AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am still back ordered. No activity today from AT&T.

This will make you feel better. My friend who also ordered the same time as I did, is still showing his 4S as backordered as well. He upgraded, and I joined AT&T as a new customer so I don't know if there is any difference to as how the orders are processed. My order did nothing today. For a delivery date of Friday, orders need to go out the latest by Wednesday or Thursday if AT&T is gonna overnight them.

If a tracking number doesn't get e-mailed to you by Wednesday night or Thursday morning then ITS PROBABLY NOT coming Friday. If mine doesn't come Friday then so be it. Yeah its gonna suck but I'm sure I'll have it early next week.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If a tracking number doesn't get e-mailed to you by Wednesday night or Thursday morning then ITS PROBABLY NOT coming Friday. If mine doesn't come Friday then so be it. Yeah its gonna suck but I'm sure I'll have it early next week.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. The email doesn't mean anything. As I said before in this thread, many people didn't receive any email at all who ordered from AT&T last year and they still received their iPhone 4 the day before the launch date. An email is only a confirmation of the order, but isn't a requirement in order for the order that was placed to ship out. Once again, orders can still be tracked through AT&T's Order Status page and will be processed just as quickly for those that don't receive an email as those who did.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but this is incorrect. The email doesn't mean anything. As I said before in this thread, many people didn't receive any email at all who ordered from AT&T last year and they still received their iPhone 4 the day before the launch date. An email is only a confirmation of the order, but isn't a requirement in order for the order that was placed to ship out. Once again, orders can still be tracked through AT&T's Order Status page and will be processed just as quickly for those that don't receive an email as those who did.

Ok then I will rephrase what I said. If a tracking number isn't visible in AT&T's order status page by Thursday the latest it's probably not coming Friday. This is gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok then I will rephrase what I said. If a tracking number isn't visible in AT&T's order status page by Thursday the latest it's probably not coming Friday. This is gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I agree with this. So far the status on mine is still backordered, so if I don't see that change to shipped with a tracking number by Wednesday, I probably won't receive it on Friday.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
The AT&T order status page is bull**** this time around. Or at least it has been. My email said that the processing was done on Saturday. The order status page says that it's still processing. It's been behind my emails from the beginning. Don't know if it's the same for everyone but that's been my experience so far.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. So far the status on mine is still backordered, so if I don't see that change to shipped with a tracking number by Wednesday, I probably won't receive it on Friday.

I definitely with you on the e-mails. AT&T sent me 2 Friday night stating that my order was "confirmed" and another Saturday indicating it was being "processed." The e-mails don't mean squat. I'm going by what the order status page says. Hopefully a tracking number will be visible on there before/if I get an e-mail with tracking info.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully a tracking number will be visible on there before/if I get an e-mail with tracking info.

Funny thing is, this is what happened to me with last years iPhone 4 order. I received an initial confirmation email from AT&T, and then never received another one till it was almost at the store where I ordered it from. It didn't matter anyway as I was tracking it all along from the order Status page.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is, this is what happened to me with last years iPhone 4 order. I received an initial confirmation email from AT&T, and then never received another one till it was almost at the store where I ordered it from. It didn't matter anyway as I was tracking it all along from the order Status page.

Yeah I think every single order is processed differently. As I mentioned above, my friend and I ordered exactly at the same time and his shows as backordered when mine moved out of being backordered yesterday morning. Go figure?

I know if I don't get it Friday, I'll have it next week which is fine. That beats waiting 1-2 weeks for delivery if you order now if that's even still possible. Since the demand for this phone is so high, I'm assuming after launch shipping times will be listed as 2-3 weeks, possibly 3-4 weeks on Apple's site.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
From DWill05 from the AT&T Forums, which I thought was well explained:

Orders placed through Apple are tracked differently than orders placed through AT&T. Apple ships to individuals directly from China, so your FedEx tracking information goes all the way from Hong Kong, to the US West coast, where it goes through Customs, and then gets sent on the domestic portion of the trip. Orders placed through AT&T come from their main warehouse (which I think is in Texas) and that's where the tracking starts. The phones may have gotten to the warehouse a day or so earlier from China, but you don't see that part on tracking. With AT&T, all you see is the shorter, domestic part of the journey from AT&T to you.

That's why people who got their phones through Apple are getting tracking info before those who ordered through AT&T. Don't worry that people who ordered through Apple are going to get their phones first. They're not. Even if they arrive in the US from HK tonight, I think people will find them "awaiting customs clearance" just long enough to ensure they don't arrive before Apple wants them to. Apple may split them up some half arrive Thursday and the other half arrive Friday like they did with the iPhone 4, but that will hold true whether you order from AT&T or Apple. At least that's what I remember from past experiences.

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
The worst part of getting so many new phones over the years is how long I'm stuck to AT&T! Id gladly skip over to Verizon. Can't wait for the unboxing videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox