Hey all. My scenario isn't so easy maybe it is. I bought the iphone4 on September 26 and I asked the rep about new iphone release rumors,etc. He said it at least isn't coming out in the next 50 days. Well a week later the official annoucement comes out. I have til October 26 to bring my phone back for an exchance. Bought the phone on a new contract so only had to paid $199. So with the Iphone 4S coming out and I will be doing an exhange, what do I do. Go to at&t store on release day? Go to Apple store on release day? Pre-Order? I obviously can't take the phone back now before the IP4S release date or I would be phoneless. So what do I do? I would be pissed if I went and waited in line for hours and hours and had a issue with them exchanging a phone on such a busy day.

Thanks in advance
    Josh
    10-06-2011 10:59 PM
    Go back to where you got it and exchange the device but expect some type of restocking fee.
    10-07-2011 12:29 AM
    I'd definitely head to the shop and talk to someone in person. I'm assuming you bought it at AT&T? Explain your situation and see if you can pre-order at the subsidized price without exchanging your phone the same day (obviously you would have to exchange it when you picked up the new phone).

But though that's worth a try, I suspect they'll say no, even if only out of confusion. A better plan might be to return the phone and cancel the contract, then sign up for a new contract again when you order your iP4S. Then you just need to use a pay as you go plan for a few days--surely you have access to a cheap old phone via a friend or something like that--between the pre-order and the pickup. Good luck!
    grunt0300 likes this.
    10-07-2011 12:49 AM
    I'd definitely head to the shop and talk to someone in person. I'm assuming you bought it at AT&T? Explain your situation and see if you can pre-order at the subsidized price without exchanging your phone the same day (obviously you would have to exchange it when you picked up the new phone).

But though that's worth a try, I suspect they'll say no, even if only out of confusion. A better plan might be to return the phone and cancel the contract, then sign up for a new contract again when you order your iP4S. Then you just need to use a pay as you go plan for a few days--surely you have access to a cheap old phone via a friend or something like that--between the pre-order and the pickup. Good luck!
    i agree get a refund then buy the new one
    10-07-2011 09:59 AM
    Buy the new one. Then get back in line and resell the old one Hope this helps
    10-07-2011 10:01 AM
    Thanks guys. If AT&T data wasn't so good and there service so great here. And free mobile to mobile and rollover minutes along with being able to talk and surf the web at the same time. (I love tethering and talking on my phone at the same time, lol.) I would be gone. There customer service is horrible, there prices are high but they just have to many percs the other companies don't have.
    10-07-2011 05:53 PM
    Take it back on release day, pay the restocking fee, leave with new phone.
    10-08-2011 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD