Please don't skewer the noob >_<

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
so i'm thinking of getting my first iphone. i just have a few questions that hopefully i could get an answer for without being bashed. i have not seen what's in the app store so i don't know what's in there or whether or not they are free or paid.

email: am i able to have email separated by account as in i won't have just one big inbox? i really really hate the consolidated inbox. i have several emails from gmail, yahoo and aol and i'd like to have each on it's own inbox. is it able to do that?

email synch: if i keep synch on all the time as push, will that severly drain my battery? it does for my old phone. well that and probably other push notifications.

navigation: does google map's free navigation app work for iphone? if not, is there something free that works as well? for free? it'll be sad to let go of google navigation, but if there is something as good, it will be ok.

file transfers: is transferring files off the iphone as easy as drag and drop? i can put things in there that i want like pics, videos and music and get them out of there just as easily? or do i have to use itunes to do file transfers? that gets very annoying and make me less likely to put anything in the phone. (yes i'm lazy i know)

calendar: can my agenda be synched to my google account automatically?

contacts: can my contacts be synched to my google account automatically?

google skymap. does it work for iphones too?

question about siri: can i ask it to do anything the phone is able to do like say "find getglue app and check me in watching fringe" or will it only work with tasks that's innate to the phone like what the videos seem to show?

also.... is there some lolcats app (icanhazcheezburger)? >_< yes, make fun, haha, but it entertains me.

if you've read this far, thanks. if you're not flaming a reply, double thanks. if you're going to post real helpful answers, super thanks!

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
1. Yes, you do not need to have a consolidated inbox.
2. Google Navigation is not included. That is a exclusive to Android devices. There are countless turn by turn apps in the App Store though.
3. For file transfers you will need to use iTunes. It's pretty simple.
4, 5, 6. yes, yes, yes.
7. Not sure.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you got your answers and I wasn't going to "skewer the noob", until I read the lolcats question. You're begging for a lampoon job there... but I gonna let it slide ONE TIME. :)

And welcome to the wonderful world of iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox