I was in the midst of doing my pre-order and I get to the "select features" section, I currently have unlimited data so I'm confused when its asking me to select a data plan other than what I have - I call Verizon and the rep tells me I am definitely grandfathered into the unlimited data plan so just select the 2gb plan to complete the pre-order and my original plan features will still be in place.

Anybody do this? I want to be sure before I complete the pre-order, don't want to screw myself outta my unlimited plan.
    10-07-2011 05:46 AM
    you should be able to keep you're unlimited data plan. call Verizon and see what's up.
    RhonnieNYC likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:13 AM
    I also have an unlimited data plan. When i preordered, during check out the recept said that there were no changes to the voice plan, or the texting plan, but it did state that the iPhone data plan is 29.99. once again, this shouldn't change my current plan correct?
    10-07-2011 07:16 AM
    Do NOT select the 2gb plan.... Wait and call verizon again..
    10-07-2011 07:17 AM
    I would definitely call to verify why it's asking you this. Just for peace of mind.
    10-07-2011 07:18 AM
    I have heard that if you have the unlimited plan and you buy a new phone online, you choose the 2gb plan.
    RhonnieNYC likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:22 AM
    i was given a option of keeping the same plan i already had no changes were made to mine. i would call.
    10-07-2011 07:36 AM
    I had the same issue. I chose the 2gb plan just because I didn't know what else to do. When I got my confirmation email, it lists all of the features of the plan and my unlimited data plan was on the list. So I guess it worked out. I may call later in the day just to confirm, but I think it is fine.
    RhonnieNYC likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:38 AM
    Yeah, if you choose the 2GB plan you're stuck with it Call Verizon
    10-07-2011 08:34 AM
    Nightmare if it does change!
    10-07-2011 10:09 AM
    I also have an unlimited data plan. When i preordered, during check out the recept said that there were no changes to the voice plan, or the texting plan, but it did state that the iPhone data plan is 29.99. once again, this shouldn't change my current plan correct?
    No it wont change your plan.
    10-07-2011 10:12 AM
    That would be evil if they tricked people into it. As much as I like shopping online, I would go to the store to see someone face to face and figure it all out.
    10-07-2011 10:18 AM
    I had the same issue. I chose the 2gb plan just because I didn't know what else to do. When I got my confirmation email, it lists all of the features of the plan and my unlimited data plan was on the list. So I guess it worked out. I may call later in the day just to confirm, but I think it is fine.
    That's exactly what happened when I completed my pre-order. I also called Verizon and was told to do it that way, when I received my email confirmation it stated UNLIMITED DATA PLAN. Of course if I see something different on my bill after getting the phone, I will be calling them immediately
    10-07-2011 10:27 AM
    Correct- you are good to go. Data Plan should say " unlimited iPhone"... and it is grandfathered! ( I ordered mine on the Applestore online so i could take AppleCare+)
    Last edited by ekneeiphone; 10-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    10-07-2011 05:11 PM
    Mine didn't have any issues. Just clicked no to the global pop-up and unlimited was still listed as an option on the data.
    10-07-2011 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD