Change of pre-order?

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, first time preordering.
After hours of struggle last night, I was one of the "lucky" ones to get a reservation number. I managed to for all 3 phones I need. Then a little bit later, AT&T Premier finally worked and let upgrade and pay. I recieved confirmation emails. It states they should be delivered by the 14th, unless things happen.
I recieved an email from Apple today saying to finish my order from the reservations before.

Whats better to order from: AT&T or Apple? Which will arrive soonest? Is it worth canceling my At&T order and finishing my apple one? (it says my spot it reserved)

What do people say bussed on experience? I want/need it by next Friday!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, first time preordering.
After hours of struggle last night, I was one of the "lucky" ones to get a reservation number. I managed to for all 3 phones I need. Then a little bit later, AT&T Premier finally worked and let upgrade and pay. I recieved confirmation emails. It states they should be delivered by the 14th, unless things happen.
I recieved an email from Apple today saying to finish my order from the reservations before.

Whats better to order from: AT&T or Apple? Which will arrive soonest? Is it worth canceling my At&T order and finishing my apple one? (it says my spot it reserved)

What do people say bussed on experience? I want/need it by next Friday!

They both will deliver by October 14 or 15th :) Well, unless something gets in the way.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I just feel like I trust Apple with fulfilling my order by that date. I'm calling AT&T to ask.
I also want AppleCare+ and I can add that right now through Apple. Apple is claiming delivered by 14th now due to my reservation.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Upgrade only one phone

I manged to upgrade my phone this morning but I am trying to upgrade the second phone on my account and it will only let me do it at the retail price. How did you upgrade all your phones? I purchased both these phones at the same time in June 2009.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I just feel like I trust Apple with fulfilling my order by that date. I'm calling AT&T to ask.
I also want AppleCare+ and I can add that right now through Apple. Apple is claiming delivered by 14th now due to my reservation.

Good! Hopefully they keep their promise! Good luck

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I manged to upgrade my phone this morning but I am trying to upgrade the second phone on my account and it will only let me do it at the retail price. How did you upgrade all your phones? I purchased both these phones at the same time in June 2009.

All three phones qualified for upgrades.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so now I have a phone order with AT&T and with Apple, both eligible for the upgrade for the same line.

AT&T thinks it won't arrive on the 14th, but Apple says it will delivered by then.

Should I cancel AT&T order, or just leave both and return the one that comes later?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so now I have a phone order with AT&T and with Apple, both eligible for the upgrade for the same line.

AT&T thinks it won't arrive on the 14th, but Apple says it will delivered by then.

Should I cancel AT&T order, or just leave both and return the one that comes later?

Just leave them both and see what happens, you never know. Maybe it will come October 10th and you're one of the first people to have using an iPhone 4S :)

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Just leave them both and see what happens, you never know. Maybe it will come October 10th and you're one of the first people to have using an iPhone 4S :)

Yeah, thats what i think. Hopefully due to the glitch, they send me two iPhone 4S for $200 each instead of one for $200 and one for full price. lol.
I am just worried of them canceling my orders.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I am actually canceling my order with AT&T.
I spoke to an Apple rep, and she warned me they may cancel both orders if I don't cancel one of them due to verification process.

She recommended to keep Apple's since the delivery date is 10/14 and AT&T is unsure of theirs.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

That was exactly my situation. Have you noticed that neither AT&T CS or Apple accounting (track order/view history, etc) is working?

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
That was exactly my situation. Have you noticed that neither AT&T CS or Apple accounting (track order/view history, etc) is working?

Yep, I can just access my AT&T Premier order status, but I doesn't give much.
I just got off with the AT&T rep, they can't cancel my order for 24 hours and said to call back, I even got elevated to a supervisor then manager, same story. I'll call back tomorrow.
Just hope they don't do verification by then and I'm out of the running for the 10/14 delivery.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I can just access my AT&T Premier order status, but I doesn't give much.
I just got off with the AT&T rep, they can't cancel my order for 24 hours and said to call back, I even got elevated to a supervisor then manager, same story. I'll call back tomorrow.
Just hope they don't do verification by then and I'm out of the running for the 10/14 delivery.

Just on a side note I noticed in your first post that your phone changed 'based' to 'bussed'. I just thought it was cute =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW