AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd add that my order hasn't changed. Not showing as backordered but nothing different from yesterday. Been reading on MacRumors a few people who ordered from AT&T received a tracking number from FedEx today.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Backordered as well. They messed up my original order (placed at 3 am on the 7th) and I couldn't get a new one in until 1pm the next afternoon. This being the case, I have a bad feeling that I won't be seeing my phone for a long, long time. Frowny face. :(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you received any emails from AT&T yet? That will give you much information than the AT&T page.

I disagree. There are a lot of customers last year that ordered from AT&T who never received a confirmation email, but yet they tracked their order via AT&T's order status page and still received their iPhone 4 the day before the store launch date. I can see my order is in progress from the order page even though I have yet to receive a email from AT&T.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. There are a lot of customers last year that ordered from AT&T who never received a confirmation email, but yet they tracked their order via AT&T's order status page and still received their iPhone 4 the day before the store launch date. I can see my order is in progress from the order page even though I have yet to receive a email from AT&T.

U still back ordered?

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered within 5 minutes of when AT&T went live, just called to check my order status. After being forwarded around a few times, the lady told me that orders were shipping on the 14th, not before. I was obviously disappointed to hear this, but am feeling like she didn't quite have it all together. But like everyone else, haven't seen anything about any tracking numbers...so hoping that she was wrong and some additional info here soon...I mean, I was within the first 10 minutes...so hopefully like others have said, I was surely within the right timeline for an end of the week delivery.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I just talked to a girl from AT&T on the phone and she was clueless. At first she said that AT&T orders were shipping on the 14th and then she wasn't sure and then she really didn't know. I think I'll just plan for then worst and not even look for it on Friday! That's gonna be hard to manage though!

Last edited:

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a girl from AT&T on the phone and she was clueless. At first she said that AT&T orders were shipping on the 14th and then she wasn't sure and then she really didn't know. I think I'll just plan for then worst and not even look for it on Friday! That's gonna be hard tommanage though!

Well, we have no choice. We only can wait for our orders to arrive.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Calling AT&T seems to be rather pointless. In addition to taking an hour to get an actual human on the phone, they can't give you any information that you couldn't get from the AT&T website. Basically the info seems to be that you'll get your phone when you get your phone. They will try and get it to you by the 14th, but if they don't- just wait until it shows up. I asked the lady at AT&T if that meant I could be waiting several months and all she could say is "you will get a confirmation email when it ships." Thanks AT&T lady. Thanks a lot.

Ssunbrn

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, do all "Equipment Order Numbers" start with EXTP? This is one of several numbers listed in the "Your recent ATT order status" email that I received from ATT.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through premier too. Mine says processing, bit no shipping number. The status says backordered.

I ordered at 5:30 am central time, but I'm afraid mine won't make it by friday:(

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to AT&T...great news!

They said that they are expecting to receive the phones from Apple tomorrow, expecting shipment on Wednesday. She said I would receive a tracking number on the 12th or 13th and will be getting my phone on the 14th. She was very detailed and said she made sure I had the right information.

She did tell me that my early ordering was a big help to ensuring I will get the phone on launch day. So if you ordered early AT&Ters, don't fret yet...sounds like good news in the next day or two.

Reactions: zee921

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Excellent news!!! I really hope that she knew what she was talking about! I ordered within the first 30-40 minutes of AT&T's site opening for business with iPhone 4S orders so.. We will see.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to AT&T...great news!

They said that they are expecting to receive the phones from Apple tomorrow, expecting shipment on Wednesday. She said I would receive a tracking number on the 12th or 13th and will be getting my phone on the 14th. She was very detailed and said she made sure I had the right information.

She did tell me that my early ordering was a big help to ensuring I will get the phone on launch day. So if you ordered early AT&Ters, don't fret yet...sounds like good news in the next day or two.

Thanks for the info - I'm chomping at the bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro