Applecare+ only if iphone bought from Apple?

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my phone through Verizon website with no problem because I couldn't get through to Apples website.

Now when I try to buy Applecare+ on Apples website they say it can only be ordered with an iphone purchase.

You mean to tell me that anyone who ordered their iphone through their carrier can not purchase Applecare+ ? That is ridiculous.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
AppleCare or AppleCare+. I have been told as of yesterday by both Verizon and Apple that its not an option if you didn't get it during your purchase and that means directly from Apple.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
AppleCare or AppleCare+. I have been told as of yesterday by both Verizon and Apple that its not an option if you didn't get it during your purchase and that means directly from Apple.

Yes, it is not an option anymore, but you can just get Verizon insurance and/or AppleCare.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I've already gotten two separate emails from Apple offering AppleCare+. It states that it realizes that it was not offered as an option at the time of purchase and is making it available now.

Also, for their iMacs and MacBook Pros, I've been told that you can purchase AppleCare at anytime during the initial 1 year warranty period. Not sure the iPhone would be any different.

Directly from my email said:
We noticed you weren?t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please reply to this email.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've already gotten two separate emails from Apple offering AppleCare+. It states that it realizes that it was not offered as an option at the time of purchase and is making it available now.

Also, for their iMacs and MacBook Pros, I've been told that you can purchase AppleCare at anytime during the initial 1 year warranty period. Not sure the iPhone would be any different.

It's not any different for iPhone...

I still honestly think people are stressing too much about Apple Care +, Apple isn't going to screw people over by letting a glitch on pre-orders to prevent people from wanting to cover their Apple product, people who know Apple know this isn't how they roll...

Reactions: dwfw

ballerx44

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Already called Apple about it, and the Representative explained that I'd have to take my "unopened iPhone to [my] local Apple store and purchase AppleCare + prior to opening the box and activating the iPhone" I laughed, because there's no way I can go without opening this sucker... I recommend 3rd party insurance though because they replace the phone for $49 as well but cover WAY more stuff.

I'm personally getting GoCare $59 for one year, and $97 for two years, they cover your phone for defects, accidental damage, spills, etc. Even if the iPhone is jailbroken and the warranty is voided! There are a ton of other insurance suppliers out there so do your shopping, AppleCare+ may not be your *best* choice

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
ballerx44, Apple must be kidding right, who in their right mind would no near an Apple retail store (or what if you don't have one in your area) on launch day? Seriously would you sit in line for hours to get AppleCare+ because Apple failed to prepare for this at the carrier level.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox