I have a spare car charger for my ipod and was wondering if it will charge the new iphone 4s.
    Anyone know?
    10-08-2011 09:45 AM
    It should work.
    CarrieMK likes this.
    10-08-2011 09:48 AM
    I would like to know this too. My son already has an iPod with a car charger. I am wondering if he would need a new one. I would hate to stand out in the cold before Christmas to surprise him only to find out he doesn't have a car charger!
    10-08-2011 09:51 AM
    I have a spare car charger for my ipod and was wondering if it will charge the new iphone 4s.
    Anyone know?
    Yeah, its the same USB cable that all iOS devices have. iPhone 3G charger could work with iPod Touch 2G because, they use the same white USB cables.
    CarrieMK and iPhoneEnthusiest like this.
    10-08-2011 10:09 AM
    yes it will work.. I have like 6 or 7 cables from all the idevices I have purchased..
    CarrieMK likes this.
    10-08-2011 10:46 AM
    Good to know that they are compatible. It can get quite pricey purchasing accessories as it is. At least we'll have a start. This will be our first iPhone so I am trying to learn all I can!
    10-08-2011 12:15 PM
    Good to know that they are compatible. It can get quite pricey purchasing accessories as it is. At least we'll have a start. This will be our first iPhone so I am trying to learn all I can!
    Just so you know, an iPhone always has the same USB cable it use's for iPad, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, and also an iHome. They all use the same plug as the iPhone.
    CarrieMK and iPhoneEnthusiest like this.
    10-08-2011 12:20 PM
    Anyone know?
    The 30 pin USB cables are universal... the important part is the business end of the charger... the part that goes into the car's power source. They have to output the right amperage in order to charge an IOS device, as opposed to just keep it running. The only way to know for sure is trial and error. One car charger I have says it's "universal" - but won't charge my iPad... only keeps it running. Caveat emptor.
    CarrieMK likes this.
    10-08-2011 12:23 PM
    Just so you know, an iPhone always has the same USB cable it use's for iPad, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, and also an iHome. They all use the same plug as the iPhone.
    Lol, my son probably knows all this but I don't want to be the lame clueless mom. He already has an iPod he bought himself and the iPad he got for Christmas last year. I am trying to surprise him with an iPhone so I wanted to make sure he has what he needs for it.
    10-08-2011 12:26 PM
    Lol, my son probably knows all this but I don't want to be the lame clueless mom. He already has an iPod he bought himself and the iPad he got for Christmas last year. I am trying to surprise him with an iPhone so I wanted to make sure he has what he needs for it.
    Just make sure he doesn't go buy a used one of craigslist without you're permission because, then you would buy an iPhone for no reason! Unless you'd like to keep it.
    10-08-2011 12:28 PM
    And the home/wall wart chargers for the iPad are also compatible with the iPhone and iPod. They charge those devices faster, as the iPad charger puts out 10w, vs 5w for the iPod/iPhone chargers. Apple's website lists them as compatible with all of their mobile devices.
    zackawee27 and dwfw like this.
    10-08-2011 12:45 PM
    Yeah, its the same USB cable that all iOS devices have. iPhone 3G charger could work with iPod Touch 2G because, they use the same white USB cables.
    Actually sometimes depends on the voltage. But I think it should be all fine.
    10-08-2011 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD