I got totally screwed. I ordered on the 7th, got a confirmation email and everything, but it never showed up in the system. I finally called, and they said it never got processed. 21-28 day wait! Sucks!
    10-09-2011 01:50 PM
    I got totally screwed. I ordered on the 7th, got a confirmation email and everything, but it never showed up in the system. I finally called, and they said it never got processed. 21-28 day wait! Sucks!
    So it didn't show up in the order status system?
    10-09-2011 02:55 PM
    Mine is no longer backordered. I ordered mine from AT&T's site at 3:30 a.m CST.

10-09-2011 03:05 PM
    I just called AT&T and they said orders placed on October 7th might get delayed by 2-3 weeks.
    10-09-2011 03:06 PM
    I just called AT&T and they said orders placed on October 7th might get delayed by 2-3 weeks.
    I believe it. Considering they had 200,000 pre-orders. Maybe those who ordered later that morning will be delayed. I got mine in at 3:30 a.m CST. I read that many people who ordered later that day have their orders showing 14-21 days for delivery. Mine says delivers on the 14th. First come, first serve basis.
    10-09-2011 03:09 PM
    I believe it. Considering they had 200,000 pre-orders. Maybe those who ordered later that morning will be delayed. I got mine in at 3:30 a.m CST. I read that many people who ordered later that day have their orders showing 14-21 days for delivery. Mine says delivers on the 14th. First come, first serve basis.
    Dang it. But the advantage is that we should get our ordered first for those who are buying on the 14th online. I bet it will take a month for your order to ship if you ordered on the 14th online.
    10-09-2011 03:18 PM
    Dang it. But the advantage is that we should get our ordered first for those who are buying on the 14th online. I bet it will take a month for your order to ship if you ordered on the 14th online.
    Perhaps but I would never wait in a line for an iPhone just to have it on launch day. You'd have to be there probably 2 days before. Just ridiculous. Best of luck to everyone that ordered Friday morning.
    10-09-2011 03:25 PM
    Mine is no longer backordered. I ordered mine from AT&T's site at 3:30 a.m CST.

Click to view quoted image
    Mine has made the change as well...of course I was pre-ordered at 4:10 AM, on the 7th, about 10 minutes after AT&T opened for orders.

I guess if you wanted it, you needed to be up plenty early...glad I made the effort.
    10-09-2011 03:54 PM
    Mine has made the change as well...of course I was pre-ordered at 4:10 AM, on the 7th, about 10 minutes after AT&T opened for orders.

I guess if you wanted it, you needed to be up plenty early...glad I made the effort.
    Yep. I was originally trying to get my order in with Apple.com but that didn't go over so well. I got mine in like the second AT&T went live. Which is exactly why its a first come, first serve basis. Those who ordered hours later might be subject to the 14-21 day delivery. I hope not but AT&T reported having 200,000 pre-orders.
    10-09-2011 03:57 PM
    Mine's still back ordered.
    10-09-2011 03:57 PM
    Mine's still back ordered.
    What time did you place your order on AT&T's site and are you a new AT&T customer?

I am coming from T-Mobile.
    10-09-2011 03:58 PM
    What time did you place your order on AT&T's site and are you a new AT&T customer?

I am coming from T-Mobile.
    I am not a new customer. I've been with AT&T since 2006 or 2007. And I placed my order at 12:00 PM Central Time.
    10-09-2011 03:59 PM
    I am not a new customer. I've been with AT&T since 2006 or 2007. And I placed my order at 12:00 PM Central Time.
    Oh well then that's probably why your is still showing up as backordered. Don't sweat it because its not over until after the 14th lol. But this what I wanted to avoid and why I stayed up all night. I knew if I ordered Friday later in the day, I might be subject to delays. Did you get an e-mail saying it was guranteed to deliver on the 14th?

EDIT: My friend has had AT&T for a long time and said they love to play favorites based on credit rating, bill payed on time, number of calls you make to their CS.
    10-09-2011 04:03 PM
    Oh well then that's probably why your is still showing up as backordered. Don't sweat it because its not over until after the 14th lol. But this what I wanted to avoid and why I stayed up all night. I knew if I ordered Friday later in the day, I might be subject to delays. Did you get an e-mail saying it was guranteed to deliver on the 14th?

EDIT: My friend has had AT&T for a long time and said they love to play favorites based on credit rating, bill payed on time, number of calls you make to their CS.
    I'll check. My dad ordered it for himself. Trying to get some good advice.

Edit: No delivery guaranteed on Oct. 14. I'm still getting pretty worried here....
    Last edited by applecpugeek; 10-09-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    10-09-2011 04:06 PM
    I'll check. My dad ordered it for himself. Trying to get some good advice.
    Today is Sunday so I'm assuming the majority of everyone's orders aren't gonna do much today. I'd expect to see A LOT more orders move forward tomorrow. Just report back here sometime tomorrow and let us know your status. I will do the same.
    10-09-2011 04:09 PM
    Today is Sunday so I'm assuming the majority of everyone's orders aren't gonna do much today. I'd expect to see A LOT more orders move forward tomorrow. Just report back here sometime tomorrow and let us know your status. I will do the same.
    Well, I just hope mine will be not back ordered. Still worried
    10-09-2011 04:10 PM
    This is the email that I got yesterday from AT&T:

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time.

Well send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLo...S00Z290000000u. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T
    10-09-2011 04:32 PM

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Well send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLo...S00Z290000000u. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T
    Lucky dog..
    10-09-2011 04:36 PM
    Don't worry! They'll get to you as well! Like someone else said you won't see any activity today since it's Sunday so if yours moved late last night then you won't know until tomorrow some time. I just said a little prayer for you!
    10-09-2011 04:41 PM
    Thx..........
    10-09-2011 04:41 PM
    Not trying to change anyone's previous advice, as I am new to this. But my order moved from this morning before church, I checked this afternoon and it had gone forward.
    10-09-2011 04:51 PM
    Not trying to change anyone's previous advice, as I am new to this. But my order moved from this morning before church, I checked this afternoon and it had gone forward.
    You are very lucky. Mine has stayed the same.
    10-09-2011 04:53 PM

Thank you,

AT&T
    Yeah I got that e-mail the other night. This morning I got an email saying my order has been processed which is what the email the other night said.
    10-09-2011 05:10 PM
    So it didn't show up in the order status system?
    Nope. Spent an hour on the phone, and even with an order number they said it never got processed. I can't even begin to express how ticked I was. "Sorry about that" doesn't cut it.

I ordered through the ATT website. Should have used Apple, I guess.
    10-09-2011 05:23 PM
    Nope. Spent an hour on the phone, and even with an order number they said it never got processed. I can't even begin to express how ticked I was. "Sorry about that" doesn't cut it.

I ordered through the ATT website. Should have used Apple, I guess.
    Me too. I have no choice now......
    10-09-2011 05:25 PM
209 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD