Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

efar76

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to this email from Verizon:

Important information about your iPhone 4S order.
Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4S order. We know that you are
anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new phone.
Due to the volume of orders received, your phone may not be shipped as scheduled
on 11/11 and your order could be delayed. We will continue to keep you informed
with further updates including a new shipping date.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you
have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

UGH.

LingLing511

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine came off backorder yesterday but still no shipping information...I'll be checking throughout the day to see if a tracking number is posted. I feel like a little kid before Christmas! I'm giddy and anxious! :D

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to this email from Verizon:

Important information about your iPhone 4S order.
Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4S order. We know that you are
anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new phone.
Due to the volume of orders received, your phone may not be shipped as scheduled
on 11/11 and your order could be delayed. We will continue to keep you informed
with further updates including a new shipping date.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you
have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

UGH.

I was also promised a shipment today, with a pick up either tomorrow or Monday. If there is another delay (already almost three weeks' wait), I am going to cancel my order at the Verizon store and go to Radio Shack where they have "tons" of iPhone 4s phones in stock. I won't get the $30 customer discount Verizon is offering, but so what? It will be worth it to pay the extra $30 and have my phone in hand, instead of waiting for another indefinite period before Verizon can deliver.

efar76

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was also promised a shipment today, with a pick up either tomorrow or Monday. If there is another delay (already almost three weeks' wait), I am going to cancel my order at the Verizon store and go to Radio Shack where they have "tons" of iPhone 4s phones in stock. I won't get the $30 customer discount Verizon is offering, but so what? It will be worth it to pay the extra $30 and have my phone in hand, instead of waiting for another indefinite period before Verizon can deliver.

I have a manager override on my account that forced my order to be over the phone... I think I'm stuck riding this order out.

I will be calling tonight after work to see when my "new" target ship date is.

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a manager override on my account that forced my order to be over the phone... I think I'm stuck riding this order out.

I will be calling tonight after work to see when my "new" target ship date is.

So a "manager override" means that you cannot cancel your order even if you wanted to?

efar76

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
So a "manager override" means that you cannot cancel your order even if you wanted to?

No, it means they had to do an early upgrade (8 months early) on one of my lines (due to a problem I was having with my Gingerbread broken Droid Incredibles). They told me (via their tech support) that would be the only way I could get them at the reduced rate (the store would not be able to put in the same override). Whether that is true (or just what they decided to tell me to appease the situation) I am not sure.

Interesting twist. I did call around to all of the local VZW resellers (including Radio Shack) and no one had any stock. So, I (dreadfully) called Verizon to find out if they could get me an update on when my "delayed" iPhones will be here (1 black 32GB and 1 white 32GB for those who missed my first post). When I try to check my order status through the automated system, it says my order has been processed and I should have in 2 business days. Then, when I press 2 to get my tracking number, it said they show my phones have already been received and activated... WTF.

I switched over to actually speak to someone and they told me that, in order to do this override, they had to enter it into one system and then delete or convert it into another (whatever the hell that means) but he was showing that my cc info had been "processed" (even though it wasn't posted on my bank account yet) and I should have a tracking number this evening. They are supposed to call me back (which I have had no success with them doing lately) this evening with my tracking number...

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I decided to phone the Verizon store this morning, just to make sure the phone had shipped yesterday as promised. I asked to speak with the young sales rep who said he would call me when the phone arrived and I was told that "he is no longer with us." When the agent checked my order, lo and behold, the phone was in the store! But no one thought to call and tell me that. So may I suggest that if you ordered an iPhone from a store, don't be shy about contacting the store and pestering them. For all I know my iPhone may have been sitting there for a few days. I am glad I called and will pick it up asap.

efar76

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I decided to phone the Verizon store this morning, just to make sure the phone had shipped yesterday as promised. I asked to speak with the young sales rep who said he would call me when the phone arrived and I was told that "he is no longer with us." When the agent checked my order, lo and behold, the phone was in the store! But no one thought to call and tell me that. So may I suggest that if you ordered an iPhone from a store, don't be shy about contacting the store and pestering them. For all I know my iPhone may have been sitting there for a few days. I am glad I called and will pick it up asap.

Glad to hear you were able to track yours down. I'm still waiting for my order (that was supposed to have been processing yesterday afternoon) to somehow clear through the system. Getting tired of this waiting game.

dboldi15

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
hi im soon to be a new iphone user coming from DX i ordered it on the 4th with verizon. still have no confirmation number or any tracking details guess ill be waitng till the 18th and hope its worth the wait

efar76

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Efar, when did u order? I ordered Tues on phone with VZ. Shipped Wed, got it Thurs. Had also been given est ship date of 11/11. Hope u get urs soon

I order mine over the phone on 10/29... had been given a ship by of 11/4 (over the phone) 11/11 (via email) and confirmation of shipment this morning. Looks like I should have it 11/15.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 64GB Black Unlocked on Nov 12. Shows "Processing" with estimated delivery Nov 28-Dec 5.

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation for an unlocked version?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2