AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
My status has now changed from Backordered to Processing. But as I said before I already got an email that said that it had already been processed. I guess their easing their way into changing it over to shipped.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My order says that it is in process and back ordered under qty ordered.
Screenshot of my order status.
4bfef326-cee3-6fd9.jpg

Last edited:

dmstrom

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I got totally screwed. I ordered on the 7th, got a confirmation email and everything, but it never showed up in the system. I finally called, and they said it never got processed. 21-28 day wait! Sucks!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just called AT&T and they said orders placed on October 7th might get delayed by 2-3 weeks.

I believe it. Considering they had 200,000 pre-orders. Maybe those who ordered later that morning will be delayed. I got mine in at 3:30 a.m CST. I read that many people who ordered later that day have their orders showing 14-21 days for delivery. Mine says delivers on the 14th. First come, first serve basis.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe it. Considering they had 200,000 pre-orders. Maybe those who ordered later that morning will be delayed. I got mine in at 3:30 a.m CST. I read that many people who ordered later that day have their orders showing 14-21 days for delivery. Mine says delivers on the 14th. First come, first serve basis.

Dang it. But the advantage is that we should get our ordered first for those who are buying on the 14th online. I bet it will take a month for your order to ship if you ordered on the 14th online.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Dang it. But the advantage is that we should get our ordered first for those who are buying on the 14th online. I bet it will take a month for your order to ship if you ordered on the 14th online.

Perhaps but I would never wait in a line for an iPhone just to have it on launch day. You'd have to be there probably 2 days before. Just ridiculous. Best of luck to everyone that ordered Friday morning.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine has made the change as well...of course I was pre-ordered at 4:10 AM, on the 7th, about 10 minutes after AT&T opened for orders.

I guess if you wanted it, you needed to be up plenty early...glad I made the effort.

Yep. I was originally trying to get my order in with Apple.com but that didn't go over so well. I got mine in like the second AT&T went live. Which is exactly why its a first come, first serve basis. Those who ordered hours later might be subject to the 14-21 day delivery. I hope not but AT&T reported having 200,000 pre-orders.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not a new customer. I've been with AT&T since 2006 or 2007. And I placed my order at 12:00 PM Central Time.

Oh well then that's probably why your is still showing up as backordered. Don't sweat it because its not over until after the 14th lol. But this what I wanted to avoid and why I stayed up all night. I knew if I ordered Friday later in the day, I might be subject to delays. Did you get an e-mail saying it was guranteed to deliver on the 14th?

EDIT: My friend has had AT&T for a long time and said they love to play favorites based on credit rating, bill payed on time, number of calls you make to their CS.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh well then that's probably why your is still showing up as backordered. Don't sweat it because its not over until after the 14th lol. But this what I wanted to avoid and why I stayed up all night. I knew if I ordered Friday later in the day, I might be subject to delays. Did you get an e-mail saying it was guranteed to deliver on the 14th?

EDIT: My friend has had AT&T for a long time and said they love to play favorites based on credit rating, bill payed on time, number of calls you make to their CS.

I'll check. My dad ordered it for himself. Trying to get some good advice.

Edit: No delivery guaranteed on Oct. 14. I'm still getting pretty worried here....

Last edited:

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll check. My dad ordered it for himself. Trying to get some good advice.

Today is Sunday so I'm assuming the majority of everyone's orders aren't gonna do much today. I'd expect to see A LOT more orders move forward tomorrow. Just report back here sometime tomorrow and let us know your status. I will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen