newbie question..

so if I backup my iphone 4 running ios4 to itunes. then buy the 4s, can i just re-sync all my apps, contacts, notes etc from this backup onto the new 4s? or will the fact that the new phone will be differnent ios will cause problems? not sure how all this works..
    10-07-2011 03:25 PM
    newbie question..

so if I backup my iphone 4 running ios4 to itunes. then buy the 4s, can i just re-sync all my apps, contacts, notes etc from this backup onto the new 4s? or will the fact that the new phone will be differnent ios will cause problems? not sure how all this works..
    Yes, all of that should work, only problem would be some Apps won't work due to them not being updated to support iOS 5, but they probably will soon after iOS 5 releases. Hope this helps!
    10-07-2011 03:29 PM
    cool. thanks. And I'm going to be selling my I4 so after I back up, I just do a system restore to get it back to factory setting??
    10-07-2011 05:57 PM
    cool. thanks. And I'm going to be selling my I4 so after I back up, I just do a system restore to get it back to factory setting??
    no, go on iTunes and click return to factory settings, it may be on you're device in settings too
    Bosox20 likes this.
    10-07-2011 06:01 PM
    Great. Thank you very much for your help...
    10-07-2011 06:15 PM
    Go to SETTINGS / GENERAL / RESET.

There are options there to Reset all Settings, Erase all Content and Settings, and a few other items you can reset/clear.
    10-07-2011 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD