Warning for those who ordered through verizon website

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Where do I begin.......
I ordered through the verizon website at 3:45 this and got an email confirmation this am around 4 am.
It stated the order was in process and would be shipped to arrive on 10/14.
Then, as I checked the status throughout the day, it changed on the website to expected to ship by 10/21.
I called verizon customer service and bottom line is they could not guarantee that it would arrive on 10/14.
They said demand was high and they couldnt commit.
I told them to cancel the order.
I then went on to the Apple site and ordered the same phone with Applecare plus and I have a confirmed deliver by 10/14.
Un friggen believable.

Len

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty just because Apple's website says 10/14, I would not be surprised if they had a ton of orders and it got pushed back. Not to mention, I am sure Apple has more supply or awareness of supply since it is their product.

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple is usually very honest about delivery date, and usually very accurate.
I trust them more than I trust verizon.
I have place several orders with Apple before and have never been disappointed. I'll go with whatever they tell me.

Verizon on the other hand, seems to have no clue.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dude I just spent and hour on the phone with verizon trying to get this resolved cause my delivery date got pushed back to the 21st as well. I ordered my phone at 11:55 pst before the site even said it would be able to order it. They said everything is on back order for now and that since I ordered so early that my delivery date will change once it gets closer to release. I call bs I made them open a specific case on my order and made sure they email me once my order has been fixed and expedited, either way I didn't cancel because if I do that then I would have to reorder and it will take 3 weeks so if my situation isn't resolved by wed or Thursday I'm gonna cancel and go straight to Verizon or apple on launch day and get it that way. What pita I didn't have this problem when I ordered my ip4 in feb with them I actually got it a few days early so idk what's gonna happen.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed mine says 10/21 also...and I also ordered about 5 minutes before the actual time of preorder was set to begin. Kinda odd....guess we'll see what happens.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the supervisor on the phone said this happened when the new droid came out and the delivery times actually changed when it got closer to the release date so we will see.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In all honesty just because Apple's website says 10/14, I would not be surprised if they had a ton of orders and it got pushed back. Not to mention, I am sure Apple has more supply or awareness of supply since it is their product.

Apple is generally pretty good at keeping accurate shipping dates on their site. If something changes it shows up on the site. Again, if anyone reading this is planning on getting a 4S the best place to do so is Apple.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Lend273 just put the jinx on me! Mine says 10/21.

I hope it changes back to the 14th, considering I finished ordering mine at around 3:08AM EST.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i think part of it maybe each carrier is allowed a certain lot and of course apple has a bigger lot of the phones so it would make sense that you'll be able to get the phone faster from apple as they would have a larger inventory.

smoke5643

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree Apple probably has priority but I finished my order 2:56AM EST. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that all their allocation was gone before it was even supposed to start at 3. Call me crazy but I smell BS!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's a case of early orders go to the back of the line? :eek:

Seriously, you will know for sure when you get your tracking number. Until then, everything is just a guesstimate.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is what it is, getting mad or trying to fix anything is pointless. This is a big machine we are dealing with and we are at their whim. For me I will definetly do what is in my power(which isn't much) and hope things get worked out.

mariska#AC

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I've pre-ordered through Verizon a couple times for big releases (BlackBerry Storm and Moto Droid). The same thing happened both times, pushing back the original ship date, but I ended up getting the phones earlier than expected. So I'm not going to freak out just yet unless next Thursday comes around and there's no tracking number to be seen!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You'd think there'd be a sticky saying to preorder at apple.com for best results. If you can't get through there, it's usually easier to get one on launch day. I've seen too many unhappy buyers who preorder through carriers and get delayed.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I read on another forum, a poster who has a similar issue that some of us are facing, and he was told by Best Buy that "Apple specifically told us that pre-order is for the 2nd shipment, and 1st batch is first come first serve." Take that with a grain of salt, because it doesn't make much sense, but yeah.