iPhone 4S coming from Hong Kong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolopzo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Apparently so. I just received my UPS tracking and it shows that my iPhone departed Chek Lap Kok (HK) today. It still says 10/14 as expected delivery.

*** I don't like this ***

manolopzo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, customs at this place tend to stop the freight and check every single hole. Some iPad2 were delayed because of this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you bought from Apple, yes its coming from HK. Remember, these devices were just built and had the final OS loaded. No time for them to be sitting in a warehouse at Cupertino in CA.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, customs at this place tend to stop the freight and check every single hole. Some iPad2 were delayed because of this.

Almost everything that Apple makes comes from China (as at the minimun, the final assembly point), and comes to the US through Hong Kong. Nothing extraordinary about this shipping route.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Almost everything that Apple makes comes from China (as at the minimun, the final assembly point), and comes to the US through Hong Kong. Nothing extraordinary about this shipping route.

yep.. I have never had any problems with delays whenever I ordered a apple product..

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Apparently so. I just received my UPS tracking and it shows that my iPhone departed Chek Lap Kok (HK) today. It still says 10/14 as expected delivery.

*** I don't like this ***

Yeah, Apple probably has the like 4th master place in China. They made/held them there. It's no big deal though. You should still get you're device on the 14th. Wait do you have Sprint, Verizon or AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711