Anyone pre-order through Best Buy?

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would you guys order your iPhone from best buy? In my experience with all electronics, they are the least knowledgeable and their prices are not competitive. You would be better off ordering from the carrier or apple itself.
Also regarding accessories, when I was looking for ipad accessories, they had less of a selection than even Verizon. For example, right before hurricane Lorraine here in the NYC area, I was searching for a battery backup for my iPad and itouch and they had nothing. I browsed their other accessories at that point and they were very limited.
Apple was out of stock of backups for the i products and they recommended blackstones. I picked up a cool backup there for my iPad. Touch backup at verizon.

As for me. I will be selling my charge back to them. Which I purchased for $199 as opposed to the $299 Verizon wanted me to pay. Oh yeah they are paying me $350 for the charge. I will only ever buy phones from best buy.

Count

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I ended up pre-ordering mine at Best Buy also. I gave it a shot last year and it was painless, I was in and out within 10 mins. I will admit I enjoy the lines at the Apple store and all the Apple fans. It's a great experience just to be around others who take exceiment in what you love. This year I gave Best Buy a shot again because I have something to do Friday and don?t have the luxury to stand in lines all day, and I wouldn?t be home to have it shipped to me. I got my call from my Best Buy store telling me I was the 1st pre-order and I can come in at 8am and pick up my 4S Oct 14.

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the call from BB and they asked what time I wanted to come in a pick up my phones. I Pre-ordered a 16GB in white (wife's phone) and a 64 Gb back (mine). They had called about the 64 only and when i told them i had the 16 pre ordered also they said that I had to wait for that call to set up the appointment. If I get the call the can do both at the same time. I dont understand how one can be ready and the other not:confused:

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I haven't received a call yet either. 64gb AT&T black
Apparently no best buy in the country received any 64gb iPhones last week

Hopefully tomorrow.
But according to them everyone will get it by the 31st if not I'm demanding more than a refund for my gift card
I have preordered stuff before and have always had good experiences with them

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Why would you guys order your iPhone from best buy? In my experience with all electronics, they are the least knowledgeable and their prices are not competitive. You would be better off ordering from the carrier or apple itself.
Also regarding accessories, when I was looking for ipad accessories, they had less of a selection than even Verizon. For example, right before hurricane Lorraine here in the NYC area, I was searching for a battery backup for my iPad and itouch and they had nothing. I browsed their other accessories at that point and they were very limited.
Apple was out of stock of backups for the i products and they recommended blackstones. I picked up a cool backup there for my iPad. Touch backup at verizon.

We can also get no interest for 6 or 18 months with their credit card, get reward points and in my experience the lines on launch days at the best buy stores are not that long

le_seus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i preordered thru best buy and am not happy. i put the $100 down on 2 iphones (16 & 32) sprint. now i dont know if sprint iphones are so limited that they are just not getting any but i was 2nd on the preorder list for sprint and w a week gone by i havent gotten a call. instead now i've been able to reserve both iphones that i want thru apple and picked up one wednesday and will be picking up my other one today. but the problem with this is that my $100 deposit is sitting on a gift card and is not refundable to me. i konw at some point i will probably use it but i'd rather get my money back. so i think i'm done ordering at BB from now on. its not worth the reward points or financing. i think next time i'm going to go through the apple website on the first day you can preorder and if i dont get lucky there, then reserve it like i did for my 2 phones. so i say stay away from best buy if u are really trying to get the phone right away/soon. if you dont mind waiting then BB is a good deal.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
i preordered thru best buy and am not happy. i put the $100 down on 2 iphones (16 & 32) sprint. now i dont know if sprint iphones are so limited that they are just not getting any but i was 2nd on the preorder list for sprint and w a week gone by i havent gotten a call. instead now i've been able to reserve both iphones that i want thru apple and picked up one wednesday and will be picking up my other one today. but the problem with this is that my $100 deposit is sitting on a gift card and is not refundable to me. i konw at some point i will probably use it but i'd rather get my money back. so i think i'm done ordering at BB from now on. its not worth the reward points or financing. i think next time i'm going to go through the apple website on the first day you can preorder and if i dont get lucky there, then reserve it like i did for my 2 phones. so i say stay away from best buy if u are really trying to get the phone right away/soon. if you dont mind waiting then BB is a good deal.

You CAN get your money back for your gift card. I pre-ordered at Best Buy here in Cincinnati and I was the 1st pre-order on the 7th. I got an email last Thursday 10/13 saying my order was received and I called and sat up my appointment. I got up there around 7:30am last Friday 10/14 and the manager came out and said they didn?t receive any iPhone 4S in and he is sorry about the confusion. I left and walked across the street to the At&t store and there was about 10 people in line.. Long story short, I was able to get a 32GB White 4S on At&t. I only waited a total of about an hour and walked out with my new shining 4S. I then went back across the street to Best Buy and they refunded my gift card, and cancelled my pre-order with no problem.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I really like Best Buy for everything but wireless service...I would rather go to the actual verizon store instead.(but a good idea if no carrier store is near you)

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Got an email from best buy that said they cannot ship my 64gb 4s

"Your options may include:
Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
Cancelling your current order
We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay. "

mikeyvt1

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from best buy that said they cannot ship my 64gb 4s

"Your options may include:
Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
Cancelling your current order
We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay. "

I got the same message. It's BS really how they are handling this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW