Now that I don't have to leave my awesome plan with Sprint I can jump ship to the iPhone from Android. I currently have the EVO 3D. Before that I had the EVO 4G, Palm Pre, then a series of Windows phones from the Touch Pro, Mogul, to the old brick of a Nextel i930. Anyone had experience with these phones and anything you think I might miss in the iPhone and perhaps features from my previous phones I will get back?
    Thanks
    10-09-2011 01:29 PM
    I had a Pre and A mogul, your not missing anything there. With Android, just you'll have to buy all new apps.

KC
    10-09-2011 01:34 PM
    I too have had several devices started with an HTC apache, HTC mogul, HTC diamond, HTC touch pro, HTC touch pro 2, palm pre, HTC evo, HTC evo 3D. I switched to AT&T due to sprint charging me for 2 HTC evo 3D ordered through Austin to ohio and I live in Oklahoma. They didn't want to drop the charges.

Anyway the first thing you will miss is the widgets and the open source.

You will learn to do without widgets and for anything else there is an app.

One huge thing I missed was notifications and ability to set custom tones but those have been addressed with iOS5. the battery life is waaaay better than any android or windows mobile device. And you won't need to root your phone to install a custom Tom to make it work well the iOS 5 just works! Now you can jailbreak and get a lot more but all in all iPhone is way better

Make the jump an welcome aboard!
    We are here to help.

One more thing!

You will get this community that is always willing to help and you will find tons of info here!

The battery life on
    10-09-2011 01:43 PM
    I, too, didn't want to leave sprint because I loved my plan also, I just had this feeling that one day the iPhone would come to sprint, it was just a matter of time. I had the Blackberry 851i, the Sanyo Katana, Blackberry 830 curve, Sanyo Incognito, a couple of Motorola models I can't remember their model numbers, it been that long ago. My present phone, the HTC Evo 4g. This will be my first iPhone and I can't wait to get it, besides, if I don't, my Mac computer be very upset with me.( some kind of family thing) There's one thing you should do if you're not use to the iPhone's features, learn all you can about it, There are good books on it, if you have family members or the good people on this website, just make sure you do your homework and you'll be well prepared when your iPhone arrives, just my two cents worth.
    Last edited by iStarrwoman19; 10-09-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Correction on a couple of letters
    CarrieMK and spuntz82 like this.
    10-09-2011 06:34 PM
    It's kind of funny-- I live in Japan, and i got my iPhone here back in '09 with the 3GS. My carrier in the States has been Sprint though since 1997-- I even worked as a phone tech back in my college days. It'd be nice to be able to use my old plan on the 4s when I come back home, but I don't think you can get the CDMA carriers to just turn on an ESN without it first being in their system somehow... Or am a wrong?
    10-09-2011 10:18 PM
    You won't get the gesture area back from the Palm Pre. Not in this iPhone generation, anyways.
    10-09-2011 10:23 PM
    I've also had several devices and came from the Pre to the EVO 4g and now I'm seriously thinking about the 4s. To be honest, the EVO 4g has been one of the best phones I've owned, it really has not given me any problems. But, I'm curious about trying the 4s, besides, it will go along great with my Mac book and my iPad 2, lol..
    Last edited by Bigchris; 10-10-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    10-10-2011 03:14 AM
    I, too, didn't want to leave sprint because I loved my plan also, I just had this feeling that one day the iPhone would come to sprint, it was just a matter of time. I had the Blackberry 851i, the Sanyo Katana, Blackberry 830 curve, Sanyo Incognito, a couple of Motorola models I can't remember their model numbers, it been that long ago. My present phone, the HTC Evo 4g. This will be my first iPhone and I can't wait to get it, besides, if I don't, my Mac computer be very upset with me.( some kind of family thing) There's one thing you should do if you're not use to the iPhone's features, learn all you can about it, There are good books on it, if you have family members or the good people on this website, just make sure you do your homework and you'll be well prepared when your iPhone arrives, just my two cents worth.
    My son is excited too. He has been waiting for Sprint to get the iPhone for what seems like forever! I am trying to figure out a way to surprise him with one so I entered the contest and am doing lots of reading to learn about it. I am very happy for those of you who are getting theirs and hopefully soon my son will be joining your ranks. Congratulations!
    10-10-2011 07:15 AM
    Now that I don't have to leave my awesome plan with Sprint I can jump ship to the iPhone from Android. I currently have the EVO 3D. Before that I had the EVO 4G, Palm Pre, then a series of Windows phones from the Touch Pro, Mogul, to the old brick of a Nextel i930. Anyone had experience with these phones and anything you think I might miss in the iPhone and perhaps features from my previous phones I will get back?
    Thanks
    I had windows phones, blackberries and then android. In fact, i'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 until my iPhone 4s comes in. I can tell you with no doubt in my mind that the iPhone is the best phone I've ever owned. The stability and ease of use make it great as an every day phone. Yeah, the larger screen on some of these phones is nice. But guess what, I have a harder time typing with my SGS2 than I ever do with my iPhone. Anything you can do on any of those phones listed, the iPhone can do(besides the 3D function in the EVO3D.)

I am by no means an Android hater, in fact I love and respect what Android has done for the mobile phone community in creating a more competitive atmosphere. But, for me, the iPhone is better than anything they can come up with at the moment.
    10-10-2011 09:19 AM
    I am looking forward to my first iPhone, but I fear I may miss the integrated turn-by-turn navigation through Google Maps on my Droid. Does the iPhone have this?
    10-10-2011 01:38 PM
    I am looking forward to my first iPhone, but I fear I may miss the integrated turn-by-turn navigation through Google Maps on my Droid. Does the iPhone have this?
    Not natively, but there are so many turn by turn navigation apps for iPhone, many of which are on par or better than that of Android phones, that i don't think this will be a problem for you, lol.
    !BigTex71 likes this.
    10-10-2011 01:40 PM
    It doesnt have it like android. Download waze it is free and pretty good for nav.
    !BigTex71 likes this.
    10-10-2011 01:41 PM
    In my experience, it works better on iOS devices than Android.
    10-10-2011 02:01 PM
    Thanks, everyone. Good to know. Fears doused.
    10-10-2011 02:06 PM
    In my experience, it works better on iOS devices than Android.
    How could it if it isn't available on iOS devices?
    10-10-2011 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD