AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched to AT&T because my Sprint service was horrible...and I was not pleased with my Blackberry performance in the long run (although the e-mail will always be spectacular). Prior to that I enjoyed Verizon service, which was stable, but frankly I was excited to switch to AT&T for the possible speeds, and rollover minutes.

burnedpixel

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to add more user data to the list, I placed three separate orders (for three different lines on my family plan) with AT&T's website at about 2:20AM PST on the 7th.

I ordered two 16GB Blacks, and one 16GB White. As of last night all three orders still showed "Backordered" for Shipment Status, however this morning I've noticed that the two orders for the 16GB Blacks are now "Processing" while the 16GB White order still shows as "Backordered". For reference, the white phone was actually the first of the three to be ordered. I hope the White ones aren't going to be a myth again this year...I may be giving AT&T a jingle tomorrow if this doesn't update.

Update: As of this morning, my 16GB white order is now showing as processing as well.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
My order still has NOT shipped they took the money out of my account then added it back as a place holder and I am hoping it processes today or tomorrow.

I know AT&T uses Fedex for their shipping so if they ship it on Wednesday it will arrive by Friday

<-Steven->

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i Bought my iPhone 4 for so much off contract im probablly gonna wait till iPhone 4 stock finishes and get my iPhone replaced from apple !! New iPhone 4S :D

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
i Bought my iPhone 4 for so much off contract im probablly gonna wait till iPhone 4 stock finishes and get my iPhone replaced from apple !! New iPhone 4S :D

That's not gonna happen my friend. You see how they still have so many 3GS phones around that they're free with a 2-year contract now on AT&T? Well that's gonna be the iPhone 4 in a year. Free. With plenty more to go around. You'll just get another iPhone 4. The only path to a 4S is cash.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

LOL, do you know how many people have tried and failed at this with past iPhone models? A Lot! There are going to be so many iPhone 4 refurbs in Apples stock that you'll just keep getting one of them. ;)

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I got that email but my order hasn't changed it just shows quantity as 1 and no tracking information I received 3 emails indicating my order was being processed.

I am sure by tomorrow they will update the information!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I knew AT&T was going to take this long to ship the iPhone 4S out, I would have ordered through Apple. Friend of mine ordered from Apple and just texted me saying his iPhone 4S is be delivered tomorrow..... Lesson learned, I won't order from AT&T next year.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If I knew AT&T was going to take this long to ship the iPhone 4S out, I would have ordered through Apple. Friend of mine ordered from Apple and just texted me saying his iPhone 4S is be delivered tomorrow..... Lesson learned, I won't order from AT&T next year.

Same here but our phones could still come Friday. I tried to order from Apple that night and it was nearly impossible. It was taking 5 minutes to go to the next page and then it kept failing. It also wouldn't let me put in a credit card number. It said my security number on 3 of my cards was invalid when clearly it was not.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I got my iphone 4 from AT&T 3 days early so I'm sure if Apple is shipping their orders then AT&T can ship theirs now so I bet they will start shipping tomorrow and with next day fedex they will arrive on Thursday and for sure Friday!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here but our phones could still come Friday. I tried to order from Apple that night and it was nearly impossible. It was taking 5 minutes to go to the next page and then it kept failing. It also wouldn't let me put in a credit card number. It said my security number on 3 of my cards was invalid when clearly it was not.

I hope so, Matt. But if we don't at least get a tracking number by tomorrow I'd say our chances will be very slim. I also tried ordering through Apple, but fell asleep at my keyboard waiting, so by the time I woke up, I figured I would just go to AT&T since I was going to the Mall anyway, and they shipped out my iPhone 4 early last year.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I hope so, Matt. But if we don't at least get a tracking number by tomorrow I'd say our chances will be very slim. I also tried ordering through Apple, but fell asleep at my keyboard waiting, so by the time I woke up, I figured I would just go to AT&T since I was going to the Mall anyway, and they shipped out my iPhone 4 early last year.

Hopefully. But if those of us who ordered like the second pre-orders became available on AT&T don't get it Friday then there is absolutely no point in pre-oredering early. I'll never order again from AT&T if I don't get it Friday. I means its not the end of the world if I don't get it Friday. There e-mail to me guarantees delivery the 14th so we shall see.

Reactions: hpcomputergeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR