"Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone will ship in approximately 14 to 21 days*. All orders are processed on a first come, first served basis."

That was taken from my Email. Notice the 14 to 21 Days.
    Also after going back to the store and speaking to a rep about it. Apparently the shipment they get of the phones are for people who camp out and wait to get it in store. No guarantee of release date delivery.
    So i pre-order the phone and i have a possibility of getting it later than the people who don't.
    Good ole At&t.

This very well could just my local corporate store, but I thought i'd pass along the message.
    10-07-2011 03:03 PM
    "Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone will ship in approximately 14 to 21 days*. All orders are processed on a first come, first served basis."

Also after going back to the store and speaking to a rep about it. Apparently the shipment they get of the phones are for people who camp out and wait to get it in store. No guarantee of release date delivery.
    So i pre-order the phone and i have a possibility of getting it later than the people who don't.
    Good ole At&t.

This very well could just my local corporate store, but I thought i'd pass along the message.
    That stinks, maybe if you contact Apple they will do something about it because, it says on Apple.com that it will be shipped October 14th. Hope this helped
    10-07-2011 03:05 PM
    Why would you preorder from AT&T anyways? I'd use apple for that. AT&T is where you go on launch day to buy to avoid lines at apple store.
    10-07-2011 03:06 PM

Good ole At&t.

Maybe they ran out? I ordered my on line from ATT this morning at 530am and I have a Oct. 14 delivery date.

KC
    10-07-2011 03:08 PM
    Why would you preorder from AT&T anyways? I'd use apple for that. AT&T is where you go on launch day to buy to avoid lines at apple store.
    Because the Apple store was trying to charge me for an early upgrade. I wanted to add a new line. I ended up dropping my line and joining someone elses Family Plan anyways.

That stinks, maybe if you contact Apple they will do something about it because, it says on Apple.com that it will be shipped October 14th. Hope this helped
    Always a possibility
    10-07-2011 03:11 PM
    This is how they've always done it though, although typically, people who pre-ordered it and chose to pick it up in the store will usually be in a separate line than those who just show up...at least that's how they've always done it at Apple stores...ive never bought one from a carrier store.
    10-07-2011 03:30 PM
    This is how they've always done it though, although typically, people who pre-ordered it and chose to pick it up in the store will usually be in a separate line than those who just show up...at least that's how they've always done it at Apple stores...ive never bought one from a carrier store.
    They didn't separate us at the Glendale AZ Apple store for the iPhone 4 launch. They did walk down the line and asked whether we were "walk up" or "pick up".

With the iPhone 4, as far as I can recall, it was the only time when product was actually in the hands of (some) consumers prior to the official launch day. Prior to that, Apple had always requested a "hold" on delivery. But a lot of people that chose to have the phone delivered actually got it 1-2 days before the June 24 launch date.
    10-07-2011 03:39 PM
    They didn't even ask us if we wanted to come pick it up. I'm guessing we don't have the option. I'll call back later when I get some time.
    10-07-2011 04:24 PM
    Ordered mine from ATT as well. Sure hope this is not how they do it.
    10-07-2011 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD