AT&T Backordered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Today is Sunday so I'm assuming the majority of everyone's orders aren't gonna do much today. I'd expect to see A LOT more orders move forward tomorrow. Just report back here sometime tomorrow and let us know your status. I will do the same.

Well, I just hope mine will be not back ordered. Still worried

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
This is the email that I got yesterday from AT&T:

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations? fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time.

We?ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...s%26source%3DIAWS00Z290000000u&token=fBJxBlGq. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations? fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

We?ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...s%26source%3DIAWS00Z290000000u&token=itt3GZfU. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T

Lucky dog..

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Lol!

Don't worry! They'll get to you as well! Like someone else said you won't see any activity today since it's Sunday so if yours moved late last night then you won't know until tomorrow some time. I just said a little prayer for you! :)

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to change anyone's previous advice, as I am new to this. But my order moved from this morning before church, I checked this afternoon and it had gone forward.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

We?ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...s%26source%3DIAWS00Z290000000u&token=iWNRrVnJ. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T

Yeah I got that e-mail the other night. This morning I got an email saying my order has been processed which is what the email the other night said.

dmstrom

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Totally screwed

So it didn't show up in the order status system?

Nope. Spent an hour on the phone, and even with an order number they said it never got processed. I can't even begin to express how ticked I was. "Sorry about that" doesn't cut it.

I ordered through the ATT website. Should have used Apple, I guess.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Spent an hour on the phone, and even with an order number they said it never got processed. I can't even begin to express how ticked I was. "Sorry about that" doesn't cut it.

I ordered through the ATT website. Should have used Apple, I guess.

Me too. I have no choice now......

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
The information in the emails seems to be a bit ahead of what's on the order status screen. When I got the first email saying that it was processing my status on the the order status screen still said Backordered. Then the second email came saying that it was already processed and the order status screen was just showing processing. So check your emails. The order status screen is BS to me at this point.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The information in the emails seems to be a bit ahead of what's on the order status screen. When I got the first email saying that it was processing my status on the the order status screen still said Backordered. Then the second email came saying that it was already processed and the order status screen was just showing processing. So check your emails. The order status screen is BS to me at this point.

I second this.

CharlieBall

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys, I need your opinion. On AT&T, I ordered a black 32 gig, and a white 64 gig at around 4:42 am est and then at 4:48 am. I looked on my order status for both, and it shows for both of them as "processing". So am I pretty much guaranteed my phones to come this friday if not sooner? Or has anyone gone farther in the ordering process?

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yep! I think that you're good! But check your emails! As I've said before I trust those over what that status order screen says.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not at a good point right now. Still backordered

Don't sweat it. Its going to consume you if you do. You could still very easily get it Friday. No point in dwelling on it now 5 days before the expected delivery. If you don't get it Friday, you take it from there. However, I know its extremely hard not to sweat it when everyone is posting an updated status on their orders. I agree with what that other guy said, go by the e-mails, not what AT&T has on their order status page.

Mine could very well be delayed. Just because it doesn't say "backordered" anymore really doesn't mean anything if you think about it. No one is out of the woods until you have a tracking number. :D

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Don't sweat it. Its going to consume you if you do. You could still very easily get it Friday. No point in dwelling on it now 5 days before the expected delivery. If you don't get it Friday, you take it from there. However, I know its extremely hard not to sweat it when everyone is posting an updated status on their orders. I agree with what that other guy said, go by the e-mails, not what AT&T has on their order status page.

Mine could very well be delayed. Just because it doesn't say "backordered" anymore really doesn't mean anything if you think about it. No one is out of the woods until you have a tracking number. :D

Exactly!!! And I'm holding my breath waiting for that tracking number right now!!! Because I know that everything else is useless without it!

Ssunbrn

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading this thread for the past day and I figured I would share my experience. I ordered my phone by calling ATT at approx 10 AM EST on 7 oct. My ordering status page still shows back-ordered and I received an email indicating shipment would occur between 14-21 days. From what I have read on other boards, it would appear that most people who ordered online before 4 pm are getting shipping details. I have also read that customers with a FAN/priemer account (I.e. Discounted service) who called in to upgrade are more likely to be waiting in the 14-21 day queue. Please note that this info was obtained by reading various posts and I did not get the info direct from ATT. I recommend you take it with a grain of salt.

I would be interested in learning what other people are experiencing with regards to what means they used to order the phone (online or over phone), what time they ordered, and their current order status. Thanks!

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
AT&T's site started taking orders around 4am Eastern time and I had my first confirmation email by 4:45. Not sure where you guys are or what time it was in your areas then. Either way I tried for 1.5 hours on Apple's site starting at 3:00 am Eastern and finally gave up and went with AT&T which I had been refreshing constantly in a separate browser. They never seem to be prepared for these launches.

angelsfan01

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We ordered through AT&T (Premiere) on Friday morning at 5:06 & 5:08 (based on confirmation emails). On Saturday morning, my wife's line showed as processing, however my order didn't even show - as a matter of fact, my phone still said it was upgradeable! I called and they said that orders placed through Premiere did not get processed until Friday night, in effect making our orders look like they were placed after the 4pm magic time. The AT&T person would not tell us that the actual order time would be used and while discussing it, my upgrade status magically changed supposedly without her changing anything. Anyway, after a long conversation, I still wasn't pleased, but agreed to wait until they systems all caught up with each other.

Later in the day, my wife decided to call AT&T herself because she kept reading about all these other people ordering through the regular AT&T site after us and they already had a "ready to be shipped" type of status. She finally threatened them and moments later a manager called her back...and after 3 calls from them they finally told us there were two phones in our name waiting to be shipped. My order status now says "In Progress" and the Tracking Number says "Pending Shipment."

Just thought I'd share our little saga...our next problem will be the shipment delivery date...we're going out of town on Friday and I'll only be home until 11am! Grrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR