AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully. But if those of us who ordered like the second pre-orders became available on AT&T don't get it Friday then there is absolutely no point in pre-oredering early. I'll never order again from AT&T if I don't get it Friday. I means its not the end of the world if I don't get it Friday. There e-mail to me guarantees delivery the 14th so we shall see.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad that I don't have to stand in a long line only to possibly not get one anyway, but the preorders should definitely arrive on launch day at the latest

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Called AT&T tonight, I've called 3 times now and everytime they've told me that people at the earliest will receive on the 14th. Not that the are shipping on the 14th... So that keeps me positive.

Just wondering, what are the earliest people received their confirmation orders on the 7th? (eastern standard time only)...? Mine was 4:11 am. Anyone else earlier?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My order confirmation e-mail came at 3:36 am Friday morning and I got another e-mail stating my order had been processed Friday night at 8:15 pm.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I got the order update too. Doesn't seem to mean much. Basically says "you may receive your phone as early as this friday!" Which also means as late as whenever the hell they get around to sending it.

And my order status is still showing as "backordered," which I don't take to be a very good sign.

Oh well.

Ssunbrn

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My status just changed from 1 back-ordered to 0. Based on what ive read on other forums, this has happened for several people. There may still be hope!

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Wow, my order status changed from "backordered" to "processing."

Sure hope this means I'm gonna get the phone friday. Not getting my hopes up, but a man can dream.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully. But if those of us who ordered like the second pre-orders became available on AT&T don't get it Friday then there is absolutely no point in pre-oredering early. I'll never order again from AT&T if I don't get it Friday. I means its not the end of the world if I don't get it Friday. There e-mail to me guarantees delivery the 14th so we shall see.

I don't see why AT&T would not ship it by Friday! They us Fedex next day air so if they ship it on Thursday you'll get it on Friday for sure and I'm sure it will ship tomorrow as when I got my iphone 4 it didn't ship till 3 days before the initial launch and I got it a day early!

Now if it doesn't show processed by Thursday then I am going to be worried but it looks like others with AT&T have NOT received any change in the status. They may have been told by Apple to NOT send them out too early and can start tomorrow.

So keep checking your orders for Wednesday and we shall see how the status changes!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Guys who have a pre-order at&t Iphone4S without tracking. Why not cancel the pre-order and go to the store on launch day the 14th so you can actually get a Iphone4S on the 14th. When the 14th comes the Iphone4S owners posting on here are going to be the ones with the phones and the pre-order guys are gonna be sitting at the computer wishing they had there phones. IMO

epidoc

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
According to the AT&T order status page "Pre-ordered devices will ship on or around Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011." Keeping my fingers crossed.

Update: And now I have a FEDEX tracking # - no tracking updates on the FEDEX webpage as yet.

Last edited:

HeezyBear

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The same exact thing happening with people's AT&T orders right now happened last year. If you ordered early in the day, you'll get your phone on Friday. Stop worrying.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
According to the AT&T order status page
Update: And now I have a FEDEX tracking # - no tracking updates on the FEDEX webpage as yet.

Two questions:

Did AT&T e-mail you this tracking number?

When did you place your order on the 7th, EST?
--------------------------

UPDATE: I've got a tracking number! I have not yet received an e-mail from AT&T, but my order status page list my information.

Interesting enough, it lists my ship date as 10/9/11, although the FEDEX page does not list any information yet for this number... 2 Day air hopefully means I'll be having a meaningful conversation with Siri on Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2