Just to add more user data to the list, I placed three separate orders (for three different lines on my family plan) with AT&T's website at about 2:20AM PST on the 7th.

I ordered two 16GB Blacks, and one 16GB White. As of last night all three orders still showed "Backordered" for Shipment Status, however this morning I've noticed that the two orders for the 16GB Blacks are now "Processing" while the 16GB White order still shows as "Backordered". For reference, the white phone was actually the first of the three to be ordered. I hope the White ones aren't going to be a myth again this year...I may be giving AT&T a jingle tomorrow if this doesn't update.
    10-10-2011 02:15 PM
    Apple has got AT&T by the "tenders" on this launch! They won't even give our iPhones to UPS or FedEX before the specified preorder shipment date! I wonder what that preorder shipment date is exactly!
    10-10-2011 02:18 PM
    Been hearing this as well that it seems like the majority of the white iPhones are the ones still at backordered status. I have two 16GB White iPhones I ordered 2 hrs after pre orders began and they are still at backordered status.
    10-10-2011 02:19 PM
    Just to add more user data to the list, I placed three separate orders (for three different lines on my family plan) with AT&T's website at about 2:20AM PST on the 7th.

I ordered two 16GB Blacks, and one 16GB White. As of last night all three orders still showed "Backordered" for Shipment Status, however this morning I've noticed that the two orders for the 16GB Blacks are now "Processing" while the 16GB White order still shows as "Backordered". For reference, the white phone was actually the first of the three to be ordered. I hope the White ones aren't going to be a myth again this year...I may be giving AT&T a jingle tomorrow if this doesn't update.
    After the white iPhone 4's shipped I think its pretty safe to say that the entire process of making white apple products is pretty much perfected. I wouldn't worry about the white IP4S being a myth. Good luck with your orders!
    10-10-2011 02:22 PM
    I'm still backordered. U think my order went through?
    10-10-2011 02:27 PM
    I'm still backordered. U think my order went through?
    Have you received any emails from AT&T yet? That will give you much information than the AT&T page.
    10-10-2011 02:35 PM
    Just thought I'd add that my order hasn't changed. Not showing as backordered but nothing different from yesterday. Been reading on MacRumors a few people who ordered from AT&T received a tracking number from FedEx today.
    10-10-2011 02:39 PM
    Wow! I'm still waiting for my tracking number! How late did they order?
    10-10-2011 03:23 PM
    Backordered as well. They messed up my original order (placed at 3 am on the 7th) and I couldn't get a new one in until 1pm the next afternoon. This being the case, I have a bad feeling that I won't be seeing my phone for a long, long time. Frowny face.
    10-10-2011 04:00 PM
    Have you received any emails from AT&T yet? That will give you much information than the AT&T page.
    I disagree. There are a lot of customers last year that ordered from AT&T who never received a confirmation email, but yet they tracked their order via AT&T's order status page and still received their iPhone 4 the day before the store launch date. I can see my order is in progress from the order page even though I have yet to receive a email from AT&T.
    10-10-2011 04:08 PM
    No email yet.
    10-10-2011 04:14 PM
    Still back ordered. I kinda now hate AT&T
    10-10-2011 04:14 PM
    I disagree. There are a lot of customers last year that ordered from AT&T who never received a confirmation email, but yet they tracked their order via AT&T's order status page and still received their iPhone 4 the day before the store launch date. I can see my order is in progress from the order page even though I have yet to receive a email from AT&T.
    U still back ordered?
    10-10-2011 04:15 PM
    I ordered within 5 minutes of when AT&T went live, just called to check my order status. After being forwarded around a few times, the lady told me that orders were shipping on the 14th, not before. I was obviously disappointed to hear this, but am feeling like she didn't quite have it all together. But like everyone else, haven't seen anything about any tracking numbers...so hoping that she was wrong and some additional info here soon...I mean, I was within the first 10 minutes...so hopefully like others have said, I was surely within the right timeline for an end of the week delivery.
    10-10-2011 04:17 PM
    Still back ordered. I kinda now hate AT&T
    U still back ordered?
    Yup, but I don't hate them, though. I still think we'll get ours by Friday.
    10-10-2011 04:22 PM
    I just talked to a girl from AT&T on the phone and she was clueless. At first she said that AT&T orders were shipping on the 14th and then she wasn't sure and then she really didn't know. I think I'll just plan for then worst and not even look for it on Friday! That's gonna be hard to manage though!
    Last edited by robes1; 10-10-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    10-10-2011 04:27 PM
    I just talked to a girl from AT&T on the phone and she was clueless. At first she said that AT&T orders were shipping on the 14th and then she wasn't sure and then she really didn't know. I think I'll just plan for then worst and not even look for it on Friday! That's gonna be hard tommanage though!
    Well, we have no choice. We only can wait for our orders to arrive.
    10-10-2011 04:57 PM
    Calling AT&T seems to be rather pointless. In addition to taking an hour to get an actual human on the phone, they can't give you any information that you couldn't get from the AT&T website. Basically the info seems to be that you'll get your phone when you get your phone. They will try and get it to you by the 14th, but if they don't- just wait until it shows up. I asked the lady at AT&T if that meant I could be waiting several months and all she could say is "you will get a confirmation email when it ships." Thanks AT&T lady. Thanks a lot.
    10-10-2011 05:04 PM
    I'm curious, do all "Equipment Order Numbers" start with EXTP? This is one of several numbers listed in the "Your recent ATT order status" email that I received from ATT.
    10-10-2011 05:29 PM
    My number doesn't have any letters in it.
    10-10-2011 05:41 PM
    We ordered through AT&T (Premiere) ... My order status now says "In Progress" and the Tracking Number says "Pending Shipment."
    Same here. I ordered through my firm's premier portal and my order has the same legend: "In progress."
    10-10-2011 05:46 PM
    Ordered through premier too. Mine says processing, bit no shipping number. The status says backordered.

I ordered at 5:30 am central time, but I'm afraid mine won't make it by friday
    10-10-2011 06:12 PM
    Just talked to AT&T...great news!

They said that they are expecting to receive the phones from Apple tomorrow, expecting shipment on Wednesday. She said I would receive a tracking number on the 12th or 13th and will be getting my phone on the 14th. She was very detailed and said she made sure I had the right information.

She did tell me that my early ordering was a big help to ensuring I will get the phone on launch day. So if you ordered early AT&Ters, don't fret yet...sounds like good news in the next day or two.
    zee921 likes this.
    10-10-2011 07:21 PM
    Excellent news!!! I really hope that she knew what she was talking about! I ordered within the first 30-40 minutes of AT&T's site opening for business with iPhone 4S orders so.. We will see.
    10-10-2011 08:05 PM
    Just talked to AT&T...great news!

They said that they are expecting to receive the phones from Apple tomorrow, expecting shipment on Wednesday. She said I would receive a tracking number on the 12th or 13th and will be getting my phone on the 14th. She was very detailed and said she made sure I had the right information.

She did tell me that my early ordering was a big help to ensuring I will get the phone on launch day. So if you ordered early AT&Ters, don't fret yet...sounds like good news in the next day or two.
    Thanks for the info - I'm chomping at the bit!
    10-10-2011 08:21 PM
209 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD