Why an iPhone 4S and not an Android?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I sold my ViPhone4 to purchase the ViPhone4S and I had to re-activate the Droid Incredible.....

Im just saying....O.M.G. I can NOT stand the Droid, its like using a kids toy cell phone after using the iPhone4 for 7 months...it's choppy, often slow to respond, downloads slowly, call clarity is worse...etc etc etc...even holding the iPhone in your hand it feels like a solid device whereas the Incredible is all plastic and creaks like plastic...to me there's NO comparison..

While the Verizon rep was re-activating the Droid Incredible for me, I played around with the latest greatest Droids, yeh NOT impressed..Im sorry there's no beating the iPhone IMO...it "JUST WORKS"!!

Reactions: Crystalftw

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 4S from Verizon, w/ a 10/21 delivery date, with the belief (hope?) that I will see the Nexus Prime official announcement before my 14-day return deadline passes. I read Samsung cancelled the 10/11 announcement, has anyone heard when it may be rescheduled for?

Last edited:

jhigs

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incredible when it came out, then got it traded for the Droid X when I had to have 6 warranty exchanges. I've played with most of the high end Android phones wheh they came out. Customization was fun at first, but eventually I just wanted it to "work" without having to do anything special. Some of the simplest tasks are much easier with iOS (jotting a quick note for example).

I've had iPods for 7 years along with iTunes since it was released. Our macbook from '07 still works perfectly, and we recently added a Mini to the household. And, my wife got a 4 a few months ago. Going with an Apple product would make great sense for me.

And I hate to say it, but Android seems too... fragmented :eek:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love the iPhone...i have an android based phone for business and i still love and prefer my personal iPhone more.

Why? That's been answered 100 times on this forum by hundreds of different people. It really makes no different why i personally love my iPhone the most, because what i prefer may not, in any way, apply to what you need to love the phone you purchase. I personally can't stand the way my EVO performs, i don't like the cluttered feel of the OS, i don't like the way the widgets work, i don't like the size, i don't like the battery life...i could go on and on about what i don't like about it just as i could go on and on about why i DO like the iPhone.

You seem almost 100% sold already, but you seek someone to try and talk you out of it...quite honestly, i'd say go buy the phone you're pretty much sold on already...and enjoy it!

cheekiemonkey72

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have pre ordered my iPhone 4S last Friday morning after getting a text from my network provider Orange, and I have previously owned a iPod classic with which I give to my mother inlaw when I purchased my 1st iPhone 3GS, and I have been extremely happy with all it can do, all the apps that available, built in GPS etc, so I wouldn't have other phone now let alone a Android, I love all Apple products, as I also own a iPad 2.....so basically you have got be a good insight on what the device can do & I for 1 am quite excited about getting the 4S soon :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
It depends on your needs and what you like. Both have great qualities. I always say its like diets. What works for you and your lifestyle is "best".

I'm not one to talk bad about either one. They both have a ton of great features/options. Weigh the pros and cons and see how they fit to your needs. Go from there.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I may get tar and feathered with you...

I feel there is no better device. They are just different and both have their pros, and their cons.
Just try both, read up as much about them, and then choose the one that is best suited for "your" needs.

For ourselves, we are pretty platform agnostic. We dabble here and there, and over there too.

:)

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have used tons of Android phones. I've owned a G1, Moto Cliq, Droid, Droid 2, Droid Pro, G2, G2X, MyTouch 4G, myTouch 3G, Samsung Vibrant, MyTouch Slide, HTC Hero, Evo 4g, Epic 4G, and the Droid X. I think that's it, and yes, I know I have a problem, lol. And no I'm not rich, I just resell the phone and then apply it towards the next one I want. I've also owned an iPhone. I consider myself a power user, and I always seem to switch back and fourth. Here's my opinion on this: Android is about choice, flexibility, and raw power. iOS is about a smooth user experience, nice hardware, and abundance of support from both devs and third party manufacturers.

I love both platforms for different reasons. I still have yet to find an Android phone that is as smooth as an iPhone, and I've used the duel core superphones. That doesn't mean they're bad phones,. They offer great choice in user experience. You can load custom roms and have a device that looks almost however you want it to. Apps can integrate with one another and that offers a much more seamless experience in certain circumstances. There is a ton of choice in hardware. You want a very affordable phone and don't need much power? Cool, there's a phone for that. You want a mid range device that's cute and has a spot for a cell phone charm? There's a phone for that. Need a physical keyboard? Boom. Phone for that. Want the highest end device on the block (for the week at least?) Phone for that. Want a small screen. Yep. Phone for that. Want a big @$$ screen? Phone for that! I think you probably get my drift here. No matter who you are, you can probably find something that appeals to you. I have found that the Android versions of apps for some reason just never look as good as the iOS versions. This is of course a generalization as there are a ton of fantastic apps out there for Android.

As far as the iPhone goes, it's all about simplicity. One new phone a year (except typically the previous gen is released at a cheaper price point with 8GB of storage). You know the UI is gonna be smooth, and there's not a whole lot you can screw up. Even if you do, typically a restore is just a plug into iTunes away. There are tons of apps available, and usually the big name apps are available on iOS first. I'm sure some of this has to do with the fact that there are a lot less variables on an iPhone. As I stated above, it seems to me that iOS versions of apps tend to look better. Things are more out in the open as there isn't a hardware menu key. Less submenus can be less confusing for a lot of users. I tend to like the hardware better on iPhones too. I love the new Galaxy S II phones, but I just can't stand that cheap plastic feel they have. Give me the steel and glass iPhone 4 design any day.

In the end I think both are great choices. It all comes down to you. Contrary to what many may tell you not all iPhone users are Apple Logo worshiping sheep that would buy a block of wood if the it was on it. Don't feel bad if it's what you like. If you ever want to try out the Android fold, go for it. I think you'll be surprised at how nice things can be. It may take a little work to get it how you want it, but in the end it can be worth it.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
@kikideath. Excellent post! 16 phone in 24 months? Wow! You should post reviews on Youtube before reselling each phone. So what're you gonna do with the 4S and Prime?

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol, well I've slowed down a lot lately. My wife doesn't love my phone addiction as much as I do. :p I'm pretty much done with Android for a while and I'm gonna go for the 4S. :)

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid 2 global! and hands down i want a phone that can bomb pics and no ads and easy to use with battery life that can last. iphone 4s is # one on my list but the holiday season is tricky. wait it out and see what you need and like! don't get a device because of popularity, get a device that suits yourself

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
One point to make on Iphone vs Android to help make a decision without throwing a bunch of stuff out there. Is even 3 years old, the Iphone will be 100% software up to date. Nothing outdated about the phones years later and they still perform. The Iphone 3GS that was released in July 2009 will be getting the same software update as the Iphone4S. So whats that tell you. Andriod sucks, they have a cool factory themes though, lol.

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Iphone to Android a year ago. And Im switching back to Iphone 4S this week, I cant wait.
It boils down to individuals needs. My needs are something that works (provides and shares all functionality I need), has a friendly and easy to use interface, gets regular updates and fixes, and has a good selection of great apps. With that in mind, Android is not suited for me.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I switched from Iphone to Android a year ago. And Im switching back to Iphone 4S this week, I cant wait.
It boils down to individuals needs. My needs are something that works (provides and shares all functionality I need), has a friendly and easy to use interface, gets regular updates and fixes, and has a good selection of great apps. With that in mind, Android is not suited for me.

I think by curiousity people leave Iphone from time to time. Than common sense comes into play. Good decision my friend. Why not switch back to the Iworld we live in to the most inovative iphone to date.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My impression is that the iPhone will suit you better. If you intend to buy a phone soon, go to your carrier (or Best Buy, etc.) before next Friday and spend time with the Galaxy S2 and the iPhone 4. Take notes, ask questions and resist pressure to buy a phone. Tell them you're waiting for the 4S and Nexus Prime.

You can read dozens of reviews and get hundreds of feedback from different people, but what matters most is your personal reaction to how a particular phone feels, looks and works. Find out which feels more intuitive to you. Scroll, swipe, pinch and type on the glass keypad. Take the phone near an external window and see how the screen looks with outdoor light on it.

Of course the iPhone 4S will be even faster than the iPhone 4. The camera will be better and Siri will add a whole new level of functionality. But at least you can get an idea of what it will be like as you spend time with the iP4.

If you can wait another month for a new phone, I suggest you test the 4S and wait for the Nexus Prime & Android 4.0/ICS announcement. It's possible that this will be a significantly improved Android.

This is a good post. People should definitely try out devices for themselves and make the decision based on his/her needs and preferences.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

My son is so excited about the iPhone coming to Sprint. He has a mid-range Android phone right now and wants to change to the iP4S. I would gladly get him one if I could.

As for regular updates, you are right. However, if you were to have a "Google" phone you would get all sw updates as well. When ICS comes out I will have it on my NS4G. :D

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say I'm a bit biased when it comes to iOS and Android. Maybe because my first smartphone was the 3GS, and I have used an iPhone ever since. I will say that I was not sympathetic to the iPhone until after I had one in my hands and realized how amazing it was.

I remember thinking it was so awesome to be able to see traffic from my phone and avoid areas of clutter. I think when it comes to Android, they try to cram so many features into so many different phones, none of them really holding the foundation that the iPhone has. Yes, a lot of iOS 5 features already existed on Android, but I see Apple as perfectionists. I'm willing to bet that Apple has put more functionality into the new features, and of course remain appealing to long-time iPhone customers.

There's nothing that could make me want to switch to another OS at this point. I'm stoked about iOS 5 being the hit it already is. Features are solid and not half-done. I'm proud of that. Don't you all agree?

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say I'm a bit biased when it comes to iOS and Android. Maybe because my first smartphone was the 3GS, and I have used an iPhone ever since. I will say that I was not sympathetic to the iPhone until after I had one in my hands and realized how amazing it was.

I remember thinking it was so awesome to be able to see traffic from my phone and avoid areas of clutter. I think when it comes to Android, they try to cram so many features into so many different phones, none of them really holding the foundation that the iPhone has. Yes, a lot of iOS 5 features already existed on Android, but I see Apple as perfectionists. I'm willing to bet that Apple has put more functionality into the new features, and of course remain appealing to long-time iPhone customers.

There's nothing that could make me want to switch to another OS at this point. I'm stoked about iOS 5 being the hit it already is. Features are solid and not half-done. I'm proud of that. Don't you all agree?

Lol, I agree that Android can seem a bit congested at times. I have an NS4G right now and it has no bloat, only the features and apps I want. It will also receive regular updates, like the upcoming ICS. My son raves about the iPhone and I'm going to do my best to get him one. He doesn't ask for much and is such a great son. I wouldn't be able to get one for myself until Spring but I'm sure I will be educated of its virtues by then and be able to make an informed decision :)

Crystalftw

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies! I really appreciate it!
I wrote my husband an email last night telling him I want an iphone4S!! hahaha I probably won't purchase it until next month so if something else comes out that blows my mind I can check it out.
You guys rock! :D

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used Android since the Hero. It's a good OS and I have been very satisfied with it. Here is why I am moving to an iPhone:

1. Apps. In general iOS has better quality apps, better selection, exclusives, and first grab when they are on both platforms.
2. Stability. To get a good Android experience rooting and flashing custom ROM"s/kernals is pretty much mandatory. Stock software is universally crappy. Each ROM has issues that crop up so your always flashing a replacement, it's a never ending cycle I am tired of playing in.
3. The ecosystem. This is the #1 reason I am switching. I bought an iPad 2 and absolutely love it. Android tablets just aren't ready for primetime. I want one platform for both devices so I am not buying apps twice(as much at least) and supporting two different OS's. It's just makes my life easier. One day when Android's tablet OS has matured I may revisit the equation but for now it's iOS.

In summary as odd as it may sound my choice in phones has been driven by my preference in tablets.

This sums up my thoughts exactly.

You know my biggest gripe and I know it sounds minuscule but...buying case for an iPhone is a great experience. Choices in colors, styles, bulk, etc. On the Droid...good luck

Another good point.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox