It says no change to Rate Plan but then NO MESSAGING PLAN listed....does that mean ATT won't have my messaging plan?
    10-07-2011 10:36 AM
    I had issues with that too when ordering through apple. I canceled my apple order and did it through att with no problem.

I will warn you there is a page that looks like they are changing your data plan if you are grandfathered into unlimited...but it does not change anything, just a system requirement of some sort. I called an ATT rep to make sure I wouldn't lose my unlimited data plan before I continued.
    10-07-2011 10:47 AM
    Well, I can correct my messaging on the ATT site. I will make sure I still havei t. ATT didn't give me an option for Applecare.

Presently I cannot access my Apple order.
    10-07-2011 10:57 AM
    You can order it from Apple, then once you receive it, you can change you're plan back to Messaging
    10-07-2011 10:58 AM
    Just so long as my plan stays the same til the phone arrives!
    10-07-2011 11:02 AM
    I didn't see an option for Applecare when I ordered through Apple.com. I am new to the Apple scene, so maybe I overlooked it, but I searched for it.
    10-07-2011 11:27 AM
    It was an option after I added the phone to the basket I think. I don't remmeber. I always buy it tho.
    10-07-2011 11:52 AM
    I saw the same thing with Verizon in reguards to the No Text Plan, I called Verizon to verify nothing changed, they said the Text plan is attached to the calling plan, looked everything up, and nothing at all was changed. So I would say you have nothing to worry about.
    10-07-2011 12:22 PM
    I just checked on ATT site, and so far it looks correct. But I didn't get my 4S order conf email yet, so I will confirm then too. And when it ships. And in person next week. haha
    10-07-2011 12:36 PM
    Just so long as my plan stays the same til the phone arrives!
    My experience with VZW (AT&T might be different) is that all the 'account changes' made online when ordering do not go into effect until the phone is activated and can be changed upon activation at the store.

If you have any doubts on what your carrier is telling you electronically, go into a store and have them activate it upon reciept. Save yourself the headache of having to deal with it over the phone after the fact.
    10-07-2011 01:19 PM
    Just call up ATT and make changes to your line and thats it
    10-07-2011 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD