Hello all quick question that I have searched the forums for but havent found the answer for

I had an Iphone 4 that I used to sync on my MBP .. it broke and I went to an android waiting for the new iphone .. I pre-ordered the Iphone 4s and am waiting for it to be shipped

Question is

I had been sync'ing my 4 on my MBP and I would like to get the contacts and calendar off that sync'd restore and I will have a one time access to that MBP .. however I will need to use my PC to sync my new 4S from then on .. is there a way I can get my contacts and info onto the new 4s and then re-sync it to my PC without losing the contacts??? I would prefer to stay with the MBP but that isn't an option

any help would be appreicated .. thank you in advance

Joe
    10-08-2011 08:48 AM
    Hello all quick question that I have searched the forums for but havent found the answer for

I had an Iphone 4 that I used to sync on my MBP .. it broke and I went to an android waiting for the new iphone .. I pre-ordered the Iphone 4s and am waiting for it to be shipped

Question is

I had been sync'ing my 4 on my MBP and I would like to get the contacts and calendar off that sync'd restore and I will have a one time access to that MBP .. however I will need to use my PC to sync my new 4S from then on .. is there a way I can get my contacts and info onto the new 4s and then re-sync it to my PC without losing the contacts??? I would prefer to stay with the MBP but that isn't an option

any help would be appreicated .. thank you in advance

Joe

You could just transfer you're contacts and other stuff to iTunes and then do a sync from iTunes to you're new iPhone 4S.
    iPhoneEnthusiest likes this.
    10-08-2011 08:55 AM
    Ty for the reply Zack

So I should sync the new 4S to the itunes on my MBP .. set up the 4s as a restore from my old 4.. then save the contacts to my PC (thats what I didn't know how to do) .. then sync to the PC (which i know will resync all my info?? I'm not worried about songs and apps as I have all of them on the PC already .. just need the contacts and calendar info

I don't have the old 4 anymore (broken) so I can't take the contacts from that
    10-08-2011 09:06 AM
    Ty for the reply Zack

So I should sync the new 4S to the itunes on my MBP .. set up the 4s as a restore from my old 4.. then save the contacts to my PC (thats what I didn't know how to do) .. then sync to the PC (which i know will resync all my info?? I'm not worried about songs and apps as I have all of them on the PC already .. just need the contacts and calendar info

I don't have the old 4 anymore (broken) so I can't take the contacts from that
    Mm, I know if you take it to Sprint you can get you're contacts transferred over for free as for the calender info, I am not sure you can get that back due to you're iPhone being broke. But, try to go to AT&T or Verizon and they will switch you're contacts for free or a little fee!
    10-08-2011 09:16 AM
    Thanks again .. that would be a sweet option however I don't have the old Iphone 4 only the back up I did the day it broke .. I guess I'll just have to restore the new 4s with the old 4 backup then sync my contacts to google .. then switch the 4s to pc .. which will delete the contacts .. then re sync my contacts thru google .. only bad thing about that is the contacts always seem to add dupes and cross connect entries .. thank you again for your advise
    10-08-2011 10:31 AM
    Thanks again .. that would be a sweet option however I don't have the old Iphone 4 only the back up I did the day it broke .. I guess I'll just have to restore the new 4s with the old 4 backup then sync my contacts to google .. then switch the 4s to pc .. which will delete the contacts .. then re sync my contacts thru google .. only bad thing about that is the contacts always seem to add dupes and cross connect entries .. thank you again for your advise
    No problem, and I think if you're broken iPhone is broke they can still get the contacts out of it, if you have an Old phone such as a flip phone with some contacts you can take that to verizon or at&t and they will put those contacts on you're 4S. Maybe it has some of you're contacts?
    iPhoneEnthusiest likes this.
    10-08-2011 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD