anybody worry about google nexus prime & ice cream sandwhich outshining the iphone4s?

go88mph

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Even if the new ICS version of Android is as awesome as they say, it will still be 6 months before most phones (that is, those few phones that can get the upgrade) will see it...and by that time all the google folks will be talking about the next upgrade.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is a new great, amazing, awesome Android phone released every few weeks. The problem is, they rarely get updated. So as long as whatever comes out in 2 weeks is good enough to last you for the next howeverlonguntnilyoubuyanewphone, you're still better off with an iPhone - which will get any updates Apple puts out.

Gotta say it...

FRAGMENTATION

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Nothing beats Apple's customer service, my original ip4 was just replaced for a new one after 15 months of buying it, 3 months over warranty and no protection plan... Try that with and android...

sabesh#WN

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting the Prime too, and use my 4s as a backup. Currently, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, which has an outstanding camera. Will post some comparison shots from both cameras once I get my 4s.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Iphone to Android a year ago, and have been regretting it ever since.
It doesnt matter what sexy phone HTC or Nexus or Samsung bring out, bottomline: the android "experience" is nowhere near IOS.

btw, its so bad, i use a custom rom on my android to mimic IOS!

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the HTC Inspire for a month. Bought it using one of my upgrades. Had been using an u2 previous to that for 6 months. It was a good phone, but nowhere near as smooth as iOS. I had trible with freeze ups and the battery was only good for 4 hrs continual use as compared to 6-7 he's on my i4. Sold it, took the money and bought another i4. I will pre order the i4S today.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a new great, amazing, awesome Android phone released every few weeks. The problem is, they rarely get updated. So as long as whatever comes out in 2 weeks is good enough to last you for the next howeverlonguntnilyoubuyanewphone, you're still better off with an iPhone - which will get any updates Apple puts out.

Gotta say it...

FRAGMENTATION

Keep in mind that the Nexus phones aren't running any manufacturer's skins over the top of Android so they see updates very frequently.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Too many phones coming out all the time. Too many different versions of software on all the Android phones. I'll stick with Apple who produces 1 phone a year and all the updates come out at the same time, not a separate update for the 3GS, then months later for the 4, and maybe an update for the 3G. I'm not a fan of the openness they allow with the APP market. My wife has an Android and every time she downloads an app she has to worry about some sort of Malware. I'll stick with Apple.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the HTC Inspire for a month. Bought it using one of my upgrades. Had been using an u2 previous to that for 6 months. It was a good phone, but nowhere near as smooth as iOS. I had trible with freeze ups and the battery was only good for 4 hrs continual use as compared to 6-7 he's on my i4. Sold it, took the money and bought another i4. I will pre order the i4S today.

Yeah, i know. HTC phones battery die really quick :(

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site

Gotta say it...

FRAGMENTATION

This is a google phone. Will get updates immidiatley.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not worried about any Android based phone "outshining" the iPhone...because i have no plans to buy one for personal use, and it does nothing for me...if it works well for someone else, even better than an iPhone would for that person, more power to them! I'd expect they'd feel the same way about the iPhone as well...

I just can't understand why people would be "worried" or "jealous" about what another companies phone does...considering we all have the ability to purchase whatever phone we want...i mean it's not like we're stuck with Apple phones if we don't like or want them, so what would be the point in worrying? If it's better for you...go buy it!

Reactions: zackawee27

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm not worried about any Android based phone "outshining" the iPhone...because i have no plans to buy one for personal use, and it does nothing for me...if it works well for someone else, even better than an iPhone would for that person, more power to them! I'd expect they'd feel the same way about the iPhone as well...

I just can't understand why people would be "worried" or "jealous" about what another companies phone does...considering we all have the ability to purchase whatever phone we want...i mean it's not like we're stuck with Apple phones if we don't like or want them, so what would be the point in worrying? If it's better for you...go buy it!

Agreed, I think iOS is personally better heck I prefer webOS over Android but, its all in preference :)

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I considered waiting until next week to see the Nexus Prime reveal, but I'm so comfortable with iOS and my iPod Touch 4G that getting a iPhone 4S seemed a total no-brainer.

Apple hasn't failed me yet, so I'm going to stay loyal a while.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods