Anyone reconsidering ipad?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
This question is for 4S buyers so i'm posting in this forum. Hopefully i don't get 20 replies wondering about this.

But with the 64gb 4S, i'm thinking of getting rid of ipad 2. Some of the unique ipad 2 features, wireless mirroring, will be on the 4S. The 4S will have better 3G speed, same storage, and just be faster.

As it is, the ipad 2 doesn't get used much aside from being a great comics reader. I'm still reading regular books on iphone vs my ipad. Most of my browsing is done from iphone or PC.

For all the remote apps, tv apps, etc, the ipad still kind of sits there. Mainly because the iphone is just more mobile, convenient, comfortable to hold, and has a great screen as well. And now with the 4S, probably much more capable as well.

Not saying I'll get rid of it yet. But just thinking about it. I'll probably give it the rest of the month and see how it fits in with iOS 5.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
nope, love my iPad2. I find it easier to browse the InterWebs on, type emails (and anything longer than a txt, to be honest), and play Peggle on!!!

That said, I would likely drop the 3G and go straight Wi-Fi on it if I were you (I got the Wi Fi model)...

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
2 product categories
2 separate uses

This is just for me of course, but my phone I obviously use it every day for every purchase it can be used for. Emailing, texting, calling, quick web searches, little gaming here and there, I could go on and on. Perfect for a mobile device.

But when I need something larger, particularly for reading,

For me, there is no way I would ever get rid of my iPad. But my uses are obviously much different than yours. I read my books, magazines, newspapers on it. I surf the web on it. I do word processing and spreadsheets, I watch movies and TV on it. There isn't a day or night it does not get used.

So you asked if "anyone" is reconsidering their iPad, expect to get a few "anyones" answering. This Anyone has no plans or intentions to do anything with it ;)

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This question is for 4S buyers so i'm posting in this forum. Hopefully i don't get 20 replies wondering about this.

But with the 64gb 4S, i'm thinking of getting rid of ipad 2. Some of the unique ipad 2 features, wireless mirroring, will be on the 4S. The 4S will have better 3G speed, same storage, and just be faster.

As it is, the ipad 2 doesn't get used much aside from being a great comics reader. I'm still reading regular books on iphone vs my ipad. Most of my browsing is done from iphone or PC.

For all the remote apps, tv apps, etc, the ipad still kind of sits there. Mainly because the iphone is just more mobile, convenient, comfortable to hold, and has a great screen as well. And now with the 4S, probably much more capable as well.

Not saying I'll get rid of it yet. But just thinking about it. I'll probably give it the rest of the month and see how it fits in with iOS 5.

I don't see the point of having an iPad when the iPhone 4S specs are the same. Also, iPhone 4S has SIRI :)

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a regular Ipad and use it for internet surfing at work, love it. Larger screen for me makes all the difference in the world for movies and some photos. I think they complement each other.

I have grandfather unlimited Data on my Iphone so I don't have tethering. I use the 3G on my Ipad.

KC

Maher Essi

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, Can't really compare an iPhone and an iPad, Some of the apps are so much greater on the iPad!
besides if you're into doing more than just browsing and tweeting or texting, the iPad has so much more to offer! you can actually create pages on ipad, design, sketch, write music and play instruments, and viewing movies and art on the ipad is such a treat. The iphone is great on the go but you can't really compare.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPad 2. I use it for general browsing and reading at the house. I take it to work to watch movies on slow nights. Two separate products with really different usages, they really are companion devices. That said I don't see myself upgrading iPads every year, every other year will be the max. It would take more than a faster CPU and a Retina display to get me to drop another $500.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
No way! They are companion devices, even including my laptop while in the house. iPhone is for texting, taking photos, phone calls, timing food, while I am reading magazines, browsing forums, watching a storm come in on radar, playing WWF, cooking from a recipe on Evernote on the iPad!

Invid

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I love my iPad.

The screen size is a big draw for the kinds of use I put it to, and that doesn't change with the introduction of the 4S hardware.

My carrier allows free tethering, so I skipped the iPad 2 3G versions anyway, so the increased speed of the 4S doesn't matter either. I'll still tether it the same way, for the same uses. Browsing is much nicer on the big screen, as is video and reading. Nothing has changed for me.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
iPad 2 doesn't have an 8MP still camera or 1080p video recording either.

(or a retina display for it's bigger screen)

4S > iPad 2

There's just no comparing IMO.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
As some of the other folks have said, it all depends on how you use the device. For me, even though I'm not purchasing the 4S I would still keep my iPad 2 regardless. I'd use the 4S as my main MP3 player and give my 80gb Zune to my sister...

My iPad has just about replaced my laptop in many situations. I use it to take notes at school and at meetings, I type up assignments on Pages, and I browse the web very often on the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro