AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I got a confirmation email at 4:40 am. My status has been changed to Backordered and I'm seriously not cool with that! Any ideas on how long this could last? Anybody been on backorder before? If so, how long did it take for you to finally get it?

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
My bad! I called and checked my order number with AT&T and found out that it says backorder because it's sitting in a warehouse waiting on the ok from Apple to be shipped and that I'll get a tracking number the moment it's shipped. So...I guess I'm good.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My bad! I called and checked my order number with AT&T and found out that it says backorder because it's sitting in a warehouse waiting on the ok from Apple to be shipped and that I'll get a tracking number the moment it's shipped. So...I guess I'm good.

That's good to hear. Yeah Apple's not going to let anyone's iPhone get shipped until about the 10th, and it will arrive on the 14th :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened last year when I ordered my iPhone 4 through AT&T and it still arrived the day before it launched in the stores. :)

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
ATT went live at about 4, I was ordered by 4.05. Mine said back ordered from the very beginning...I had faith that the system was not that screwed up. Glad to know your talk confirmed the same thing.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine got Backordered also! I ordered around 12:00 PM Central Time over the phone. And at first it wasn't Backordered and now,it is. I knew AT&T's database is screwed up.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my phone at 530am EST This is what was on my email they sent with in few mins. "Your order contains items that are not yet available for shipping. When the pre-ordered items are available, we'll ship all items in your order at the same time."

KC

PS just ordered my wife's white 16gig phone and ATT said 14 to 21 day for delivery.

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I just got another email from AT&T saying that my order has been processed and that is is at the warehouse awaiting the shipping date. Just more confirmation that Apple is making them hold it for a few days. I feel a lot better! I almost called them yesterday to cancel the order so that I could stand in line for 12 hours! LOL! That would have been a huge mistake! I knew that they didn't go live til 4am with their website preorders and I got min within the first order so I guess I was one of the lucky ones! I hope that you all are just as lucky! Keep me posted on the progress of your orders! I know that we are all anxious like kids on Christmas! I really wanted to get my hands on the last iPhone that Steve Jobs saw introduced to the world. I guess I'm just a softy! LOL!

SkiPPy087

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Starting to get nervous again. ATT better not screw everyone who pre ordered. I wanted to go through Apple but they would not recognize that i was trying to upgrade not sign up for new service.

ATT should just change the backordered status to 10/14 delivery date. Would save them a lot of angry callers between now and then. lol.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just checked and my AT&T in the store order shows backordered as well. I'd rather see this than the word "cancelled", though, lol. :D

As I said above, same thing happened last year and I still got my iPhone 4 one day ahead of the launch date, so people should try not to worry or get upset over this. :)

4705716e-8947-483f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Is that for everyone who is Backordered?

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think that backordered is just their way of saying that their holding it until they can ship it. But if you didn't order in the first few hours I'm not sure if it would still apply.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
4bfe3705-b250-ffb2.jpg
Just checked and my AT&T in the store order shows backordered as well. I'd rather see this than the word "cancelled", though, lol. :D

As I said above, same thing happened last year and I still got my iPhone 4 one day ahead of the launch date, so people should try not to worry or get upset over this. :)

4705716e-8947-483f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I got the same thing as u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods