How to get iPhone 4S VZW on release day

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I was not able to preorder the iPhone 4S, but really want to get on on release day. I'm on Verizon, is there anyway to get one still? Is Lining up at the Verizon store a good idea? The apple store? If so, how early would be a good time? Or am I just going to have to wait awhile? I appreciate any help, thanks so much!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to the store... early :) You should be fine and be able to get one without a problem! Do you go to your local vzw often? If you visit one location and know the employees they might be able to hold one for you also

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Like 12 am early, or like a couple hours before opening? I don't go often and don't know any of the employees. I will also call and ask the store tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Anyone else have any experience with this?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What he said, lol. I wouldn't worry about it. I think they don't have the same stock issues that they had with the original iPhone 4.

Oh the memories. It took me 4 tries lining up at 5:30am outside the Apple store to get my iPhone 4 originally, and that was 3 MONTHS after it was released. Good times lol.

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
No question is dumb, and waiting is your best bet at this point. Don't overpay for this device to the greedy ones that take advantage of the hype and benefit.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I didn't preorder but I'm in southern california and have 4 apple stores somewhat nearby me so I'm going to the least busy one and waiting out. I have a friend that works there and said only 5 people "waited in line" early in the morning for the iPad 2 launch... So I'm not expecting it to be very busy.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Go to the store... early :) You should be fine and be able to get one without a problem! Do you go to your local vzw often? If you visit one location and know the employees they might be able to hold one for you also

Agreed, everybody wanting a Iphone on release day will get one. There is alot of misinformation that pre-orders selling out means all iphones sold out. Sprint,Verizon and AT&T will be overstocked if you will. The carrier reps have already said the only issues on release day is long lines.

Last edited:

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple Apple stores near me, but they are always packed. Do you think going to the apple store is a safer bet than the Verizon store?

Apple will probably have more stock but more people in line so it will probably be about equal. Probably a day or before the stores will know how much stock they have so you can call ahead. I'd just stick with going early like an hour or 2 before the store opens and just bring a book and/or a coffee so you can be sure to get it.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that it is sold out based on the preorders. So, if I were to somehow come up with the money there is a chance I could get one for my son in-store on launch day? I'm sorry if I sound like a doofus but I really don't know these things, which is why I am asking so many questions :)

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that it is sold out based on the preorders. So, if I were to somehow come up with the money there is a chance I could get one for my son in-store on launch day? I'm sorry if I sound like a doofus but I really don't know these things, which is why I am asking so many questions :)

Pre-orders were online, you more than likely won't be able to get one online on the 14th but in store stock is different and you can purchase at a retail location via apple or your provider :)

Reactions: CarrieMK

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
^stock for the in store sales is separate from the pre order sales. They are not sold out completely just with pre orders. Don't worry there will be plenty of stock at the stores. Just get there early like others have said. And if you can find a store that you know doesn't get crowded go there.

Reactions: CarrieMK

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your replies :) There may be hope for me yet! My son would be stunned if I were to come home with one on Friday :D Waiting in line would be worth it. I have approached family members to see if they could pitch in and help me get him one. He works so hard and knows things are difficult for us financially right now so he would never ask. He is a great son who will is well on his way to an academic scholarship and I would love to be able to surprise him! :)

Nchaka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I preordered mine from Target and will pick it up friday after work. You could do that or go to Best Buy and preorder there. You won't have wait in line hoping they won't run out.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple predicted this kind of hype pre-release. I forget the reports and articles that said they expected to sell 10 million iPhone 4S's (it was "iPhone 5" at the time), or something like that. Whatever the case, I think everyone will get their hands on one.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I would go to your local Verizon Store not a Apple Store...Verizon will have plenty of iPhones on release day..

With the iphone4 pre-orders were sold out even sooner and the stores still had plenty of phones and often no lines at all throughout the day..

I didn't pre-order (because I didn't see a need to)..so I will show up at my Verizon Store whenever they open...I actually called to see what time they opened and the guy said he'd write the order up and have the iPhone4S waiting for me...

mrobertson21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Living in Central MA makes it somewhat easier for me. I think i'm gonna just go to the most obscure VZW store I can think of. Worked for me when the 3G came out. lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro