The information in the emails seems to be a bit ahead of what's on the order status screen. When I got the first email saying that it was processing my status on the the order status screen still said Backordered. Then the second email came saying that it was already processed and the order status screen was just showing processing. So check your emails. The order status screen is BS to me at this point.
    10-09-2011 06:07 PM
    The information in the emails seems to be a bit ahead of what's on the order status screen. When I got the first email saying that it was processing my status on the the order status screen still said Backordered. Then the second email came saying that it was already processed and the order status screen was just showing processing. So check your emails. The order status screen is BS to me at this point.
    I second this.
    10-09-2011 06:17 PM
    Hey guys, I need your opinion. On AT&T, I ordered a black 32 gig, and a white 64 gig at around 4:42 am est and then at 4:48 am. I looked on my order status for both, and it shows for both of them as "processing". So am I pretty much guaranteed my phones to come this friday if not sooner? Or has anyone gone farther in the ordering process?
    10-09-2011 08:38 PM
    Yep! I think that you're good! But check your emails! As I've said before I trust those over what that status order screen says.
    10-09-2011 08:53 PM
    I'm not at a good point right now. Still backordered
    10-09-2011 08:56 PM
    I'm not at a good point right now. Still backordered
    Don't sweat it. Its going to consume you if you do. You could still very easily get it Friday. No point in dwelling on it now 5 days before the expected delivery. If you don't get it Friday, you take it from there. However, I know its extremely hard not to sweat it when everyone is posting an updated status on their orders. I agree with what that other guy said, go by the e-mails, not what AT&T has on their order status page.

Mine could very well be delayed. Just because it doesn't say "backordered" anymore really doesn't mean anything if you think about it. No one is out of the woods until you have a tracking number.
    10-09-2011 09:10 PM
    Don't sweat it. Its going to consume you if you do. You could still very easily get it Friday. No point in dwelling on it now 5 days before the expected delivery. If you don't get it Friday, you take it from there. However, I know its extremely hard not to sweat it when everyone is posting an updated status on their orders. I agree with what that other guy said, go by the e-mails, not what AT&T has on their order status page.

Mine could very well be delayed. Just because it doesn't say "backordered" anymore really doesn't mean anything if you think about it. No one is out of the woods until you have a tracking number.
    Exactly!!! And I'm holding my breath waiting for that tracking number right now!!! Because I know that everything else is useless without it!
    10-09-2011 09:28 PM
    I've been reading this thread for the past day and I figured I would share my experience. I ordered my phone by calling ATT at approx 10 AM EST on 7 oct. My ordering status page still shows back-ordered and I received an email indicating shipment would occur between 14-21 days. From what I have read on other boards, it would appear that most people who ordered online before 4 pm are getting shipping details. I have also read that customers with a FAN/priemer account (I.e. Discounted service) who called in to upgrade are more likely to be waiting in the 14-21 day queue. Please note that this info was obtained by reading various posts and I did not get the info direct from ATT. I recommend you take it with a grain of salt.

I would be interested in learning what other people are experiencing with regards to what means they used to order the phone (online or over phone), what time they ordered, and their current order status. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ssunbrn; 10-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    10-09-2011 10:05 PM
    AT&T's site started taking orders around 4am Eastern time and I had my first confirmation email by 4:45. Not sure where you guys are or what time it was in your areas then. Either way I tried for 1.5 hours on Apple's site starting at 3:00 am Eastern and finally gave up and went with AT&T which I had been refreshing constantly in a separate browser. They never seem to be prepared for these launches.
    10-09-2011 10:21 PM
    We ordered through AT&T (Premiere) on Friday morning at 5:06 & 5:08 (based on confirmation emails). On Saturday morning, my wife's line showed as processing, however my order didn't even show - as a matter of fact, my phone still said it was upgradeable! I called and they said that orders placed through Premiere did not get processed until Friday night, in effect making our orders look like they were placed after the 4pm magic time. The AT&T person would not tell us that the actual order time would be used and while discussing it, my upgrade status magically changed supposedly without her changing anything. Anyway, after a long conversation, I still wasn't pleased, but agreed to wait until they systems all caught up with each other.

Later in the day, my wife decided to call AT&T herself because she kept reading about all these other people ordering through the regular AT&T site after us and they already had a "ready to be shipped" type of status. She finally threatened them and moments later a manager called her back...and after 3 calls from them they finally told us there were two phones in our name waiting to be shipped. My order status now says "In Progress" and the Tracking Number says "Pending Shipment."

Just thought I'd share our little saga...our next problem will be the shipment delivery date...we're going out of town on Friday and I'll only be home until 11am! Grrrr!
    10-09-2011 11:22 PM
    We ordered through AT&T (Premiere) on Friday morning at 5:06 & 5:08 (based on confirmation emails). On Saturday morning, my wife's line showed as processing, however my order didn't even show - as a matter of fact, my phone still said it was upgradeable! I called and they said that orders placed through Premiere did not get processed until Friday night, in effect making our orders look like they were placed after the 4pm magic time. The AT&T person would not tell us that the actual order time would be used and while discussing it, my upgrade status magically changed supposedly without her changing anything. Anyway, after a long conversation, I still wasn't pleased, but agreed to wait until they systems all caught up with each other.

Later in the day, my wife decided to call AT&T herself because she kept reading about all these other people ordering through the regular AT&T site after us and they already had a "ready to be shipped" type of status. She finally threatened them and moments later a manager called her back...and after 3 calls from them they finally told us there were two phones in our name waiting to be shipped. My order status now says "In Progress" and the Tracking Number says "Pending Shipment."

Just thought I'd share our little saga...our next problem will be the shipment delivery date...we're going out of town on Friday and I'll only be home until 11am! Grrrr!
    Wow! Can you see if your wife can throw some of that muscle around on my order?! LOL! Good for you!
    10-09-2011 11:43 PM
    My order is still backordered.
    10-10-2011 07:57 AM
    As is mine.
    10-10-2011 09:03 AM
    As is mine.
    When did u order?
    10-10-2011 09:19 AM
    I ordered 2 16gb 4s's on Friday morning at about 4:00 AM central through AT&T (and I have a premier account).

Right after my order, I received a confirmation email stating that expected delivery was 10/14. Until this morning, my AT&T status page showed backordered. It now shows processing.
    10-10-2011 10:20 AM
    As is mine.
    Same here, guys.
    10-10-2011 10:30 AM
    Same here, guys.
    I guess I'm not the only one with a backordered order. Guess me and you have to wait 2-3 weeks now for our iPhones to arrive.
    10-10-2011 11:00 AM
    I guess I'm not the only one with a backordered order. Guess me and you have to wait 2-3 weeks now for our iPhones to arrive.
    I don't think we'll be waiting that long.... At least I hope not, lol! :o From what I was told by the customer service rep that I spoke to this morning, those of us that are on backordered status could still have our 4S in hand by either this Friday or Monday. I've seen a few posts on the AT&T customer forums that some customers actually had their order status change to cancelled over the weekend, so at least this hasn't happened in our case.
    10-10-2011 11:05 AM
    When did u order?
    My order went though at 430am (central time) so it was only about 2 and a half hours into the pre orders. Well before the shipping status was changed to 1 to 2 weeks.

Still hoping though.,
    10-10-2011 11:20 AM
    My order went though at 430am (central time) so it was only about 2 and a half hours into the pre orders. Well before the shipping status was changed to 1 to 2 weeks.

Still hoping though.,
    on hold with AT&T right now. But I'm still backordered
    10-10-2011 11:57 AM
    I woke up to another email from AT&T saying the exact same thing. Order already processed. Can't cancel or change it now. Sitting in a warehouse awaiting the preorder shipment date. Under the tracking number it says "pending shipment". So... Now we wait.
    10-10-2011 01:56 PM
    Just wondering, does anyone know if this is a holiday for AT&T? That could cause a lot of movement tomorrow if its the case....
    10-10-2011 01:56 PM
    Just wondering, does anyone know if this is a holiday for AT&T? That could cause a lot of movement tomorrow if its the case....
    I don't think AT&T observes columbus day as a holiday in which processes would be slowed/stopped...hell, FedEx and UPS are still running today like normal.
    10-10-2011 01:59 PM
    The email I got from ATT said my phone will be delivered by 14th, its only the 10th. I would guess with in the next day or two we should (I hope) a change to shipping!!

KC
    10-10-2011 02:02 PM
    I ordered 2 16gb 4s's on Friday morning at about 4:00 AM central through AT&T (and I have a premier account).

Right after my order, I received a confirmation email stating that expected delivery was 10/14. Until this morning, my AT&T status page showed backordered. It now shows processing.
    My order has now been changed to pending shipment.
    10-10-2011 02:11 PM
209 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD