Blackberry 9930 OR Iphone4S?

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not to be rude but this is kind of a ridiculous question to ask here as this is an Apple site, it would be the same as if you asked this on Crackberry in a thread for the BB you were wanting. Nobody here will tell you to get a BB over an iPhone. If you're a basic user whose needs are specifically text, email and/or for job security reasons you need the non-camera then you might think the BB is easier and a better choice but the virtual keyboard with the iPhone is wonderful and you probably won't be able to text or email any less effeciently on it than you would a BB. I'd say the only true reason to choose a BB over an iPhone would be the option of no camera for job reasons, everything else is personal preference. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

O.K. that's fair! But if the ? is so ridiculous why even waist your time answering it? Not trying to be rude or anything ....just saying!! ;) I'm just expecting people to be honest and tell me their experiences with one or the other! That's all!!!! I will wade through the truth and BS and make an intelligent decision on my own! Thanks for your concern anyways!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
O.K. that's fair! But if the ? is so ridiculous why even waist your time answering it? Not trying to be rude or anything ....just saying!! ;) I'm just expecting people to be honest and tell me their experiences with one or the other! That's all!!!! I will wade through the truth and BS and make an intelligent decision on my own! Thanks for your concern anyways!

I didn't say your question was totally ridiculous, I said it was ridiculous to ask on an iPhone/Apple fansite because why would people that are iPhone fans tell you to go with a Blackberry. If you wanted to actually weigh the pro's and con's of both devices you would look to an independent site that is based on specs and are not dedicated to one company/product/OS because looking here you will not find an unbiased opinion because even the people that can point out positives in both products will still tell you to buy an iPhone because that is what THEY like and that's they are on THIS site.... just sayin!

Reactions: GuyKujawa

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say your question was totally ridiculous, I said it was ridiculous to ask on an iPhone/Apple fansite because why would people that are iPhone fans tell you to go with a Blackberry. If you wanted to actually weigh the pro's and con's of both devices you would look to an independent site that is based on specs and are not dedicated to one company/product/OS because looking here you will not find an unbiased opinion because even the people that can point out positives in both products will still tell you to buy an iPhone because that is what THEY like and that's they are on THIS site.... just sayin!

Although I respect your OPINION! I believe you are not totally right! I think most people can give an honest answer regarding a product one way or the other! There may be Newbies to the Iphone who would totally disagree with you and go back to a BB as soon as they got the chance! I want to know every ones thoughts...Not just people who have owned Iphones from the beginning of time!!! ;)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I went from having every blackberry from the pearl up to the 9650, the. Got the iPhone, and fell in love. I thought it would be tough typing? But it really isn't. I will say though, I used to write so much on my BB, and it has cut down a bit since I switched. But, the other day I used a 9650, and it felt really weird to type on a physical keyboard again. Try the iPhone, you probably will like it. If not, return it, and get the 9930.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Reactions: mamahack

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I went from having every blackberry from the pearl up to the 9650, the. Got the iPhone, and fell in love. I thought it would be tough typing? But it really isn't. I will say though, I used to write so much on my BB, and it has cut down a bit since I switched. But, the other day I used a 9650, and it felt really weird to type on a physical keyboard again. Try the iPhone, you probably will like it. If not, return it, and get the 9930.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

This is the kind of "former" BB honesty that I'm looking for here! Thank You!!!! I have loved RIM for awhile now BUT I think there is possibly something out there that is better! LOL!!!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Although I respect your OPINION! I believe you are not totally right! I think most people can give an honest answer regarding a product one way or the other! There may be Newbies to the Iphone who would totally disagree with you and go back to a BB as soon as they got the chance! I want to know every ones thoughts...Not just people who have owned Iphones from the beginning of time!!! ;)

Got enough explination points in your reply? LOL just so you know I don't own an iPhone yet, I am on Sprint and so this is the first time I will be able to get one. I was a long time BB user and current android user, I have been a long time Apple product fan and an iPhone fan based on what I have used and experienced while on others phones and what I have been told my numerous friends that own iPhones. Again, you are missing my point, people that have bought an iPhone and hated it and went back to a BB when they could are not people you would find on this site, you would find them on Crackberry or another BB fansite. As I pointed out if you asked this same question on CB you would get some replies about the positives on both devices but still those people would tell you to go with a BB because that is THEIR preference. Your question could probably be answered best by a site like CNET because they are not a fan site of one specific brand, they are a technology information site. Have you recieved one reply on here telling you to go with the BB unless a physical keyboard was a must for you or if you needed a non-camera smartphone due to security reasons for a job (though you pointed out that you don't work so that doesn't pertain to you) and those will be the only replies you will get in here in regards to choosing a BB over an iPhone. Sorry you don't comprehend what I am saying without taking offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: spuntz82

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am also on here to have a chance at winning a iphone4s.Go with what fits you first cause you will always be at ease with you decision. if you want to step outside the box then go iphone.

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4s. I've only owned one Blackberry (Curve 8330) and I was not impressed at all. I was only using it because my Palm Pre was being replaced. So maybe that's why I didn't like the Blackberry? Because I was using a better operating system already.
The iPhone 4s I feel, is by far the most notable phone out there on the market. That should be reason enough to get it..... In my book of course.

Reactions: GuyKujawa

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got enough explination points in your reply? LOL just so you know I don't own an iPhone yet, I am on Sprint and so this is the first time I will be able to get one. I was a long time BB user and current android user, I have been a long time Apple product fan and an iPhone fan based on what I have used and experienced while on others phones and what I have been told my numerous friends that own iPhones. Again, you are missing my point, people that have bought an iPhone and hated it and went back to a BB when they could are not people you would find on this site, you would find them on Crackberry or another BB fansite. As I pointed out if you asked this same question on CB you would get some replies about the positives on both devices but still those people would tell you to go with a BB because that is THEIR preference. Your question could probably be answered best by a site like CNET because they are not a fan site of one specific brand, they are a technology information site. Have you recieved one reply on here telling you to go with the BB unless a physical keyboard was a must for you or if you needed a non-camera smartphone due to security reasons for a job (though you pointed out that you don't work so that doesn't pertain to you) and those will be the only replies you will get in here in regards to choosing a BB over an iPhone. Sorry you don't comprehend what I am saying without taking offense.

Very Good. I like the amount of respect you have in your post. I also enjoy "Fresh Thinking"

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I hope the decision was simple enough, I have 9930 for a week on Sprint and also own an iPhone 4. There was simply no comparison between the two devices.

I hope you decided to go with the 4S

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Oh I get your point and as I said from the very beginning...I've done some research already but wanted some personal experience from the other side of the fence! Also let's not forget why I'm here in the first place...FREE IPHONE4S GIVEAWAY! And you have not offended me yet! ;)

MGFreud

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I too had the BBerry 9930 and returned it after 2 weeks. THe good: nicer and wider keyboard, fster, better surfing. THe bad: same old BBerry.... The touch screen was anoying since the gui is desigened for keys. would touch the screen and change thigns without knowing it!!! it dorve me crazy! same old apps...

I even ordered a playbook and sent it back. I"ve been a loyal BBerry owenr for 8 years and just pre-ordered the IPhone 4S. Heck, this is my first post in this site!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
this is a no brainier asking that question here. ask it on the crackberry forums and you'll see mainly BB love.
i have a BB and i'm open minded of other devices but i love my keyboard. i have an ipod touch and that has curved my attention towards an iphone but not completely.

things i like about the ipod is the screen sice, fluid os and ease of use for most people. it is a simple phone if you want it to be.

the things i like about the blackberry are the battery life, messaging quickness and mostly the keyboard.

for me its usually the blackberry because the things i do on my phone are simple. bbm,text,call,google occasional addresses and phone numbers and use pandora. i know everyone is different and if you use your phone as a portable computer on the go then i would say iphone but if you just use your phone for the basics of staying in contact with people all day via text or email and leave the real web surfing for when you get home i would go for a blackberry.

there isnt 1 phone for everybody and you usually have to try it for a little while to find if it is right for you. asking on a forum just gives you a different user standpoint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice