Blackberry 9930 OR Iphone4S?

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been the proud owner of a BB 9650 for almost 2 years now and I just registered with TiPb to win the new Iphone. But I'm wanting to know which phone is better and why you feel that way! I really am torn between the two and have done some research on both but still am not sure which to choose? This new Iphone looks to be awesome but lacks the physical QWERTY that I've come to love! So please tell me what you think good or bad that I should know about the Iphone in general. :)

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you want a phone good for email and messaging only? Or do you want a phone that will have both of those, plus the entertainment factor? If the second option is what you want, get an iPhone.

Reactions: mamahack

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Now what kind of response do you think you are going to get here?

With that said, I had the 9930 for a week and returned it. Screen was too small for me and other than the excellent messaging, the apps were terrible (almost laughable), and I got tired of battery pulls real quick (yes, I still had to do them).

Reactions: gmz73 and mamahack

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry could have hit it on the nail with the Storm. But they just don't have the brains or technology to hang anymore. Maybe they'll hire a new development department or steal some Apple people. But to answer your question Iphone4S or even Iphone4 over the blackberry.

Josh

Rubjr254

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on person preference. If you like a sleek state of art touch screen phone that has tons of apps to choose from with the ease itunes then you choose an Iphone 4GS. If you prefer a physical keyboard and are not into apps or into lots of media, you should go with the blackberry. Being a former blackberry user, the move to the iphone was a move that has no regrets.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Since you already own and are familiar with Blackberries I would purchase the iPhone 4S and play around with it for the 14 day trial period and if you are not satisfied return and exchange it for the 9930. You will have to pay the restocking fee though.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on person preference. If you like a sleek state of art touch screen phone that has tons of apps to choose from with the ease itunes then you choose an Iphone 4GS. If you prefer a physical keyboard and are not into apps or into lots of media, you should go with the blackberry. Being a former blackberry user, the move to the iphone was a move that has no regrets.

So I agree here 100%. I had a Storm 1, and it was 'difficult'.

Currently have a Curve 3G (Company Issued), and it's better than the Storm, but still difficult to do non-work stuff (Web, Apps, general fun...!)

My wife has the iP4, and its much more user friendly for everything 'fun'. That said, a physical keyboard is a thing of beauty... My new iP 4S is already ordered.

I guess, its all about what you're gonna do with it. all email/ messaging/work related stuff, you should be good with either. More fun/ less work? I would seriously consider the iPhone.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been the proud owner of a BB 9650 for almost 2 years now and I just registered with TiPb to win the new Iphone. But I'm wanting to know which phone is better and why you feel that way! I really am torn between the two and have done some research on both but still am not sure which to choose? This new Iphone looks to be awesome but lacks the physical QWERTY that I've come to love! So please tell me what you think good or bad that I should know about the Iphone in general. :)

The iPhone keybaord will be hard to learn coming from a blackberry, but you'll get the hang of it! :)
I think you should get the 4S because the CPU is almost triple the speed of you're BB and iOS rules. Hope this helps

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank You to everyone! I am a stay ay home Mom so I don't use my BB for work at all just personal emails and apps really. So I am now really leaning towards this new Iphone!! I think I will take CG68s advice and get the Iphone 4s(if I don't win it first! ; ) ) and try it for the 14 days! AGAIN thanks to ALL who replied! :)

rickchard

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I used Blackberry 9900 for about a month until it wouldn't boot up anymore for some reason. Now I'm using a 3GS. I used a 9780, 9800 and 9000 prior to the 9900 so I'm pretty well-versed as far as Blackberrys are concerned. They keyboard on the 9900 is by far the best keyboard RIM has ever made. OS7, while similar to OS6, is much faster to navigate around, especially paired with the touchscreen. The only major complaint I had with the 9900 was the camera not having AF. Otherwise it was very fast (HSPA+ on ATT, GPS lock, navigating the OS), had no need for battery pulls, excellent keyboard, pretty much everything you'd want from a Blackberry.

Now having used a 3GS for a couple weeks now, what do I miss? The little red notification LED, the keyboard, the microUSB port, the form factor. I'm sure I can get used to the iPhone's form factor though. I definitely don't miss the lack of apps that I faced with owning a Blackberry though!

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using the 9930 and love it. It is unlike your current bold because it is actually really fast. The browser is no longer a joke and loads full pages awesome! Its also no longer cheap feeling and there really aren't battery pulls (unless you delete an app, which is annoying still). With that said, I will be trying out the iPhone 4s. Can't hurt trying something to see if you like it better than what you currently have.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
bb is good if you want a keyboard and want a phone for mainly just emailing. Storing music, web browsing, and overall ease of use make the iphone a better choice in that respect. It all depends what you want from the phone and whether you feel the need that you must have a keyboard or if you can and are willing to use a virtual keyboard. Not to mention the app selection for the iphone compared to the bb isn't even close. BB lacks most apps that are in ios so if you want to use alot of apps that could be a deciding factor.

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
If you're a stay at home mom then you would thank yourself 9976886555 times for giving the iPhone a serious try! You can't talk to a bold and tell it to set your timer when you're cooking and trying to watch a show. There are so Manu reasons for you to make the switch. You can thank me layer too! LOL! :)

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site

OMG, is this really a question? I had several Blackberry's over the years. The last I had was the Blackberry Bold. The iPhone will change your life. You will look back 6 months from now and try to remember what life was like before your iPhone. Seriously...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR