Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.
    10-07-2011 08:46 AM
    Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.
    lol...if that's all you had to deal with and you thought it was a nightmare, this must be your first iPhone pre-order!

The 3G was seriously a cluster &^%$...
    10-07-2011 08:53 AM
    lol...if that's all you had to deal with and you thought it was a nightmare, this must be your first iPhone pre-order!

The 3G was seriously a cluster &^%$...
    Yup, my first pre-order. I got my 3GS (my first iPhone) about two weeks after launch by going into a store and getting on a waiting list. So I guess I was lucky, lol!
    10-07-2011 08:55 AM
    I was able to order from AT&T after trying for 45 min between apple.com and AT&T. The phone is for my wife, and the confirmation e-mail has her old address and not our current one even though I entered my current one. I'm going to call AT&T today to clear it up. I hope their phone lines aren't clogged up.
    10-07-2011 09:13 AM
    Drove by my local AT&T store (I have 2 close by actually) and at 9:15AM (45 minutes before opening) there were maybe 5 cars in the lot, no idea if any were employees. Maybe I should have just slept in and went over there this AM instead of my overnight party, but it was nice to "experience that" and interact with fellow fans on the forums here.
    10-07-2011 09:46 AM
    Drove by my local AT&T store (I have 2 close by actually) and at 9:15AM (45 minutes before opening) there were maybe 5 cars in the lot, no idea if any were employees. Maybe I should have just slept in and went over there this AM instead of my overnight party, but it was nice to "experience that" and interact with fellow fans on the forums here.
    I was able to order mine online at ATT, got a email with in a few mins to order number!!

Left work at 630am and drove by the ATT, no line at all!!!

KC
    10-07-2011 12:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD