Verizon / unlimited data plan

RhonnieNYC

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in the midst of doing my pre-order and I get to the "select features" section, I currently have unlimited data so I'm confused when its asking me to select a data plan other than what I have - I call Verizon and the rep tells me I am definitely grandfathered into the unlimited data plan so just select the 2gb plan to complete the pre-order and my original plan features will still be in place.

Anybody do this? I want to be sure before I complete the pre-order, don't want to screw myself outta my unlimited plan.

Kyle.

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I also have an unlimited data plan. When i preordered, during check out the recept said that there were no changes to the voice plan, or the texting plan, but it did state that the iPhone data plan is 29.99. once again, this shouldn't change my current plan correct?

ethor1

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I chose the 2gb plan just because I didn't know what else to do. When I got my confirmation email, it lists all of the features of the plan and my unlimited data plan was on the list. So I guess it worked out. I may call later in the day just to confirm, but I think it is fine.

Reactions: RhonnieNYC

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I also have an unlimited data plan. When i preordered, during check out the recept said that there were no changes to the voice plan, or the texting plan, but it did state that the iPhone data plan is 29.99. once again, this shouldn't change my current plan correct?

No it wont change your plan.

Pathtek4

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
That would be evil if they tricked people into it. As much as I like shopping online, I would go to the store to see someone face to face and figure it all out.

RhonnieNYC

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I chose the 2gb plan just because I didn't know what else to do. When I got my confirmation email, it lists all of the features of the plan and my unlimited data plan was on the list. So I guess it worked out. I may call later in the day just to confirm, but I think it is fine.

That's exactly what happened when I completed my pre-order. I also called Verizon and was told to do it that way, when I received my email confirmation it stated UNLIMITED DATA PLAN. Of course if I see something different on my bill after getting the phone, I will be calling them immediately ;)

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Correct- you are good to go. Data Plan should say " unlimited iPhone"... and it is grandfathered! ( I ordered mine on the Applestore online so i could take AppleCare+)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal