Potential iPhone4s Buyer! Help!

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, im new here and possibly thinking about getting a iPhone4s or Nexus Prime. I really like the iPhone and a lot of my friends have it so I am excited about the iMessenger chat and siri. My biggest concern is that I like to be REALLY organized and I am afraid of being able to sync. I am pretty busy and on the go and use my laptop a lot. Unfortunately I have a Windows 7 laptop. So I am afraid that I will not be able to sync and keep up to date between my phone and laptop. I rely on both a lot to keep me updated. Calendar, mail, contacts, books, documents, all of that. I like the iCloud service and would love to be able to use it as much as possible. For people who have windows 7 laptops, is this a problem? Is there anyway i can download Mac OS on my laptop lol?

Thanks for the help!!

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys, im new here and possibly thinking about getting a iPhone4s or Nexus Prime. I really like the iPhone and a lot of my friends have it so I am excited about the iMessenger chat and siri. My biggest concern is that I like to be REALLY organized and I am afraid of being able to sync. I am pretty busy and on the go and use my laptop a lot. Unfortunately I have a Windows 7 laptop. So I am afraid that I will not be able to sync and keep up to date between my phone and laptop. I rely on both a lot to keep me updated. Calendar, mail, contacts, books, documents, all of that. I like the iCloud service and would love to be able to use it as much as possible. For people who have windows 7 laptops, is this a problem? Is there anyway i can download Mac OS on my laptop lol?

Thanks for the help!!

What email and calendaring are you using?

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If i were to get the 4S and i started using the built in iCal, Pages, all that apple stuff, i would not be able to sync or access or edit it on my windows computer right?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
iCloud does all the syncing now, you don't really need to connect to a computer and regardless if you do, why wouldn't everything be able to back up? It doesnt matter what platform you're using long as your computer doesn't give out on you and erase iTunes or something.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you are the perfect candidate for iCloud. If you are talking about calendars and music and the like, then iCloud will do it all without you even needing to. If there are things that still need to be done by plugging the phone in to your computer, once you plug it in all will be done for you automatically via iTunes. We all get busy but plugging the iPhone into your computer takes seconds and it will keep you all synced up!
Read more about iCloud and watch a video about what it does here:
Apple - iCloud - The new way to store and access your content.