AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
We ordered through AT&T (Premiere) on Friday morning at 5:06 & 5:08 (based on confirmation emails). On Saturday morning, my wife's line showed as processing, however my order didn't even show - as a matter of fact, my phone still said it was upgradeable! I called and they said that orders placed through Premiere did not get processed until Friday night, in effect making our orders look like they were placed after the 4pm magic time. The AT&T person would not tell us that the actual order time would be used and while discussing it, my upgrade status magically changed supposedly without her changing anything. Anyway, after a long conversation, I still wasn't pleased, but agreed to wait until they systems all caught up with each other.

Later in the day, my wife decided to call AT&T herself because she kept reading about all these other people ordering through the regular AT&T site after us and they already had a "ready to be shipped" type of status. She finally threatened them and moments later a manager called her back...and after 3 calls from them they finally told us there were two phones in our name waiting to be shipped. My order status now says "In Progress" and the Tracking Number says "Pending Shipment."

Just thought I'd share our little saga...our next problem will be the shipment delivery date...we're going out of town on Friday and I'll only be home until 11am! Grrrr!

Wow! Can you see if your wife can throw some of that muscle around on my order?! LOL! Good for you!

ILiveOnWacker

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 2 16gb 4s's on Friday morning at about 4:00 AM central through AT&T (and I have a premier account).

Right after my order, I received a confirmation email stating that expected delivery was 10/14. Until this morning, my AT&T status page showed backordered. It now shows processing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My order is still backordered. :(

I guess I'm not the only one with a backordered order. Guess me and you have to wait 2-3 weeks now for our iPhones to arrive.

I don't think we'll be waiting that long.... At least I hope not, lol! :eek: From what I was told by the customer service rep that I spoke to this morning, those of us that are on backordered status could still have our 4S in hand by either this Friday or Monday. I've seen a few posts on the AT&T customer forums that some customers actually had their order status change to cancelled over the weekend, so at least this hasn't happened in our case.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I woke up to another email from AT&T saying the exact same thing. Order already processed. Can't cancel or change it now. Sitting in a warehouse awaiting the preorder shipment date. Under the tracking number it says "pending shipment". So... Now we wait.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The email I got from ATT said my phone will be delivered by 14th, its only the 10th. I would guess with in the next day or two we should (I hope) a change to shipping!!

KC

ILiveOnWacker

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 2 16gb 4s's on Friday morning at about 4:00 AM central through AT&T (and I have a premier account).

Right after my order, I received a confirmation email stating that expected delivery was 10/14. Until this morning, my AT&T status page showed backordered. It now shows processing.

My order has now been changed to pending shipment.

burnedpixel

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to add more user data to the list, I placed three separate orders (for three different lines on my family plan) with AT&T's website at about 2:20AM PST on the 7th.

I ordered two 16GB Blacks, and one 16GB White. As of last night all three orders still showed "Backordered" for Shipment Status, however this morning I've noticed that the two orders for the 16GB Blacks are now "Processing" while the 16GB White order still shows as "Backordered". For reference, the white phone was actually the first of the three to be ordered. I hope the White ones aren't going to be a myth again this year...I may be giving AT&T a jingle tomorrow if this doesn't update.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Apple has got AT&T by the "tenders" on this launch! They won't even give our iPhones to UPS or FedEX before the specified preorder shipment date! I wonder what that preorder shipment date is exactly!

SkiPPy087

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Been hearing this as well that it seems like the majority of the white iPhones are the ones still at backordered status. I have two 16GB White iPhones I ordered 2 hrs after pre orders began and they are still at backordered status.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Just to add more user data to the list, I placed three separate orders (for three different lines on my family plan) with AT&T's website at about 2:20AM PST on the 7th.

I ordered two 16GB Blacks, and one 16GB White. As of last night all three orders still showed "Backordered" for Shipment Status, however this morning I've noticed that the two orders for the 16GB Blacks are now "Processing" while the 16GB White order still shows as "Backordered". For reference, the white phone was actually the first of the three to be ordered. I hope the White ones aren't going to be a myth again this year...I may be giving AT&T a jingle tomorrow if this doesn't update.

After the white iPhone 4's shipped I think its pretty safe to say that the entire process of making white apple products is pretty much perfected. I wouldn't worry about the white IP4S being a myth. Good luck with your orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice