to be delivered on 10/14 (which is launch day)

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)

IN THE MEANTIME, what we (VZW) do for a pre-order is charge your credit card a $0 charge to basically "hold" your order in the warehouse. When the item actually ships from the warehouse (i.e a fedex tracking number is generated) THEN your credit card is charged for the amount of the purchase.

We (VZW) have the iphones in our warehouses across the country. Apple ships the devices to our warehouses and then when our customers order the devices, WE ship them the device.

Hope this makes things perfectly clear.
    kch50428, Gushue, benzie and 2 others like this.
    10-10-2011 04:37 PM
    jesus christ sooooo much misinformation in this thread. let me make this perfectly clear:

IF you preordered the phone between 10/7 and 10/8 @ 10AM EST then the order will ship on 10/12 or 10/13 to be delivered on 10/14 (which is launch day)

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)

IN THE MEANTIME, what we (VZW) do for a pre-order is charge your credit card a $0 charge to basically "hold" your order in the warehouse. When the item actually ships from the warehouse (i.e a fedex tracking number is generated) THEN your credit card is charged for the amount of the purchase.

We (VZW) have the iphones in our warehouses across the country. Apple ships the devices to our warehouses and then when our customers order the devices, WE ship them the device.

How sure are you?
    10-10-2011 04:54 PM

It was clear to me all along. However, there's someone else here that's convinced everything he's said is fact, when it's clearly not.
    Premium1 and Adawg1203 like this.
    10-10-2011 04:55 PM
    How sure are you?
    cause i work for the company...
    10-10-2011 05:06 PM
    It was clear to me all along. However, there's someone else here that's convinced everything he's said is fact, when it's clearly not.
    the post wasnt directed at everyone in the entire thread, only the select few who seemed to think otherwise.

however, it is good information for all parties to know.
    10-10-2011 05:06 PM
    Don't worry man, I'm sure they are going to ship it on the weekend
    10-10-2011 05:11 PM
    Don't worry man, I'm sure they are going to ship it on the weekend
    carriers dont ship on the weekend. a tracking number may be generated, but the package wont get picked up until the next business day.
    10-10-2011 05:14 PM
    Thank you sir for the information. All I wanted to know is why they put the expected ship date 10/14/11
    10-10-2011 05:15 PM
    How sure are you?
    And what nslasha has noted above is exactly how I know Verizon has operated based on past experience, and is their standard operating procedure.
    10-10-2011 05:15 PM
    You've got a severe comprehension issue if you still do not understand what my point was...but since I've explained it several times here, i'll let you either go back and read it again and understand or just continue to be thick headed, either way, no big deal lol.
    10-10-2011 05:28 PM
    Keep it civil folks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 05:36 PM
    This thread has made me LOL. For the OP, I'm sorry you couldn't get any info and I hope you have no problems getting your phone in store on launch day. As far as where the phones are coming from I am on Sprint and they claim they it is in their warehouse, I will know better that if they shipped from there or from Apple when my tracking number gets updated and shows where the shipment originated from. All carriers had to get them from somewhere so of course Apple would be shipping to the carrier but Apple would have to deliver their products to the service provider at least one day before launch so if they are waiting till like the 12th with overnight shipping to get them to the carrier and that's why the employee didn't see anything in stock and and had no other answers for you. I guess we will all just wait and see where the phones are shipped from, here is to hoping wherever it comes from everyone receives theirs in a timely manner
    10-10-2011 05:38 PM
    We'll all know where the phones are shipped from when we get them in our hands, won't we?! Be patient guys/gals.
    10-10-2011 05:45 PM
    [QUOTE=nslasha;1773237]jesus christ sooooo much misinformation in this thread. let me make this perfectly clear:

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)QUOTE]

This is not true with AT&T nor Apple, just simply stating, I ordered mine by 1AM on 10/8 not even 15 hours after the pre-order started... after hours of trying to and it arrives between 10/21-10/28
    10-10-2011 05:57 PM
    [QUOTE=Cleveland;1773405]

IF you preordered the phone AFTER 10AM EST on 10/8 then orders WILL SHIP BY 10/21 and delivered in 1-2 business days from that point (depending on if you chose overnight or 2 day shipping)QUOTE]

This is not true with AT&T nor Apple, just simply stating, I ordered mine by 1AM on 10/8 not even 15 hours after the pre-order started... after hours of trying to and it arrives between 10/21-10/28
    never said it was, which is why the rest of that post was slathered with VZW....

edit: not to mention the title of this thread is Verizon pre-order...
    10-10-2011 07:18 PM
    Apple knows how to make these deliveries happen. I'm positive on Friday I will have two shiny new iPhone 4S in my possession. I have a day job so waiting in line is a non-starter.
    10-10-2011 07:27 PM

Great info in your reply, thanks.

I ordered at 10:37am est on 10/8 from vzw. Is it correct to assume vzw will be shipping out phones throughout that period between 10/14 & 10/21??

On a side note: I don't recall anywhere in my vzw pre-order where shipping options were given.

Thanks again for your help.
    10-10-2011 08:52 PM
    I think that's what he/she was saying. I think almost everyone who preordered will have it between 10/14 and 10/21.
    10-10-2011 08:55 PM
    I think that's what he/she was saying. I think almost everyone who preordered will have it between 10/14 and 10/21.
    Thanks, totally missed it. I blame my public primary school education.
    10-10-2011 09:08 PM
    Great info in your reply, thanks.

I ordered at 10:37am est on 10/8 from vzw. Is it correct to assume vzw will be shipping out phones throughout that period between 10/14 & 10/21??

On a side note: I don't recall anywhere in my vzw pre-order where shipping options were given.

Thanks again for your help.
    yes, we will be shipping phones between 10/14 and 10/21 in the same order as which the orders were received.
    10-10-2011 09:46 PM
    This thread is live example of why these forums should implement a mini IQ test upon registration and set the minimum IQ score equivalent to a 5 year old. Thus, we wouldn't see such a thread in the first place!

OP, quit crying or cry more somewhere else.
    10-11-2011 01:19 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD